PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamtobelieve View Post
    Try loading .75 on your device, then going through the Verizon site to do the update to the .148?
    i didnt do it that way went from .75 to .148 through dm with out the os on my pc dm downloaded it interanally

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    WOW, that is alot of effort to get a PHONE to take pictures, kudos to your efforts but I just use my Olympus Stylus 780 Camera and I don't ask it to make calls for me. sorry, just trying to inject some humor where discouraging results were winning, just in fun :laugh2:
    lol your fine was funny, but my wife and i work opposite alot and we like to quickly bbm pics back and forth, we have a 10month old

bbuserpa is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    yea i installed them all, pulled the cods i wanted then removed them all. When I got done i was going through dm so I didnt have a single os installed on the pc
    I messed around by replacing camera and video recorder COD's from just about every OS and freaked when I read this. I decided to try and go back to .148.... Luckily I was able to... I downloaded the official release from VZE left the vendor.xml file in place and downgraded through DM (Did not do any wipe) and the camera and video camera work.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbuserpa View Post
    I messed around by replacing camera and video recorder COD's from just about every OS and freaked when I read this. I decided to try and go back to .148.... Luckily I was able to... I downloaded the official release from VZE left the vendor.xml file in place and downgraded through DM (Did not do any wipe) and the camera and video camera work.
    lucky!

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    lol your fine was funny, but my wife and i work opposite alot and we like to quickly bbm pics back and forth, we have a 10month old
    Now that is something my smartass didn't think of nor consider. I now understand your efforts to find a remedy. Feel free to disregard my last transmission.
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    Now that is something my smartass didn't think of nor consider. I now understand your efforts to find a remedy. Feel free to disregard my last transmission.
    lol you are fine gave me a chukle lmao

markdental is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    I have a theory:

I'd be willing to bet that the reason the phone reboots under the .191 .sfi is because when the .cod file tells the camera to start, it begins to perform an "improper hardware function" and for safety the camera quickly shuts itself down and reboots the phone.

I bet that one time, your phone did not shut itself down quickly enough and the .sfi file allowed the camera hardware to operate improperly too long thus causing a dead camera.

At this point I don't believe it is software related.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    I have a theory:

I'd be willing to bet that the reason the phone reboots under the .191 .sfi is because when the .cod file tells the camera to start, it begins to perform an "improper hardware function" and for safety the camera quickly shuts itself down and reboots the phone.

I bet that one time, your phone did not shut itself down quickly enough and the .sfi file allowed the camera hardware to operate improperly too long thus causing a dead camera.

yikes....so much for my camera quickpull :bigeyes:

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by markdental View Post
    I have a theory:

I am going to try e's suggestion in the am will post findings, i would think it would do more than that if it was fried, but hell what do i know

jcorcoran01 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    kinda sounds like the camera is fried at this point, but thanks for the heads up. Good luck fixing it
    Last edited by jcorcoran01; 08-30-2009 at 11:14 PM.

rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Liked
    0 times
    forgive me, as I'm sure you thought of this also. I've noticed there are a bunch of new app permissions, something about camera shutter one of them. Is this old news? Or could it fix something?

Acutepsychosis is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey man, if the camera isn't working due to a factory setting that cannot be changed by the end user, it might be saved when you backed up your phone with DM... if you haven't already, try to just restore your phone with a .ipd from before you started messing with the .cod's and maybe it will restore the setting.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    forgive me, as I'm sure you thought of this also. I've noticed there are a bunch of new app permissions, something about camera shutter one of them. Is this old news? Or could it fix something?
    There are new app permissison, but I restored from an old back up

Quote Originally Posted by Acutepsychosis View Post
    Hey man, if the camera isn't working due to a factory setting that cannot be changed by the end user, it might be saved when you backed up your phone with DM... if you haven't already, try to just restore your phone with a .ipd from before you started messing with the .cod's and maybe it will restore the setting.
    See above post lmao... e I tried your idea and No joy. I am at a loss i have tried installing .75 and restoring defaults as well. So i guess no biggie jsut really really lost lmao

Dave12308 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Reading this, it just brings one thing to mind:

Remember, it's VERY rare for software to cause a hardware failure (unless of course we're talking about overclocking software) - it COULD be the case, but this is more likely just an unfortunate coincidence.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12