Anybody know how to download bigger email attachments?

Thread: Anybody know how to download bigger email attachments?

tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Liked
    0 times

Anybody know how to download bigger email attachments?

We all have this problem and we all hate it........is there a poss way around this? Right now attachment sizes can be no bigger than 2.9meg

Is there a hack we could figure out??!!! :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    We all have this problem and we all hate it........is there a poss way around this? Right now attachment sizes can be no bigger than 2.9meg

Is there a hack we could figure out??!!! :aargh4::aargh4::aargh4:
    No unfortunately, what you can do is post them on a web page you can all veiw, and log in to look at them but no there is not a way to set that to a bigger ammount

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    No unfortunately, what you can do is post them on a web page you can all veiw, and log in to look at them but no there is not a way to set that to a bigger ammount
    Well I figured with the NET Browser option -- (dl any size file from net) that there must also be a way to dload a bigger size in an email---

10mb wouldmake me happy

THERE HAS TO BE A HACK!!! ANY IDEAS???!!!!! BBC??? WHERE R U?:laugh2::laugh2:

trunk is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I know there was recently a workaround for downloading big files in your BB browser, i dont know if it will work for emails too? might be worth a shot. i havent done it personally but i saw a post on it a few days ago.
    Im sure 0mie will come up with a workaround for emails if this infact does not work. Have you by chance tried using a 3rd party email app such as gmail to download the attachments? just a thought.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...y-browser.html
    Last edited by trunk; 09-03-2009 at 11:14 PM.

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by trunk View Post
    I know there was recently a workaround for downloading big files in your BB browser, i dont know if it will work for emails too? might be worth a shot. i havent done it personally but i saw a post on it a few days ago.
    Im sure 0mie will come up with a workaround for emails if this infact does not work. Have you by chance tried using a 3rd party email app such as gmail to download the attachments? just a thought.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/t...y-browser.html
    Of course ---- I have tried everything --- google email accnt with and without google enhanced plug-in---- the google plug in -- yeah, not a fan -- it always runs in b ground

I have the net browser option already--i can select what browser i want---WAP, Internet, and NET --- email dontwork

the only thing i can think of wouldbe to :evil: browser and go to email providor website---hotmail, yahoo etc and try and get the dload that way --- but thatsux.

we need a hacj!

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    Of course ---- I have tried everything --- google email accnt with and without google enhanced plug-in---- the google plug in -- yeah, not a fan -- it always runs in b ground

I have the net browser option already--i can select what browser i want---WAP, Internet, and NET --- email dontwork

the only thing i can think of wouldbe to :evil: browser and go to email providor website---hotmail, yahoo etc and try and get the dload that way --- but thatsux.

we need a hacj!
    Can you access the same email online? If so, you could use Opera to log into the web based email system and use it to download the attachment.