Poll: Thoughts on .191

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .238H
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    The lack of the camera is a killer for me. But I still loaded it up to play with it.

I love the build because it shows that RIM is FINALLY moving in the right direction. I am truly excited now for the upcoming builds.

NOW, if they could only figure out how to run applications off of the SD card, we would have a winner.

Maybe RIM should call Palm and ask them how its done. My old Treo 650, heck my Kyocera 7135 ran apps from the SD card. Wouldnt think it would be impossible to do.

Things I miss most from .140 for 1 is the call screen. I liked how all the "keys" on the screen minimized while on a call, no need for screenlock. Miss BBM 5.0 and the camera, even though I mostly use the video camera and that was mainly for the LED as a flashlight anyway.

Things I do not miss about .140 is at least for me Opera seemed Slooow, .191 not much better. Not sure if thats cause it uses HTTP Protocol instead of Socket on 5.0, thinking so. Tabs on BB Browser were nice, but hated the word wrap issue. Wont miss getting a phone call and not being able to hear the person on the other end cause the phone is vibrating on my head during the whole conversation.
    Being able to set the Alarm without having to do it via the calender or swapping files to fix it.

Things I like most about .191. First is the flick scrolling.....love it! response is instant. seems to run overall smoother. Glad the old BB Browser is back. Memory seems stable. Has yet to freeze on me, or reset on me. maybe my Storm is not as picky, but I never had any of the reset problems on .140 or .191. Love the bedside mode with the ability to restrict to certain hours (.140 had it too) More themes are compatible with it.

Things I dislike about .191. Kinda a love hate here; threaded SMS. Love the idea of it, hate the fact that it puts you to the top of the conversation everytime you get a new SMS. Another place to get some pointers from PALM. (not sure how the Pre handles it, but meaning the Treo days) Opera still slow, actually finding myself using the BB browser more often now. Camera/video camera, No BBM5 as mentioned b4. Added Theme compatibility to it but removed app compatibility. Would be nice if my Weatherbug would update the icon. back to screenlock during a call

Thats all I've got for now, I'm spent

PIN
    scan if barcode is avatar
    Device
    Storm 2
    OS
    BUT

Damn I wish I had the other stuff too....waiting waiting waiting...........

Camera, BBM 5.0, FB etc....

I know it's a leak and Im happy with it :-)

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by jtoro2716 View Post
    Maybe RIM should call Palm and ask them how its done. My old Treo 650, heck my Kyocera 7135 ran apps from the SD card. Wouldnt think it would be impossible to do.

Things I miss most from .140 for 1 is the call screen. I liked how all the "keys" on the screen minimized while on a call, no need for screenlock. Miss BBM 5.0 and the camera, even though I mostly use the video camera and that was mainly for the LED as a flashlight anyway.

Things I do not miss about .140 is at least for me Opera seemed Slooow, .191 not much better. Not sure if thats cause it uses HTTP Protocol instead of Socket on 5.0, thinking so. Tabs on BB Browser were nice, but hated the word wrap issue. Wont miss getting a phone call and not being able to hear the person on the other end cause the phone is vibrating on my head during the whole conversation.
    Being able to set the Alarm without having to do it via the calender or swapping files to fix it.

Things I like most about .191. First is the flick scrolling.....love it! response is instant. seems to run overall smoother. Glad the old BB Browser is back. Memory seems stable. Has yet to freeze on me, or reset on me. maybe my Storm is not as picky, but I never had any of the reset problems on .140 or .191. Love the bedside mode with the ability to restrict to certain hours (.140 had it too) More themes are compatible with it.

Things I dislike about .191. Kinda a love hate here; threaded SMS. Love the idea of it, hate the fact that it puts you to the top of the conversation everytime you get a new SMS. Another place to get some pointers from PALM. (not sure how the Pre handles it, but meaning the Treo days) Opera still slow, actually finding myself using the BB browser more often now. Camera/video camera, No BBM5 as mentioned b4. Added Theme compatibility to it but removed app compatibility. Would be nice if my Weatherbug would update the icon. back to screenlock during a call

Thats all I've got for now, I'm spent

Nice write up....Thank You for Sharing!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910