Saving 3rd Party Apps?
I tried to save my 3rd party apps. but could not find the folder and the DM kept asking me for the pin of my new device what next, I am running Win. XP? I also deleted the files for gaining 7.149 of memory then uploaded the OS but memory is the same and wallpaper is still there did I do something wrong?
golfhunter28, your 3rd party apps should be in the directory C:\Users\your profile\AppData\Local\Temp. Your profile would be your PC login name. I would try to delete the files again. Maybe something got reinstalled
When looking for the folder with your pin using the procedure in the how to section...make sure to click the box for hidden files
Shanepark2, I found my folder so backed up my 3rd PartyApps that was great but again I still have the Wallpapers. I double checked to make sure they were still deleted and they are not in the Java folder but I still have them when I uploaded. Could these be somewhere else or in another file?
Originally Posted by Shanepark2
I also forgot to backup my settings with DM but luckily I have them on my pc at home!:o
Originally Posted by golfhunter28
In Carrier Themes
In Pre-Loaded Wallpaper
In Sample Video
He is all the files that I know of that are wallpaper related.
Might I suggest using Crackmen by Pete6. It kinda like a safer version of Crackutil, and it lets you click on the things you don't want and it deletes them. Here is a pic of it.
You can download it HERE
It installs same as Crackutil. Vista needs to be installed as administrator.
The files were not there so I loaded the Hybrid 2 again and the wallpaper is still there but I am on Platform 136 now and running at 50.5 on memory. I looked at CrackMem but don't fully understand the instructions so any tips would be appreciated. Thanks for your help!
This is a quote from Pete6.
UPGRADING YOUR OS USING CRACKMEM
- Download and install the OS that you wish to install on your phone
- Download and install Desktop Manager 4.5 from here https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...93E4F3BB068C22
- Download CrackMem from the end of this post
- Unzip CrackMem (double click and select 'Extract all files' from the menu on the left. There is only one file.
- Connect your phone and make sure that Desktop Managher can connect to it. Watch for your PIN number to appear at the bottom of the Desktop Manager panel.
- Kill Desktop Manager but leave your phone connected to your PC
- Run CrackMem
- Select the Operating System you wish to install
- Confirm your choice with the 'Confirm Operating System Selection' Button and the selected OS will be displayed in red.
- You can change your choice now if you wish.
- In the MODULE REMOVAL section pick as many modules to remove as you wish. Make sure that you check the box for 'Remove Vendor.xml'
- Once you have finished slelecting, click 'Excecute Slection' and youi will see an 'Action Completed' box appear. CLick to dismiss it.
- Click the 'Desktop Manager' button.
- Instalation of the Operating System should begin automatically.
- Carefully select the modules you wish to install.
Sorry for so many question but will I need to wipe my phone again and will DM 4.5 replace my 4.7?