PIN
    ; )
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm 9520

yes a storm with wifi
    i think rogers is bringing this storm wifi (9520)

cawty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid v.3.5
    Liked
    0 times
    get the ***blleep***out of here..

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    Here are some pics...

Last edited by Neolantis; 03-24-2009 at 07:29 PM.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    I hate verizon how they never have wifi phones. Friggen pisses me off. Im going to get this and unlock it!

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    187 times
    good idea...be nice for a lot of people that want the wifi option
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Brett Wyman is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Device
    Tour
    OS
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    good idea...be nice for a lot of people that want the wifi option
    Ya but will an unlocked rogers storm wifi work with verizon?

Shane is offline BlackBerryOS Champion
    PIN
    yes
    OS
    5.0.xxx/.40
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackberryOS View Post
    I hate verizon how they never have wifi phones. Friggen pisses me off. Im going to get this and unlock it!
    Then your gonna hafta switch carriers, I'm pretty sure the 9520 is GSM only.

erneberry is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    ; )
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    neolantis thanks 4 the pics

blackberryos i think you can use it unlockeed in another carries
    im using a vodafone 9500 on movistar (panama)

mendez777 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow mendez777 On Twitter Add mendez777 on Facebook
    PIN
    24E1DBA9
    Device
    Z10
    OS
    Carrier
    Tim Italy
    Liked
    4 times
    9500 works with gsm carriers as well 9520.....verizon has CDMA/EVDO network and need xx30 devices.

13furthermores is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    20CC8983
    Device
    BB Storm 9500
    OS
    4.7.0.151/5.0
    Liked
    0 times

Storm 9520

Storm 9520 will have WiFi, 3G and will work on All US Cariers except for Verizon! Verizon does not support GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA 1.8 Mbit/s/HSDPA 3.6 Mbit/s

Its just a mater of time as to when it will be released.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storm 9520-bbs9520.jpg  

dumpyloser is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .114h1
    Liked
    0 times
    i would be very surprised if RIM made these phones with wifi chips and not the rest vzw has just disabled it imo, but i could be (and probably am) wrong.

TDetroit is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, it would be nice to have Wifi, but you loose the GPS chip in order to have the Wifi option. I actually use my VZNav all the time, and, at least in my area (Detroit, MI and Metro) the EVDO network is very strong so I can do without Wifi, but not without GPS. This has been covered numerous times on Crackberry and some other BB forums.....you have either/or, but not both. Not sure why RIM can't cram both chips into the housing....(look at the Samsung Omnia or the iPhone - please no flaming, just making a point). Rogers is GSM, so you could probably unlock it and use it on T-Mobile and AT&T, but not on Verizon. Even though Verizon has started letting "outside" phones onto their network in 2008, they are VERY few and select, AND they MUST be approved, so this definitely would not work on Big Red's network.

analyte is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I haven't read anything about it on Crackberry, but the 8820 and Bold have both GPS and WiFi so it's not impossible.

blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dumpyloser View Post
    i would be very surprised if RIM made these phones with wifi chips and not the rest vzw has just disabled it imo, but i could be (and probably am) wrong.
    well for example the storm, rim agreed to make the storm exclusive to verizon from the get go. so when they were making it verizon said nope not gonna have wifi, cause they like money and they would rather have you use there data plans rather then wifi

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
    I haven't read anything about it on Crackberry, but the 8820 and Bold have both GPS and WiFi so it's not impossible.
    That may be true, BUT, they also have the form-factor for it. The Storms "guts" only have enough space for one OR the other. Maybe the next version storm, will have smaller chips in it, which will allow for both. I know my IPhone 3G had WiFi, GPS, and 3G, so I know it's possible, it's just that it wasn't intended on the storm to have both, so they didn't design it that way. Only a hardware revision will allow for the WiFi, GPS, AND 3G, so for now we can have either have GPS/3G-EVDO, or WiFi/3G or WiFi/GPS sans 3G.

jberry is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    sure
    Device
    OS
    109 Radio/ 131 Java (Slimmed Down) + 46 working 5.0 files
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by 13furthermores View Post
    Storm 9520 will have WiFi, 3G and will work on All US Cariers except for Verizon! Verizon does not support GPRS/EDGE/UMTS/HSDPA 1.8 Mbit/s/HSDPA 3.6 Mbit/s

Its just a mater of time as to when it will be released.
    are you kidding me? Why is verizon so anti-wifi? They need to get with it!

DJYoshi is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jberry View Post
    are you kidding me? Why is verizon so anti-wifi? They need to get with it!
    stated above. they claim to have the biggest network...the most reliable network. I came over to the storm from having an iphone.
    I thought it would be ok with not having wifi since it was the verizon network.
    I WAS WRONG. It makes sense...they want the people to use their network and their data plans to make money.
    it's that reason why verizon didn't get the iphone.
    Apple pitched to Verizon... Verizon wanted $ off of apple's sales... apple said no...and now they're happy with AT&T

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by DJYoshi View Post
    stated above. they claim to have the biggest network...the most reliable network. I came over to the storm from having an iphone.
    I thought it would be ok with not having wifi since it was the verizon network.
    I WAS WRONG. It makes sense...they want the people to use their network and their data plans to make money.
    it's that reason why verizon didn't get the iphone.
    Apple pitched to Verizon... Verizon wanted $ off of apple's sales... apple said no...and now they're happy with AT&T
    Not sure how happy they are. There are quite a few lawsuits out there against AT&T and Apple in regards to AT&T's slow 3G network. I think I pointed it out before (it may have been on Crackberry.com), that in a test by several PC magazines, the IPhone 3G had the SLOWEST 3G speed of any 3G phone on the AT&T network. I know when I had the IPhone 3G, and I wanted to go on my bank website from outside of my home (where I used WiFi), it would take up to a minute for the Chase.com site to completely come up. On my BB Storm, this takes, maybe, 20 seconds. I for one am ok with not having WiFi in the storm. I guess it all depends on where you live, but here in Detroit, the Verizon EVDO Rocks. I remember in 2004/2005, Detroit was one of the early test markets for their EVDO, so they've really built it up. I remember having a Laptop card with Verizon in 2005, and I think it was early to mid-summer when they went from 1xrtt to EVDO here. If memory isn't failing me, they did Chicago and Detroit at the same time, because I arrived in Chicago on a Tuesday morning, had the slow network, and by the time I left three days later, I was able to get EVDO speeds, and when I returned to Detroit, I also had the high-speed network. I do understand that people want WiFi, especially if they're in a rural area, or an area for where EVDO just isn't that strong. Maybe they should make it an option depending on what part of the country you live in....have WiFi but no 3G.