storm prl?

Thread: storm prl?

duramaximized is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

storm prl?

Does anyone have directions on how to manually load a prl onto the storm i have tried with qpst and it will not stick on roboot any ideas or another program i could use?

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    crackman would be the one to help you on this probably.

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    I've done this with moto phones. Might have to dig into this in the am. I assume your trying to rollback your PRL? Where are you getting your base PRL from... HoFo?

bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by duramaximized View Post
    Does anyone have directions on how to manually load a prl onto the storm i have tried with qpst and it will not stick on roboot any ideas or another program i could use?
    I have read that bitpim works on the BlackBerry, but I can neither confirm or deny. I will have to do some digging to find an alternative for you.

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    I found a couple things.
    1. What build Qpst are you using? read people have trouble with 215 and 263, build 301 seems to be the build to use. I had trouble connecting with 215 (never had 263), 301 connected right away. If you need help locating this PM me as it is "Wares"

2. Also found another product to do this called Infosoft Universal PST Found in this thread by Gueido on HoFo HERE

Note: read in that post that Qpst also altered the SPC, but it was an old thread, so not sure if build 301 rectified this.

Hope this helps. Please post back with your findings, as I am curious as to what works for you.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

still not working

Well today i bought cdma workshop because i read that it would successfully write a prl to the storm. No such luck. the program itself claims that it has written it successfully when i load it, it turns the radio off before hand automatically, first off before writing, when i go into options to turn it back on it will not until i reboot the phone, then do a #4357* and it shows a prl of 1, I cant believe this can be so complicated. Its like i need to turn off a lock of some sort.

bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Liked
    2 times
    Well today i bought cdma workshop because i read that it would successfully write a prl to the storm. No such luck. the program itself claims that it has written it successfully when i load it, it turns the radio off before hand automatically, first off before writing, when i go into options to turn it back on it will not until i reboot the phone, then do a #4357* and it shows a prl of 1, I cant believe this can be so complicated. Its like i need to turn off a lock of some sort.
    QPST will !!! YOU BOUGHT? HEX? it's free man and why do u want to do a manual PRL update?

bmerdinian is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    STORM 9530
    OS
    .186 TELUS Official
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Shanepark2 View Post
    I found a couple things.
    1. What build Qpst are you using? read people have trouble with 215 and 263, build 301 seems to be the build to use. I had trouble connecting with 215 (never had 263), 301 connected right away. If you need help locating this PM me as it is "Wares"

2. Also found another product to do this called Infosoft Universal PST Found in this thread by Gueido on HoFo HERE

Note: read in that post that Qpst also altered the SPC, but it was an old thread, so not sure if build 301 rectified this.

Hope this helps. Please post back with your findings, as I am curious as to what works for you.
    DO you have a working link for Infosoft Universal PST ?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    No qpst will not write the prl either. After it gets done the phone reboots also and shows a prl of 1. *228 gives me 30035 i need the 40045 to roam and have data capabilities.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I changed everything on this storm to match alltel programming , did not change the hex or anything it was never registered with verizon although i purchased from them, simply called alltel to add as a blackberry is this affecting a prl change then?

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    this is the error i get after loading prl to storm with qpst build 301
    NV_UE_IMEI_I NV_READONLY_S

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    I did a little googling. Will this help you out? If I'm understanding you, you are trying to get an alltel PRL working on your VZW phone.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    no the phone is working great on alltel, i am still with them , but the phone was/is verizon everything works great except when i travel away from home cannot roam on the other providers and have data with a 30035 prl only

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    ya followed his intructions to the t to make this thing work but if u notice he never actually says a manual prl is sticking to the storm

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Is it possible that the storms prl is being changed even though i cant see it when doing a #4357* and shows a prl of 1

PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Is it possible that the storms prl is being changed even though i cant see it when doing a #4357* and shows a prl of 1
    Not sure.. When I do it, mine shows 51284 (VZW). Is there a chance when you converted it over, something didn't take, causing your manual PRL update not to stick. I'm not sure. When it comes to QPST and RadioComm, I know just enough to be dangerous. Used to do it all the time with putting Alltel software in Verizon phones,but never with Blackberry's.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    no the phone is working great on alltel, i am still with them , but the phone was/is verizon everything works great except when i travel away from home cannot roam on the other providers and have data with a 30035 prl only
    While the Storm is a global phone VZW is still in its infancy in terms of global roaming. I have traveled to many countries with my Storm and always seem to have problems with it no matter what PRL I have. My solution was to call VZW and unlock the SIM card so that I get a local one. That is why when I travel overseas I always use T-Mobile. Hands down they are the best for global roaming.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Ok a little update on this. Used cdma workshop the latest version and the program says the prl is updated with the new one that i load, but the phone still shows a prl of 1 only. I think maybe the prl is loading and on the phone even though it says different. Havent traveled on other towers yet but will soon and will post my results.