jinda is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow jinda On Twitter
    PIN
    20E38347
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Email Notifications not showing properly on .167

I am using .167, its an official OS when I bought my Storm from Etisalat of Dubai.

I have a problem with the Email Notification when using most of the themes that i downloaded

i shows that i have new emails but when i check it from the email icon itself, its not there. i can only read it from the messages icon.

but everytime i quickpull or go back to my default theme, then its showing.

can somebody help me pls

thanks a lot!

PIN
    20E38347
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    no comments after 8 views:17:

sunkast Guest
    Could be an issue with the theme. That's about all I can figure.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Jinda, welcome to BBOS!!!!

The issue that you are having with the email notifications is a known bug in that OS. The best way to eliminate the bug is to use a default theme. If you choose to use a custom theme, to minimize the bug, when you receive a message, open it, then delete it. Also, delete each message individually, as the phone may freeze. (happened to me on .151 a lot of times) You may also get a notification for sms/mms, but when you go into the sms/mms folder, the new message is not there. In this case, you would need to go to the sms/mms folder, click bb key, view folder. I hope this information helps you.... Don't hesitate to ask questions.

PIN
    20E38347
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post

The issue that you are having with the email notifications is a known bug in that OS. The best way to eliminate the bug is to use a default theme. If you choose to use a custom theme, to minimize the bug, when you receive a message, open it, then delete it. Also, delete each message individually, as the phone may freeze. (happened to me on .151 a lot of times) You may also get a notification for sms/mms, but when you go into the sms/mms folder, the new message is not there. In this case, you would need to go to the sms/mms folder, click bb key, view folder. I hope this information helps you.... Don't hesitate to ask questions.
    hi olta! thanks for the help. i am actually going back to the default theme everytime i lose my patience and going back to custom theme when i feel bored with the default. so its really just the way to do it now. i was just hoping there can be some turn arounds

thanks a lot

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by jinda
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post

hi olta! thanks for the help. i am actually going back to the default theme everytime i lose my patience and going back to custom theme when i feel bored with the default. so its really just the way to do it now. i was just hoping there can be some turn arounds

thanks a lot
    No problem. I wish I could bring you more positive news. Hopefully something leaks for 9500 users to fix multiple issues.

ninad7 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Even Etisalat was not aware of this issue

Hi,

I am also from Dubai. I too had this issue and despite several calls to Etisalat, they could not pin it to OS. I downgraded the OS and the problem disappeared.

BTW Jinda, I notice that you bought a Storm and your details indicate a 8900 phone. Do you have this issue with the latest OS on the 8900 as well.

Ninad.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jinda View Post

thanks a lot
    You can also into your messaging options>general options> switch sms and email boxes to seperate.

I found this helped me with my icons from staying on my screen when using a default theme.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

PIN
    20E38347
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ninad7 View Post
    Hi,

I am also from Dubai. I too had this issue and despite several calls to Etisalat, they could not pin it to OS. I downgraded the OS and the problem disappeared.

BTW Jinda, I notice that you bought a Storm and your details indicate a 8900 phone. Do you have this issue with the latest OS on the 8900 as well.

Ninad.
    yeah i just noticed that today. that was my old phone before the storm. i lost my 8900 and my wallet coz of too much drinking :laugh2:

i updated my details already. etisalat 9500's OS is 4.7.0.167. i dont have problems when using default theme. other apps are ok. i just wana try some hybrids after reading some of the feedbacks. im just unlucky on my first try and gave up around 3am.

ninad7 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jinda View Post
    yeah i just noticed that today. that was my old phone before the storm. i lost my 8900 and my wallet coz of too much drinking :laugh2:

i updated my details already. etisalat 9500's OS is 4.7.0.167. i dont have problems when using default theme. other apps are ok. i just wana try some hybrids after reading some of the feedbacks. im just unlucky on my first try and gave up around 3am.
    .173 has been released and I'll try and see if the issue has been resolved.

PIN
    20E38347
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ninad7 View Post
    .173 has been released and I'll try and see if the issue has been resolved.
    i also installed .173 2 days ago and have no problems yet but im only using the default themes.

Maybe i'll switch to any of Natemz' themes and see.
    Last edited by jinda; 09-06-2009 at 04:20 AM.

wisnu235 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Blackberry Storm
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    none of non standard themes work either in 167 or 173
    All themes features are well functioned except the message.
    I guess we have to wait for all themes' makers to find the culprit behind this annoying bug.