Saving 3rd Party Apps?
I tried to save my 3rd party apps. but could not find the folder and the DM kept asking me for the pin of my new device what next, I am running Win. XP? I also deleted the files for gaining 7.149 of memory then uploaded the OS but memory is the same and wallpaper is still there did I do something wrong?
golfhunter28, your 3rd party apps should be in the directory C:\Users\your profile\AppData\Local\Temp. Your profile would be your PC login name. I would try to delete the files again. Maybe something got reinstalled
Last edited by Shane; 03-28-2009 at 12:29 PM.
When looking for the folder with your pin using the procedure in the how to section...make sure to click the box for hidden files
Shanepark2, I found my folder so backed up my 3rd PartyApps that was great but again I still have the Wallpapers. I double checked to make sure they were still deleted and they are not in the Java folder but I still have them when I uploaded. Could these be somewhere else or in another file?
Originally Posted by Shanepark2
I also forgot to backup my settings with DM but luckily I have them on my pc at home!
Originally Posted by golfhunter28
In Carrier Themes
In Pre-Loaded Wallpaper
In Sample Video
He is all the files that I know of that are wallpaper related.
Might I suggest using Crackmen by Pete6. It kinda like a safer version of Crackutil, and it lets you click on the things you don't want and it deletes them. Here is a pic of it.
You can download it HERE
It installs same as Crackutil. Vista needs to be installed as administrator.
The files were not there so I loaded the Hybrid 2 again and the wallpaper is still there but I am on Platform 136 now and running at 50.5 on memory. I looked at CrackMem but don't fully understand the instructions so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for your help!
This is a quote from Pete6.
UPGRADING YOUR OS USING CRACKMEM
- Download and install the OS that you wish to install on your phone
- Download and install Desktop Manager 4.5 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
- Download CrackMem from the end of this post
- Unzip CrackMem (double click and select 'Extract all files' from the menu on the left. There is only one file.
- Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.
- Kill Desktop Manager but leave your phone connected to your PC
- Run CrackMem
- Select the Operating System you wish to install
- Confirm your choice with the 'Confirm Operating System Selection' Button and the selected OS will be displayed in red.
- You can change your choice now if you wish.
- In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
- Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
- Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.
- Instalation of the Operating System should begin automatically.
- Carefully select the modules you wish to install.
Sorry for so many question but will I need to wipe my phone again and will DM 4.5 replace my 4.7?
Tags for this Thread