What does everyone think of OS .191? - Page 4

Poll: Thoughts on .191

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 75 of 75

Thread: What does everyone think of OS .191?

  1. #61
    Bxrider117's Avatar
    Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Glendale, AZ
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Posts
    262
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I am still wondering which one because .204 does not fix the camera :no:
    Does that mean that you are using an OS that is .204?




  2. #62
    MajikUF's Avatar
    MajikUF is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    Device
    Storm 9530 Unlocked
    OS
    5.0.0.797
    Posts
    97
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I am still wondering which one because .204 does not fix the camera :no:
    Did we ever learn where you get this info? (just curious)

    On a side note, if we know there is a .204, is it time to update the main page to reflect the newest "known" version for 5.x 9530?

  3. #63
    BBObSessed is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    PIN
    occhio
    Device
    The Perfect Storm 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    43
    Liked
    0 times
    As I do use my Storm primarily as a PHONE. I LOVE .191... The phone log, dialing, and over-all feature is DRAMATICALLY improved as far as functionality. The transitions are much faster, my phone rings in on the first or second ring rather than the fourth or fifth. That in addition to ALL the other positives will keep me running this OS until a better one leaks. I oswn a digi camera, so the smoothness makes me stay

  4. #64
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    I think I'm staying with it for a while. I don't use the camera much. The thing that really gets me is that berrybuzz doesn't work and I love that app.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  5. #65
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims
    I think I'm staying with it for a while. I don't use the camera much. The thing that really gets me is that berrybuzz doesn't work and I love that app.
    I did find that BuzzMe works with .191 and its a suitable replacement for BerryBuzz for now. It does change your LED color for phone text and email just not for seperate email addresses like BerryBuzz does.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  6. #66
    futurePharmD's Avatar
    futurePharmD is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OS 5.0.xxx
    Posts
    36
    Liked
    0 times
    Definitely a good build, very happy to see some of the new features. Can not wait til the next one with a working camera!!!!
    Apps: Epocrates, quickpull, slacker, opera mini, berry buzz, storm slider, poynt, Google maps. Theme: Blackberry Pro V2

  7. #67
    catstide's Avatar
    catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I did find that BuzzMe works with .191 and its a suitable replacement for BerryBuzz for now. It does change your LED color for phone text and email just not for seperate email addresses like BerryBuzz does.
    do you get sound with buzzme?

  8. #68
    Goldwinger's Avatar
    Goldwinger is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Canton, GA
    PIN
    30f79184
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    The One That Works!!
    Posts
    87
    Liked
    0 times

    Going back to a stable Hybrid

    I think .191 is ever so close to being there, but not for my phone just yet. I need all the features for what I do or else I'll be carrying around more than one device (which is why I like the Storm). So as much as I like .191, I'm headed back down a notch.

    Just little things really (besides the camera) that I've noticed. I've seen some screen issues and some phone issues that have been mentioned by my callers. Can't hear me and then all of a sudden they can. I played it off to being in a bad area but in reality I was where I always have gotten good signal and reception. Once there is a good all around version 5.0, then I'll be happy. I also didn't like that some of my programs that I depend on didn't work.

    Before OOAK, BBC and Lyricidal started churning out really stable bybrids, I was ready to turn the Storm back in and stick with my Curve, but the quality of their work has made me a believer, so the Storm stays, but with a hybrid for now.

    Good luck to everyone else, hope all goes well with .191
    Last edited by Goldwinger; 08-31-2009 at 08:47 PM. Reason: correct some misspellings

  9. #69
    Rellims's Avatar
    Rellims is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic Follow Rellims On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Denver
    PIN
    EAPPLE...Y
    Device
    9550
    OS
    5.0.whatever is newe
    Posts
    1,102
    Liked
    5 times
    Wirelessly posted

    Quote Originally Posted by catstide
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellims View Post
    Wirelessly posted



    I did find that BuzzMe works with .191 and its a suitable replacement for BerryBuzz for now. It does change your LED color for phone text and email just not for seperate email addresses like BerryBuzz does.
    do you get sound with buzzme?
    I do, I had to reset it once but its working good now.
    See all of my free themes by clicking
    HERE
    Follow me on Twitter @1rellims

  10. #70
    Dave12308's Avatar
    Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Schenectady, NY
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    375
    Liked
    0 times
    I TRIED to love .191 and stick with it. The camera bug I could live with, and I don't even use the apps that people are saying don't work. Even the Google Maps issue I got around, by installing it under 4.7.0.151 and then making an app backup with BBSAK.

    But the one thing I couldn't live with (and actually made me fear potential hardware damage) were the USB issues. I can live without a charging indicator, but this is the problem I have - when trying to copy large files to the memory card the following occurs:

    - file starts copying fine
    - at some point, lengthy error message pops up on PC about a hard disc being disconnected (actually, it's referring to the memory card) - the transfer then aborts
    - after this happens, Windows schedules a disc check for the SD card
    - no errors are found
    - Slacker Synclauncher errors out 100% of the time trying to sync cached stations
    - occasionally I get an error on my BB stating that the USB current is low.

    Now, these problems may not be the fault of the OS, and might just be a dodgy USB driver included in the OS install package, but when it starts telling me my USB current/voltage is out of whack, that's when I start to fear potential hardware damage. And I can't take those chances.

  11. #71
    riahon's Avatar
    riahon is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Edgewood, Maryland
    PIN
    307DFF4B
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.328
    Posts
    88
    Liked
    0 times
    Can't live without the camera. App compatabilty wasn't an issue for me.

  12. #72
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Giving up the camera was tough. I needed it today during a class I am receiving a certification in. But oh well...The applications work, themes work and the phone is speedy and efficient (no reboots). This is a good build and I plan on sticking with it until there is a 191 based Hybrid.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  13. #73
    jtoro2716's Avatar
    jtoro2716 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .238H
    Posts
    23
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    The lack of the camera is a killer for me. But I still loaded it up to play with it.

    I love the build because it shows that RIM is FINALLY moving in the right direction. I am truly excited now for the upcoming builds.

    NOW, if they could only figure out how to run applications off of the SD card, we would have a winner.

    Maybe RIM should call Palm and ask them how its done. My old Treo 650, heck my Kyocera 7135 ran apps from the SD card. Wouldnt think it would be impossible to do.

    Things I miss most from .140 for 1 is the call screen. I liked how all the "keys" on the screen minimized while on a call, no need for screenlock. Miss BBM 5.0 and the camera, even though I mostly use the video camera and that was mainly for the LED as a flashlight anyway.

    Things I do not miss about .140 is at least for me Opera seemed Slooow, .191 not much better. Not sure if thats cause it uses HTTP Protocol instead of Socket on 5.0, thinking so. Tabs on BB Browser were nice, but hated the word wrap issue. Wont miss getting a phone call and not being able to hear the person on the other end cause the phone is vibrating on my head during the whole conversation.
    Being able to set the Alarm without having to do it via the calender or swapping files to fix it.

    Things I like most about .191. First is the flick scrolling.....love it! response is instant. seems to run overall smoother. Glad the old BB Browser is back. Memory seems stable. Has yet to freeze on me, or reset on me. maybe my Storm is not as picky, but I never had any of the reset problems on .140 or .191. Love the bedside mode with the ability to restrict to certain hours (.140 had it too) More themes are compatible with it.

    Things I dislike about .191. Kinda a love hate here; threaded SMS. Love the idea of it, hate the fact that it puts you to the top of the conversation everytime you get a new SMS. Another place to get some pointers from PALM. (not sure how the Pre handles it, but meaning the Treo days) Opera still slow, actually finding myself using the BB browser more often now. Camera/video camera, No BBM5 as mentioned b4. Added Theme compatibility to it but removed app compatibility. Would be nice if my Weatherbug would update the icon. back to screenlock during a call

    Thats all I've got for now, I'm spent

  14. #74
    Bookers's Avatar
    Bookers is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Bookers On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    428
    Posts
    173
    Liked
    0 times
    BUT

    Damn I wish I had the other stuff too....waiting waiting waiting...........



    Camera, BBM 5.0, FB etc....




    I know it's a leak and Im happy with it :-)

  15. #75
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoro2716 View Post
    Maybe RIM should call Palm and ask them how its done. My old Treo 650, heck my Kyocera 7135 ran apps from the SD card. Wouldnt think it would be impossible to do.

    Things I miss most from .140 for 1 is the call screen. I liked how all the "keys" on the screen minimized while on a call, no need for screenlock. Miss BBM 5.0 and the camera, even though I mostly use the video camera and that was mainly for the LED as a flashlight anyway.

    Things I do not miss about .140 is at least for me Opera seemed Slooow, .191 not much better. Not sure if thats cause it uses HTTP Protocol instead of Socket on 5.0, thinking so. Tabs on BB Browser were nice, but hated the word wrap issue. Wont miss getting a phone call and not being able to hear the person on the other end cause the phone is vibrating on my head during the whole conversation.
    Being able to set the Alarm without having to do it via the calender or swapping files to fix it.

    Things I like most about .191. First is the flick scrolling.....love it! response is instant. seems to run overall smoother. Glad the old BB Browser is back. Memory seems stable. Has yet to freeze on me, or reset on me. maybe my Storm is not as picky, but I never had any of the reset problems on .140 or .191. Love the bedside mode with the ability to restrict to certain hours (.140 had it too) More themes are compatible with it.

    Things I dislike about .191. Kinda a love hate here; threaded SMS. Love the idea of it, hate the fact that it puts you to the top of the conversation everytime you get a new SMS. Another place to get some pointers from PALM. (not sure how the Pre handles it, but meaning the Treo days) Opera still slow, actually finding myself using the BB browser more often now. Camera/video camera, No BBM5 as mentioned b4. Added Theme compatibility to it but removed app compatibility. Would be nice if my Weatherbug would update the icon. back to screenlock during a call

    Thats all I've got for now, I'm spent


    Nice write up....Thank You for Sharing!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •