Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Storm 9520

Device
    Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jberry View Post
    are you kidding me? Why is verizon so anti-wifi? They need to get with it!
    stated above. they claim to have the biggest network...the most reliable network. I came over to the storm from having an iphone.
    I thought it would be ok with not having wifi since it was the verizon network.
    I WAS WRONG. It makes sense...they want the people to use their network and their data plans to make money.
    it's that reason why verizon didn't get the iphone.
    Apple pitched to Verizon... Verizon wanted $ off of apple's sales... apple said no...and now they're happy with AT&T

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by DJYoshi View Post
    stated above. they claim to have the biggest network...the most reliable network. I came over to the storm from having an iphone.
    I thought it would be ok with not having wifi since it was the verizon network.
    I WAS WRONG. It makes sense...they want the people to use their network and their data plans to make money.
    it's that reason why verizon didn't get the iphone.
    Apple pitched to Verizon... Verizon wanted $ off of apple's sales... apple said no...and now they're happy with AT&T
    Not sure how happy they are. There are quite a few lawsuits out there against AT&T and Apple in regards to AT&T's slow 3G network. I think I pointed it out before (it may have been on Crackberry.com), that in a test by several PC magazines, the IPhone 3G had the SLOWEST 3G speed of any 3G phone on the AT&T network. I know when I had the IPhone 3G, and I wanted to go on my bank website from outside of my home (where I used WiFi), it would take up to a minute for the Chase.com site to completely come up. On my BB Storm, this takes, maybe, 20 seconds. I for one am ok with not having WiFi in the storm. I guess it all depends on where you live, but here in Detroit, the Verizon EVDO Rocks. I remember in 2004/2005, Detroit was one of the early test markets for their EVDO, so they've really built it up. I remember having a Laptop card with Verizon in 2005, and I think it was early to mid-summer when they went from 1xrtt to EVDO here. If memory isn't failing me, they did Chicago and Detroit at the same time, because I arrived in Chicago on a Tuesday morning, had the slow network, and by the time I left three days later, I was able to get EVDO speeds, and when I returned to Detroit, I also had the high-speed network. I do understand that people want WiFi, especially if they're in a rural area, or an area for where EVDO just isn't that strong. Maybe they should make it an option depending on what part of the country you live in....have WiFi but no 3G.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123