removing stock pics and vid
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: removing stock pics and vid

  1. #1
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times

    removing stock pics and vid

    how do i remove the stock pics and video on my 9530. i tried to do the retrieve files with CrackUtil, but none of them were listed. not real important, just tryin to free up some memory.




  2. #2
    pupp3t Guest
    I used JLCMder, it was fairly easy.

  3. #3
    pupp3t Guest
    try this

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Delete the file net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod form your Storm with javaloader.exe. The file is 5MB large. A good gain. Or the next time you update your OS via DM, just go into the java folder of the OS load and rename this cod file to .bak or delete it if you don't want it loaded.

    Oh, almost forgot. The command for javaloader.exe is

    javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod

    otherwise go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\Your OS\Java Folder

  4. #4
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    try this

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    Delete the file net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod form your Storm with javaloader.exe. The file is 5MB large. A good gain. Or the next time you update your OS via DM, just go into the java folder of the OS load and rename this cod file to .bak or delete it if you don't want it loaded.

    Oh, almost forgot. The command for javaloader.exe is

    javaloader -u erase -f net_rim_bb_medialoader_backgrounds_360x480_t.cod

    otherwise go to C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\ResearchInMotion\Share d\LoaderFiles\Your OS\Java Folder
    ok, i'll try that. thx. do u know of a link to JLCMder?

  5. #5
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    ok, i'll try that. thx. do u know of a link to JLCMder?
    JLcmder was my mistake...its to wipe your phone.
    Use the info i gave in my last post.
    Late night, not much sleep

  6. #6
    djh074's Avatar
    djh074 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    PIN
    k taco
    Device
    9530 vzw
    OS
    check back daily
    Posts
    161
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    JLcmder was my mistake...its to wipe your phone.
    Use the info i gave in my last post.
    Late night, not much sleep
    lol. no worries. u guys were on here pretty late last night. thx for the help

  7. #7
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by djh074 View Post
    lol. no worries. u guys were on here pretty late last night. thx for the help
    Anytime

  8. #8
    golfhunter28's Avatar
    golfhunter28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.141/162 v5.1
    Posts
    95
    Liked
    0 times
    I removed the files but pictures and sample music is still there. To remove the video just click on the video and you will see the red X to delete. In the Hybrid V3 these files have already been removed but pics are still there. I would love to delete them, I started CrackMem but cant figure it out since I do not use my DM to load my OS. Maybe I am doing something wrong!

  9. #9
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    here is a step by step for anyone else with this question.

    How To: Gain 7.149MB of Memory
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  10. #10
    pupp3t Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    here is a step by step for anyone else with this question.

    How To: Gain 7.149MB of Memory
    thanks Neo, i'll keep that in my files.

  11. #11
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Quote Originally Posted by pupp3t View Post
    thanks Neo, i'll keep that in my files.
    your welcome, check out the whole help section there are a bunch of procedures that have been written up by a few people.

    good stuff
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  12. #12
    brockmant is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northern Kentucky
    Device
    Storm
    Posts
    21
    Liked
    0 times
    Easiest way to do it is from your phone. Go to StormOTA.com. Download the free app called bbfilescout. You can use this ON your phone FROM your phone to erase those pesky pictures.

  13. #13
    golfhunter28's Avatar
    golfhunter28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.141/162 v5.1
    Posts
    95
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by brockmant View Post
    Easiest way to do it is from your phone. Go to StormOTA.com. Download the free app called bbfilescout. You can use this ON your phone FROM your phone to erase those pesky pictures.
    That's what I did works great.

  14. #14
    05Warrior's Avatar
    05Warrior is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    304824EB
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .114 Hybrid
    Posts
    110
    Liked
    0 times
    Same here works great!

    Quick way to delete sample pics while on phone:
    Download then open BBFileScout
    Goto System>Samples>pictures
    Delete everything you don't want

    http://bb.emacf1.com/ota/BBFileScout.jad

  15. #15
    Blaaacks_Berry's Avatar
    Blaaacks_Berry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Nc
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    The latest hybrid....
    Posts
    30
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 05Warrior View Post
    Same here works great!

    Quick way to delete sample pics while on phone:
    Download then open BBFileScout
    Goto System>Samples>pictures
    Delete everything you don't want

    BBFileScout Download
    Thanks this works great!!:You_Rock_Emoticon:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •