Phone Issue Or Comp Issue?
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Phone Issue Or Comp Issue?

  1. #1
    man3301's Avatar
    man3301 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow man3301 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    International
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .1015
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times

    Exclamation Phone Issue Or Comp Issue?

    OK guys so every time I connect my phone to my comp itís not detecting it at all but I can still use DM BBSAK an Apploader But I canít add any music from my comp to my phone I need some advice on this one right here Guys! What could be causing this to happen? Is It My Phone Or Is It My Comp Cause It's Detecting All my other BB's But Not My Storm!!:hail:




  2. #2
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by man3301 View Post
    OK guys so every time I connect my phone to my comp itís not detecting it at all but I can still use DM BBSAK an Apploader But I canít add any music from my comp to my phone I need some advice on this one right here Guys! What could be causing this to happen? Is It My Phone Or Is It My Comp Cause It's Detecting All my other BB's But Not My Storm!!:hail:
    On your phone go to Options/Memory and scorll down to Mass Storage Mode and make sure it is either set to "Prompt" or "Yes" and that will allow you pc to see the mem card in your device.

  3. #3
    man3301's Avatar
    man3301 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow man3301 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    International
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .1015
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    On your phone go to Options/Memory and scorll down to Mass Storage Mode and make sure it is either set to "Prompt" or "Yes" and that will allow you pc to see the mem card in your device.

    I Done That Also But Nothing It Even Makes A Sound When I Plug My Phone In And Everything Still Nothing At All!

  4. #4
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by man3301 View Post
    I Done That Also But Nothing It Even Makes A Sound When I Plug My Phone In And Everything Still Nothing At All!
    While connected and your phone is plugged in, go to Options/Memory/BB Button and Enable Mass Storage Mode. I have had to do that on a couple of occassions.

  5. #5
    man3301's Avatar
    man3301 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow man3301 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    International
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .1015
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    While connected and your phone is plugged in, go to Options/Memory/BB Button and Enable Mass Storage Mode. I have had to do that on a couple of occassions.

    Ok Did That Also An Still Nothing Thanks Also With The Tips!

  6. #6
    bbcrackman's Avatar
    bbcrackman is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    PIN
    yes
    Device
    9000/9530/9630/
    OS
    5.0.0.3xx
    Posts
    2,902
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by man3301 View Post
    Ok Did That Also An Still Nothing Thanks Also With The Tips!
    Hmmm, What does it show when you go to My Computer, do you see both of the device mem drives, or do you just see a pic of a phone?

  7. #7
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by man3301 View Post
    Ok Did That Also An Still Nothing Thanks Also With The Tips!
    Hello man3301,

    You have logged off so I will need you to PM me so I can send you a Zip file to help reactivate your Mass Storage Mode. I feel that this may be the issue that you are experiencing. If you will, PM me with your email address. Once I receive the PM, I'll email you the Zip file. Then I will post up the instructions for you to use this Zip in your thread here.

    Thanks

  8. #8
    man3301's Avatar
    man3301 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow man3301 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    International
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .1015
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    Hmmm, What does it show when you go to My Computer, do you see both of the device mem drives, or do you just see a pic of a phone?

    I Can't Even See That Its Not Detecting My Phone Nor My Memory Card I Also Hooked My Friends Storm Up To My Comp An Its Working!!

  9. #9
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    So download the file BB storage Activation new.rar. It will be a zip so after the download is complete extract the files.
    There will be three files in the extraction.
    One of these files will be a .bat extension.
    So from this point connect your device to your PC then double click the .bat file and a DOS cmd window will pop up.
    Press any key when prompted to then wait for your device to completely reboot.

    So as your device is rebooting your PC should recognize the device once your splash screen boots on the BB. If it does not simply unplug then plug the BB in again and see if the PC recognizes your device.

    Let me know how it goes.

  10. #10
    Mines_01's Avatar
    Mines_01 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow Mines_01 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    127.0.0.1
    Device
    BlackBerry 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.???
    Posts
    78
    Liked
    0 times
    i have had the same issue, i actually took back a storm because of it... tried two different cables, each on 3 different computers, and on 2 different OS's. tried on Linux and WinXP... NEVER had the problem though before 151 come to think about it.

  11. #11
    man3301's Avatar
    man3301 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow man3301 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    International
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .1015
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    So download the file BB storage Activation new.rar. It will be a zip so after the download is complete extract the files.
    There will be three files in the extraction.
    One of these files will be a .bat extension.
    So from this point connect your device to your PC then double click the .bat file and a DOS cmd window will pop up.
    Press any key when prompted to then wait for your device to completely reboot.

    So as your device is rebooting your PC should recognize the device once your splash screen boots on the BB. If it does not simply unplug then plug the BB in again and see if the PC recognizes your device.

    Let me know how it goes.

    OK Everything went cool i had to DL an run the HAHANEW.exe befor i ran the BAT file cause it wasnt finding it until i did that but thanks

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •