After my storm bricked and was replaced by Verizon, I cant see my device memory or my memory card from my storm on my vista pc. I had no problems with this on my original phone. I called Verizon who patched me in with Rim to troubleshoot. After an hour, they decided to send me a new phone. I updated my OS to 184.108.40.206 Restored my data and and reinstalled my apps.(should have tested first)
Guess what, yes, I still cant see the drives. I should have tested it before going thru all that effort. I have removed desktop manager and installed the latest 5.x from verizon. Still no luck. I hooked my sons storm up and I can see the drives. With my phone hooked up to his pc, running DM 4.x, I cant see the drives. It must be something I restored from the old backup. I cant figure out what. I dont want to wipe and reinstall again.
Memory settings are media card support on, mtp on, mass storage mode on, auto enable mass storage yes.
DM sees the memory and the media card both. Suggestions?
I think this may have something to do with the storage activation. When I was having a similar issue before, but I could not see the device memory only my sd card and I came across this file. It did not help my issue, but resolved other issue EU's were having with their storage and not showing. The file is to big to upload on here, but if you google BBStorageActivation you should get several hits and location of where the file is. Sorry don't have the URL either I am at work right now and get a big ACCESS DENIED when trying to load pages. Hope this helps!
Thanks Guys. It fix my problem that started back in July. Within 1 hour of posting my problem, I had a working solution. You guys are the best. Great site, I check it daily for updates. I am mostly a reader, not a poster, and the solution came from someone making their first post! You guys made a believer out of me. Thanks again.
BTW ... when I ran the batch file, it would say hit enter to continue, then run again. It did this about 4 times before I terminated it. Not an issue for me, but I thought worth mentioning. I am just thrilled that it worked.
You're welcome. Since I found the answer to a number of questions here and I've been following 220.127.116.11 leak closely on this site, I felt I "owed it to the site" to provide an answer to someone new. That's the reason I signed up to post.
I need my camera so haven't tried .191 (okay, also haven't worked up the courage to use something unofficial). But flick scrolling, more speed, threaded SMS, etc is pretty tempting. Might seriously consider a hybrid with the right features and stability.
BTW..my computer is a laptop running Vista Home Premium and I had the same experience. The batch file kept saying "press any key to continue" and when I did, it would repeat. I too finally terminated it. But it worked.