B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Large text files in the Browser

Frivolous Question time!
    I admit it, I'm a total gamer. I love playing video games with my wife and friends. Sometimes we want to check a FAQ on a game that someone is playing, and I often try to use my Storm, but here's where the problem comes in: The FAQ files are often in excess of 800K. Loading these up in the standard Storm browser makes it slower than molasses flowing uphill in winter on crutches. Yuck. On the other hand, the formatting is good and the searching function works great.
    So I tried using Opera. MUCH faster, but the search in page function (crucial to navigating these pages) doesn't work. It can't even find copy/pasted text... I'm sure it's got something to do with how the site (Gamefaqs) structures their pages. Loading the raw txt file in Opera enables searching, but it also remove a lot of formatting and makes the file much more difficult to read. So here's my question: What is the best method/browser to load large quantities of text, keep proper TXT formatting while still keeping a "find in page" option? Thanks!

If you want an example of the kind of file I want to use...
    GameFAQs: Earthbound (SNES) FAQ/Walkthrough by mbrocket

.75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

sunkast Guest
    It's nice that they have that sort of information. But it is no where near anything that can be used on a mobile phone... If it was split up into pages and what not it would work fine. Truthfully, even on a computer those walkthroughs are a pain to use...

B Jorje is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yeah. They can be a nuisance, but that's why the search is so important. Opera seems to have no troubles with the sheer volume of info, just the formatting and searching. Maybe I'll try Bolt and see if it does better. Are there any other decent browsers out there to try?
    .75 -> .148 -> .151 Hybrids -> v5
    Better and better!

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you tried Bolt Browser?
    Driphter.com Co-Owner