Huge Battery Problem
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Huge Battery Problem

  1. #1
    fraserb2 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    0 times

    Huge Battery Problem

    I have been having huge issues with battery life on my storm, ever since I unlocked my storm. I have not changed anything on my storm, software included since I unlocked it. I will get decreases in battery near 20% on a single 2 minute call or a song on pandora. Is there something crazy that happened by unlocking the phone? Is it possible to re-lock the phone to see if this is the problem as I really have no use for an unlocked phone in the next 2 months.




  2. #2
    fraserb2 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    0 times
    Let me add this:

    Before I was getting close to a day and a half of heavy use on the storm and now the same amount of use will only allow me to get near to 4-6 hours.

  3. #3
    Prince Jah's Avatar
    Prince Jah is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beantown MA
    PIN
    NING 1 "CO
    Device
    S2 and Wifey S1
    OS
    Lyric(705H)/607 OS P
    Posts
    579
    Liked
    0 times
    NAh...I unlocked my phone and that doesnt effect your battery at all. Just make sure that youre actually closing your apps, browser and have your led off. if you havent already, you should upload .151 w/the V8.5 Hybrid. Best OS thusfar until this new .191 gets leaked(Maybe itll be better)..

  4. #4
    fraserb2 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Jah View Post
    NAh...I unlocked my phone and that doesnt effect your battery at all. Just make sure that youre actually closing your apps, browser and have your led off. if you havent already, you should upload .151 w/the V8.5 Hybrid. Best OS thusfar until this new .191 gets leaked(Maybe itll be better)..
    I have been hesitant to load .151 because of the pandora issues. Therefore I have not moved from .148. I am going to try something else. Will wiping the application data without reloading the software and then reloading the apps one at a time do anything? I also do not plan on restoring the data via the application loader. I read this helped someone with memory so I figured it may help with battery issues. :dunno:

  5. #5
    bbprintz215's Avatar
    bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.975
    Posts
    324
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fraserb2 View Post
    I have been hesitant to load .151 because of the pandora issues. Therefore I have not moved from .148. I am going to try something else. Will wiping the application data without reloading the software and then reloading the apps one at a time do anything? I also do not plan on restoring the data via the application loader. I read this helped someone with memory so I figured it may help with battery issues. :dunno:
    I am running .151 and I use Slacker and it works fine. Are you closing out applications you do not need opened? Having a bunch of apps opened in the background can drain your battery but I don't think it would be as severe as you are saying your issue is

  6. #6
    toytooii is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .419/.692 Hybrid by Lyricidal (Shrunk)
    Posts
    510
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    I am running .151 and I use Slacker and it works fine. Are you closing out applications you do not need opened? Having a bunch of apps opened in the background can drain your battery but I don't think it would be as severe as you are saying your issue is
    Not to state the obvious but it could all be coincidental and your battery is just going bad. LiO batteries tend to be fine one day and then just lose their power very quickly at the end of their life cycle. Might want to try another battery (leaving everything else unchanged) to see if that's your problem.

  7. #7
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    let me ask you this quickly did you switch to gsm over cdma or did you just unlock so it was done?

  8. #8
    fraserb2 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    51
    Liked
    0 times
    just so it was done as I do travel outside the US on an occasional basis. I am on verizion.

  9. #9
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by fraserb2 View Post
    just so it was done as I do travel outside the US on an occasional basis. I am on verizion.
    make sure when you go to manage connections that you have only 1XEV selected, now that you are unlocked if y ou have it on global it will search, then when you travel make sure you change it to GSM. That my drastically reduce the battery usage.

  10. #10
    HarlyFan's Avatar
    HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Powell, Ohio
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Posts
    469
    Liked
    0 times
    I agree make sure 1XEV is selected!
    Live Each Day Like You Are Dying!

  11. #11
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    All very good suggestions so far but yes to answer your question a handheld wipe might help as well. I personally do a selective restore every time now. Just move your contacts,browser bookmarks, calendar. Try to avoid any "settings".

    A lot of the left over stuff is easy enough to set on the device after.



    Definitely worth a try!
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 09-05-2009 at 09:26 AM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •