golfhunter28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.141/162 v5.1
    Liked
    0 times

Memory Leak Issues

My memory yesterday went from 47.5 to 26.5 , is that a bad memory leak? Just turned the phone on this morning and it was at 25.0 did a Quickpull and it is now at 46.5. I only have 3 Apps. Google maps, Quickpull, and ESPN.

vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    More data on my mem loss.....

Took off VZ Nav (don't use it) and removed Talklock. pulled the batt. Last night turned the phone off and charged it (as usual) and this morning, mem levels at 0.0.

I was running the Ascarii 2.0 theme. I have turned that off as well now, back to the default theme.

Any further ideas? I check fairly regularly to make sure no extra apps are running.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by golfhunter28 View Post
    My memory yesterday went from 47.5 to 26.5 , is that a bad memory leak? Just turned the phone on this morning and it was at 25.0 did a Quickpull and it is now at 46.5. I only have 3 Apps. Google maps, Quickpull, and ESPN.
    Is that from the whole day? if yes then you should be in good shape.
    If no, then my opinion is if it dropped that much in a few hours it could still be ok depending on your usage. those three apps could have drained it. were they running constantly in the background?

Quote Originally Posted by vader7071 View Post
    More data on my mem loss.....

Took off VZ Nav (don't use it) and removed Talklock. pulled the batt. Last night turned the phone off and charged it (as usual) and this morning, mem levels at 0.0.

I was running the Ascarii 2.0 theme. I have turned that off as well now, back to the default theme.

Any further ideas? I check fairly regularly to make sure no extra apps are running.
    I Believe Ascarii is a drainer. How long has it been off? That could have been the issue.
    Try to repeat the problem now that you have it off the device. Let us know your findings

Good habit to keep your unused programs closed like you said.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    OK, He's my .02. I have pretty much had every Leaked OS. prior .109(.83-.106) on my phone, including all three of Sith_Apprentice's Hybrids as well as BBCrackman's first hybrid 103/106 (yes, he was making hybrids before .114. lol) I am now currently now running .114Hybridv2. My conclusion is this app memory problem lies in the .sfi file in the OS files. I have had pretty much the same "core" apps through all of these OS's (WB, Aerize Alerts, Buzz Me, Capture IT, Talklock, Youmail, and a few Web launchers), and what I found was they all "leak" memory, except .90. But .90 .sfi was/is so unstable that the memory benefit is not worth the added problems. It has been said that this "leak off" of memory has no ill effects/losses on the storm. Unlike prior Blackberry's that, when reaching very low app memory, would start deleting emails and contacts. My opinion is that if you find a stable OS that has a fast browser and smooth navigation throughout the phone, the "leak" problem shouldn't be a deciding factor.

golfhunter28 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.141/162 v5.1
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Is that from the whole day? if yes then you should be in good shape.
    If no, then my opinion is if it dropped that much in a few hours it could still be ok depending on your usage. those three apps could have drained it. were they running constantly in the background?

No they were not running all day, I try to close all Apps after using.
    Last edited by Shane; 03-27-2009 at 12:20 PM. Reason: fixed quote

vader7071 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Ask please
    Device
    9550 Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    3 times
    Update. No theme, talklock off, and mem is now 26.7 Meg at half day. Still normal useage. Much better.
    Chris W. "Vader"
    Are you mission critical?
    Old ninja saying.....Nine times down, ten times up!

painlessone is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    v.5.0.0.328 4.2.0.128
    Liked
    0 times

TalkLock

I am running 114 v2 ...BBCrackman suggested removing "TalkLock" as it seems to be a memory drain. On the V2 Hybrid is the "Mute" button disabled on the phone while you are talking? That is the only reason I have TalkLock installed because the mute is a pain...people think they have dropped your call because they can no longer hear you.

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    Do you hit the mute button with you're cheek, i have never had that problem.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by gatewayad View Post
    Do you hit the mute button with you're cheek, i have never had that problem.
    I haven't yet, but tons of people have, that and the speaker are the most common i've heard

Oh, I just got your sig. I forgot you guys can change your title. that's funny, I believe you can also use it to clean morons...
    Last edited by Neolantis; 03-27-2009 at 07:28 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

gatewayad is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow gatewayad On Twitter
    Device
    9530/Droid
    Liked
    0 times
    Ha! thanks, when i was on CB i had a saying at the bottom
    "When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like the passingers in his car"
    Got a note from a mod to remove it