Thread: Charging Issue

woolroom is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Charging Issue

My battery loses juice as soon as I take it off the charger. This just started with the new upgrade. (Once again I am not sure that I have 114 v2 as the platform reads: 4.0.0.136 which was the same with the hybrid 1). The only apps I have running are:the phone, browser, home, mail and blackberry messenger (which I don't use at all and can't seem to get rid of it without removing it from the phone).

I just wanted to update this. I removed all Blackberry programs and installed v3. My battery life is back to what it was when I first got the phone (which is fine) and my platform reads 4.0.0.144.
    Last edited by woolroom; 04-02-2009 at 01:19 PM.

williamsck1 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Charging Issue

Hey all, i have an issue I cannot seem to find and wanted to know if I am the only person with this issue. I am running .113 and just moved from .109. They both worked great with one exception. While on .109, I woke up for work and found my Battery had not charged fully. While at work the Battery dropped down to red line. Got home and put it on the charger and all was good. Just a glitch right? Just updated to .113 with no issues. Worked great for one day and last night it did the exact same thing? Has anyone seen this issue before? I would think the OS is not registering the battery or something along that line but on two OS's? Anyone, ideas?

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by williamsck1 View Post
    Hey all, i have an issue I cannot seem to find and wanted to know if I am the only person with this issue. I am running .113 and just moved from .109. They both worked great with one exception. While on .109, I woke up for work and found my Battery had not charged fully. While at work the Battery dropped down to red line. Got home and put it on the charger and all was good. Just a glitch right? Just updated to .113 with no issues. Worked great for one day and last night it did the exact same thing? Has anyone seen this issue before? I would think the OS is not registering the battery or something along that line but on two OS's? Anyone, ideas?
    Sounds like maybe a defective battery.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Have you checked the cable? Has it been damaged in anyway? Could be the usb port.

You can also check this, go into your device manager (on your pc). make sure there is not a ? next to strom in USB devices. If there is you may have to reload the driver. (rt click and uninstall) it should do it on its own

OR you got another bad battery, these have been famous for that
    Last edited by bbcrackman; 03-27-2009 at 02:13 PM.

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I am not using my PC to charge it, however the Wall plug-in device seems to be just fine. I plug it in and I get a bolt on the battery icon and it seems to be charging now, just happened twice and no idea why? two different OS's with same problem? If its a battery issue would it not have a problem all of the time and not hit or miss?

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    If it has happened only twice, it could be the connection to the device regardless of how it is being charged.
    Wait and see on this charge to be sure.
    I unfortunately have heard of and experienced intermittent battery issues.
    If that is the case, you may be able to get a replacement.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    If it has happened only twice, it could be the connection to the device regardless of how it is being charged.
    Wait and see on this charge to be sure.
    I unfortunately have heard of and experienced intermittent battery issues.
    If that is the case, you may be able to get a replacement.
    That would not be good. I cannot get a replacement from Verizon, would have to buy one. I am on Alltel/Hacked Storm. They only cost around 50.00 so I guess its not that bad.

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    That would not be good. I cannot get a replacement from Verizon, would have to buy one. I am on Alltel/Hacked Storm. They only cost around 50.00 so I guess its not that bad.
    If you need a battery, there is always EBAY. 18.00-35.00 not bad if youre looking

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    If you need a battery, there is always EBAY. 18.00-35.00 not bad if youre looking
    or try the new one with more mA from seido.com
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    I would try pulling the battery making sure the connections are dust free, blow on it. Sometimes an extra battery pull works, when i first got mine i wiold lay it on a table and it would dim then get bright, dim then get bright, couldnt figure out why the screen would not go black but only on occasion, so i called VZW talked to a BB expert.... Guess what he told me to do ... yup ... pull the battery ... worked hasnt happened since

statustray is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Verizon 9530 (S
    OS
    5.0.0.484 (Platform
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    or try the new one with more mA from seido.com
    Speaking of the seido batteries, anyone used the 1600mA and/or the 2600mA? I've been "thinking" about these for a while now, but have not eaten the bait yet.

Statustray