Google Voice & Incoming SMS Notifier
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Google Voice & Incoming SMS Notifier

  1. #1
    hookbill is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .151/.167 Lyricidal v10
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    0 times

    Google Voice & Incoming SMS Notifier

    Is there a way that anyone knows to get a light to flash when you have an incoming SMS via Google voice on my Storm? I don't really think there is but maybe I'm missing something. If anyone happens to have an idea please let me know. I am running BerryBuzz and I don't see anything there either.

    Right now the only way for me to get a clue as to whether I have an incoming SMS is to look at the folder to see if there is a star on it.

    I hope I placed this in the right spot Mods, I didn't see a "third party app" for Storm section. I am new to this forum so I may have overlooked the proper place.


    Proud Flock Leader of 10 Parrots
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    lyricidal .151/6v10


  2. #2
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by hookbill View Post
    Is there a way that anyone knows to get a light to flash when you have an incoming SMS via Google voice on my Storm? I don't really think there is but maybe I'm missing something. If anyone happens to have an idea please let me know. I am running BerryBuzz and I don't see anything there either.

    Right now the only way for me to get a clue as to whether I have an incoming SMS is to look at the folder to see if there is a star on it.

    I hope I placed this in the right spot Mods, I didn't see a "third party app" for Storm section. I am new to this forum so I may have overlooked the proper place.
    Hookbill, great to see you again! I hope you will consider making BBOS your aerie of choice. We all are very parrot and parrot-head friendly here.

    How is your GV app set (BB key --> Settings while in GV)? I have mine set to notify my mobile device of calls and SMS. I just sent myself a text message (from my device phone number to my GV number), and my device notified me as per my sound profile (vibrate) of the incoming SMS. Also, the SMS was in my message folder as a new message, and the LED was blinking.

    FYI, I am on 5.0.0.191. I see that you are running lyr's .151/v.9 hybrid. Have you had any issues with SMS or MMS on that hybrid? I recal that .151 had some know MMS issues for folks. That is my only thought besides setting the app to notify you on your device.

    Good luck, and good to see you!
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

  3. #3
    hookbill is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .151/.167 Lyricidal v10
    Posts
    38
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by louwiid View Post
    Hookbill, great to see you again! I hope you will consider making BBOS your aerie of choice. We all are very parrot and parrot-head friendly here.

    How is your GV app set (BB key --> Settings while in GV)? I have mine set to notify my mobile device of calls and SMS. I just sent myself a text message (from my device phone number to my GV number), and my device notified me as per my sound profile (vibrate) of the incoming SMS. Also, the SMS was in my message folder as a new message, and the LED was blinking.

    FYI, I am on 5.0.0.191. I see that you are running lyr's .151/v.9 hybrid. Have you had any issues with SMS or MMS on that hybrid? I recal that .151 had some know MMS issues for folks. That is my only thought besides setting the app to notify you on your device.

    Good luck, and good to see you!
    I get 250 messages each month. I had it set up that way but it was going against my incoming message count. I'm not quite running lyrs v.9 yet, I'm probably going to install it either later today or tomorrow. Right now I'm really running version 8. But to answer your question I have not had a problem sending MMS with .151, I've occasionally got the red x but more often then not they go through.

    Thanks for the warm greeting.
    Proud Flock Leader of 10 Parrots
    Blackberry Storm 9530
    lyricidal .151/6v10

  4. #4
    rasputin's Avatar
    rasputin is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Kentwood, Michigan
    Device
    9530
    OS
    Ask Lou.
    Posts
    405
    Liked
    0 times
    Lou, I don't see these options. Was there an update? What ver you on. I have 0.1.415.742.2129

  5. #5
    louwiid's Avatar
    louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    Lou, I don't see these options. Was there an update? What ver you on. I have 0.1.415.742.2129
    Version 867.5309, Jenny.

    The SMS and the phone calls should both be forwarded to your mobile number if that is the number you set in options (either via mobile app or via Google Voice on PC).

    I will see if GV has any additional options via PC.
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •