What does everyone think of OS .191?

Poll: Thoughts on .191

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What does everyone think of OS .191?

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

Was 191 worth it

So now that most of us have had a good 24 hours to play with 5.0.0.191 for the Storm, what do you think. Are you staying with it, downgrading or didn't even bother with it. Let's hear your comments and make sure you vote in the poll above.

cmorty72 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cmorty72 On Twitter
    PIN
    CH your money maker!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530/Soon to be Droid owner
    OS
    Something 5.0 that has been shrunk! :P
    Liked
    0 times
    Hmm.... been pondering weather to install this OS or not.
    Seems like there's allot of good features, but then again there's also the camera/video issue.

I think I'll wait until BBCM comes out with one of his works of art with all the good pieces from this OS.:cool2:

Beta360x is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Newest :)
    Liked
    0 times
    Absolutely worth it for the time being if you can deal being without a camera and a facebook app. Being my firstt new O.S. since 4.148 its almost like a totally different phone considering how the interface has evolved so thoroughly. So far I am very pleased and its starting to show that RIM is heading in the right direction with the device.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Love it and staying with it :banana:

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I voted for staying with it. Sure the camera is a bummer for some but since I never take pictures wasn't a deal breaker. Love the improvements in battery life and SFI. This one is a keeper for me.

yourfriendwayned is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow yourfriendwayned On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I voted whats 191? lol jk this has been a great leap since 151 and thats saying a lot... Though riddled with small minor bugs I use this just for the simple fact knowing leaks are starting to come out quicker and quicker, we will soon have these bugs fixed... so im glad im getting acquainted with the new OS... Gives me a reason to use my nikon camera I bought earlier in the year haha "TOAST TO PROGRESSION"
    Visit www.WJDDesigns.com (Mobile Friendly) for All things Berry,Tech Blogs, and my Recent Theme News!
    Thanks to everyone who has purchased WJD Designs Premium themes YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I voted for staying with it. Sure the camera is a bummer for some but since I never take pictures wasn't a deal breaker. Love the improvements in battery life and SFI. This one is a keeper for me.
    I agree, although I used my camera flash for a flashlight a lot !

newberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    just ask
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    staying very stable OS, finally a phone that works correctly (minus the cam lol)

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Don't forget the FLICKING...and FLICKING

But, I totally agree with you...I go heavy use a whole day...with previous OS, had to charge mid day

toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Liked
    0 times
    I use my camera at least twice a day and it's a lot more convenient than making sure I have my digital cam with me at all times...so for that alone I voted, too many bugs. Looking forward to the more refined product though! Love the flick scrolling but waiting for something compatible with all apps and more of the themes....maybe once there's an official 5.0, the app developers will take the leap....one can hope.

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    I too voted to many bugs and downgraded. I need the camera for now and its just not convenient to have to carry a digital around with me. Hopefully this is a problem that can be worked out soon......
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Liked
    0 times
    I voted to keep it. Love the new features! Don't use my camera a whole lot, but it was nice to have when I wanted it. If the camera issue isn't resolved before too long though I may have to downgrade :17::17: But I did read somewhere that Facebook is in the process of an upgrade that will hopefully work with this one :dunno:. Was that you Olta that mentioned that?? Oh well...keep it for now I say :cool2:

baadams52 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    304coc6e
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I installed 191 last night an played with it a little. I liked the new features. Camera doesent matter never use it. It kept freezing up, even had quick pull working for about 4 pulls. Switched back to BBCM V8.5. May try it again on the weekend when I am home and can play with more

RBernier is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    9630 Tour
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Definitely staying with .191. The pluses far outweigh the negatives.

Pluses:
    Flick scrolling
    Fast Browser
    Fast transitions
    Overall speed

One greatly improved feature that has not been mentioned is the loading of images in email. You still have to select "get images" from the menu, but you no longer have to acknowledge the security warning. As soon as you select "get images", the images load instantly.

negatives:
    Accelerometer flips completely
    Stop Tilt doesn't work
    Last edited by RBernier; 09-01-2009 at 06:15 AM. Reason: Edited to add comment regarding loading images
    Ron Bernier

bsherry is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    PIN
    Show me yours I'll show you mine
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Oh my God how could anyone want to downgrade?

Interface is 1000 % better. From Calendar to Alarm, Today Screen to Reminders, it's practically flawless.

I passed out last night after smoking too much, wake up for work, and my battery is still at 65% from charging yesterday morning?!?! Such a huge improvement.

Fluck the camera, it wasn't that good anyway, (comparably speaking).

Drug Wars, App World, etc, don't work. But, at least it helps me concentrate on work again! :aargh4:

Everyone should give it a try.

BDRAGON is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow BDRAGON On Twitter
    PIN
    CUSHION!
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

I initially installed .191 just for the weekend to see what it was all about & it's pretty good so far. The camera might be an issue with having a 2 year old. Have to do without FB, but now notice I'm on there a little too much. Taking it to work & hoping I don't regret doing that. I vote to keep it just for the overall speed.
    Last edited by BDRAGON; 08-31-2009 at 06:26 AM.

rsmiff is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow rsmiff On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I think it is worth it. The interface is the best yet. Everything seems to run a bit faster. The flick scrolling is money!! Threaded SMS is great! The battery/power management is like no other build, I'm starting to wonder if the battery meter is even working...it lasts forever. Facebook does not work but there's a mobile site for that. All of my usual apps still work, Ubertwitter, google maps, storm slider, quicklaunch, berryweather, and AIM is actually working now (did not in .150). The only things I've lost is the camera, which I never use (could be used as a fast reboot utility currently), and I'm sure it will return soon. Gmail app doesn't work but the new build has the gmail expanded tools mixed in. Nothing lost there.

I would say anyone that can do without the camera for a short while should install this OS to get excited about what your Blackberry is about to become...it's like a dangled carrot preview...LMAO!!

yamaberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    YATA!!!!
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v10 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Stop Tilt works for me!
    I really like it and i'm not going back. I'll wait for the camera fix to come. If you have a doubt about installing, just try it and you won't be sorry!!
    Quote Originally Posted by RBernier View Post
    Definitely staying with .191. The pluses far outweigh the negatives.

Pluses:
    Flick scrolling
    Fast Browser
    Fast transitions
    Overall speed

negatives:
    Accelerometer flips completely
    Stop Tilt doesn't work
    Last edited by yamaberry; 08-31-2009 at 06:59 AM.

quiet1 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    up
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Stock 5.0.0.320
    Liked
    0 times
    Hell yea I'm staying with .191, the best 5.0os to date. Yea the camera isn't working, but I don't use it everyday, so I can go for a while w/o a cam.

link is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    definitely worth it for me, ya it sucks to loose the camera but everything else is so solid.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast