View Folder - Multiple Inboxes
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: View Folder - Multiple Inboxes

  1. #1
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times

    Question View Folder - Multiple Inboxes

    This may seem a weird question, but I'll ask anyway...

    I have three email addresses associated w/my Storm: 9530, Home & Work

    I realize when I choose VIEW FOLDERS that three inboxes makes sense because there are three email accounts on the phone. However, there is a 4th one, nothing is in it and I do not know how to tell with what it is associated, if anything. When I log into the VZW BIS site, I confirmed only three email accounts are setup and active.

    How can I determine what the 4th one is and if I want to, how can I get rid of it? I've tried wiping all email on the phone and doing a QuickPull but it's still there. Any ideas or suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Afterthought: could the 4th one be the Messages button that allows all items: All Emails, SMS, MMS, Missed Calls, etc. to be seen in one listing/location?
    Last edited by ktklein; 09-01-2009 at 10:55 AM. Reason: More info...




  2. #2
    BDRAGON's Avatar
    BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Boynton Beach, FL
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.983
    Posts
    416
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

    There's no name on the email app? You could go into email settings & see how many email accounts are associated With your BB.
    Last edited by BDRAGON; 09-01-2009 at 11:02 AM.

  3. #3
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BDRAGON View Post
    Wirelessly posted

    There's no name on the email app? You could go into email settings & see how many email accounts are associated With your BB.
    Already did that. Both under Email Settings and via the VZW/BIS website, there are only three showing.

  4. #4
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    This may seem a weird question, but I'll ask anyway...

    I have three email addresses associated w/my Storm: 9530, Home & Work

    I realize when I choose VIEW FOLDERS that three inboxes makes sense because there are three email accounts on the phone. However, there is a 4th one, nothing is in it and I do not know how to tell with what it is associated, if anything. When I log into the VZW BIS site, I confirmed only three email accounts are setup and active.

    How can I determine what the 4th one is and if I want to, how can I get rid of it? I've tried wiping all email on the phone and doing a QuickPull but it's still there. Any ideas or suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Afterthought: could the 4th one be the Messages button that allows all items: All Emails, SMS, MMS, Missed Calls, etc. to be seen in one listing/location?
    Yup, your afterthought may be dead on. I have 2 email accounts, each has an icon and then there's one for sms and a seperate one for "messages" which is not associated with a particular account. Some of this can also be theme dependent.
    Last edited by toytooii; 09-01-2009 at 11:25 AM.

  5. #5
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    It'd be nice if from the View Folders screen there was some information as to which account or button a folder is associated. Either way, I haven't found a way to actually get rid of it if I wanted to do so.

  6. #6
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    It'd be nice if from the View Folders screen there was some information as to which account or button a folder is associated. Either way, I haven't found a way to actually get rid of it if I wanted to do so.
    You could just hide it

  7. #7
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    You could just hide it
    Nah, can't hide it - it is a folder inbox listing under the View Folders option, no on a main screen. I'm just curious as to what it is associated with.

  8. #8
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    Nah, can't hide it - it is a folder inbox listing under the View Folders option, no on a main screen. I'm just curious as to what it is associated with.
    OK - now I see what you're referring to. Well, if it's of any comfort, I have 13 Inboxes on mine....all with nothing in them (I always delete messages, both outgoing and incoming). Could it be these represent remnants from old email accounts created and than deleted? I've done that several times when installing the many OS's over the months. I wonder if they come back with the service books? Anyway, you are correct....apparently no way to get rid of them.

  9. #9
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    OK - now I see what you're referring to. Well, if it's of any comfort, I have 13 Inboxes on mine....all with nothing in them (I always delete messages, both outgoing and incoming). Could it be these represent remnants from old email accounts created and than deleted? I've done that several times when installing the many OS's over the months. I wonder if they come back with the service books? Anyway, you are correct....apparently no way to get rid of them.
    I have had instances where my Outlook folders have shown up in the View Folders but I am not on a BES so there was no email in any of the folders.

    I would then open DM, go to Backup and Restore > Advanced and let it load. Under Device Databases on the right hand side, scroll down to Folders, highlight it and select Clear.

    I have done this before with existing email on my BB and it has only deleted the folders that I did not want (or need). When I performed the clearing, I had 216 folders on my BB. I now have 1. I presently only have 2 email accounts on my BB.

    Suggest doing a backup before attempting just in case.
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  10. #10
    ktklein's Avatar
    ktklein is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    So. Jersey / Philly region
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Lyricidal Hybrid .705 v2 (.591-based)
    Posts
    164
    Liked
    4 times
    Thanks acme anvil - just tried using DM to clear the Folders as you suggested and it took care of the problem. Most excellent! Thanks.

  11. #11
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Great! Thanks...Taking the same route!
    Edit - That worked perfectly! Thanks Acme Anvil!
    Last edited by toytooii; 09-01-2009 at 03:36 PM.

  12. #12
    acme anvil's Avatar
    acme anvil is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Langley BC Canada
    PIN
    ch me. I must be dreaming.
    Device
    Bell Mobility Storm 9530
    OS
    Changes weekly
    Posts
    159
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    Thanks acme anvil - just tried using DM to clear the Folders as you suggested and it took care of the problem. Most excellent! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by toytooii View Post
    Great! Thanks...Taking the same route!
    Edit - That worked perfectly! Thanks Acme Anvil!
    Glad to help. First time I have been able to contribute a working solution. That's the great thing about BBOS - everyone helping everyone.
    Less of of a n00b than yesterday

  13. #13
    Jaguarr40's Avatar
    Jaguarr40 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sarasota, Florida
    PIN
    Just Ask!
    Device
    Tour 9630
    OS
    4.7.1.40
    Posts
    57
    Liked
    0 times

    Post Extra Folder

    Quote Originally Posted by ktklein View Post
    This may seem a weird question, but I'll ask anyway...

    I have three email addresses associated w/my Storm: 9530, Home & Work

    I realize when I choose VIEW FOLDERS that three inboxes makes sense because there are three email accounts on the phone. However, there is a 4th one, nothing is in it and I do not know how to tell with what it is associated, if anything. When I log into the VZW BIS site, I confirmed only three email accounts are setup and active.

    How can I determine what the 4th one is and if I want to, how can I get rid of it? I've tried wiping all email on the phone and doing a QuickPull but it's still there. Any ideas or suggestions?

    Thanks,
    Kevin

    Afterthought: could the 4th one be the Messages button that allows all items: All Emails, SMS, MMS, Missed Calls, etc. to be seen in one listing/location?
    I also agree Kevin that it could be the catch all folder as you put it for messages since you obviouly have your folders separated to view your seperate emails.

    If I were you I would just move it into your applications folder andleave it there and even if you want to take one more step hide it in there.

    Anytime you answer an email or acknowledge it anyway the star goes away so you would not have to worry about this folder anyway.

    Hope this helps.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

    "Get Busy Living Or Get Busy Dying"

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •