Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times

Hello to everyone

Just wanted to say i haven't been around but one time since 7/09 after my car accident. needless to say it was bad as i am partially paralyzed from the waiste down. but this isnt an attempt at sympathy here, life happens and we make the best of it. In my present state i just don't have the ability to stay in front of the computer for very long at a time, but i need to know the quickest & easiest way to reload voice recording on my storm. I removed it long ago and since my accident have lost much of my short term memory until my brain gets rattled. anyone with basic advice to reawaken my brain would be greatly appreciated. I've missede my BBOS AND KNOW I am far behind in many advances, but one day i will be back at it. Right now i just need my voice recorder for my Dr. visits, so i can remember what im being told. So... thanks for any help and i will be back soon. Respects to all you diehards out there!:hail:

Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Mike I am truly sorry to hear that I wondered where you have been. Glad to see you are keeping a positive attitude :fing02:

Just a couple of questions

what OS are you running on your phone?
    Did you shrink it?
    Also do you still have that copy of the OS on your PC

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Mike, it's nice to hear from you. Your story brought tears to my eyes. Stay strong and positive and never give up!!! We will definitely help you. Don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. Sincerely, Olta.

xonz is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow xonz On Twitter
    PIN
    LOVE
    Device
    OS
    Own Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Never Give Up There are Lot purpose to Live On..

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey man, I don't know you but, I am terribly sorry to hear that about you. I hope all is well with you and that you do get better! If you use DM and have everything installed on your PC then you should be able to reload it through the Desktop Manager. If you have the Media (cd's) that came with your phone then I believe you may be able to find any and everything that comes standard on a device there. Stay strong my man and you are now forever in my prayers

Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Liked
    2 times
    it is def nice to hear from you mike and i am sorry for what you are going through. stay strong and stay positive

Mikenbekah is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    changes daily!
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Laney View Post
    it is def nice to hear from you mike and i am sorry for what you are going through. stay strong and stay positive
    thanks Laney, very sweet of you and i will do just that
    Running .148 v6 .132radio shrunk, Minimal Bold theme, QL 2.09, Slydial, GoogMaps, Meterberry, Visual Arts (Temporarily uninstalled), Shrinkit, Youmail, Trapster, Weatherbug, Tank Ace, ForceRadio, EDL Industries Launcher, Directv Launcher and BofA Launcher

sandman1987 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530/Moto Droid
    OS
    BBC v10
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Sorry to hear about what happened, but glad to see you are staying strong. If you removed it by using shrink-a-os u can use that to put it back. Or you can go to the removed folder in your java folder and cut and paste the necessary .cod's back into the java folder. Good luck with everything. I know that I don't know you but I hope you don't mind if I pray for your continued recovery.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    tough news my man. Be strong....have faith and you will be guided. Glad to have you back.
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

xwera43 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey!
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.xxx
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey there Mike,

Being paralyzed from the chest down & having my left arm amputated at the shoulder from an accident just 19 days after my 20th b-day (and now 40yrs old) I can relate maybe more than most. For me it was like being a baby with a fully functioning brain (ok, some doubt the brain part...) and the process was/IS that of what it takes to continue on in life (assuming that is your choice of course).

I add that last comment because one of my closest friends said that they could not live the way I had to. As odd as it may seem, the fact that ONE person had the guts (there are ladies here, so guts it is) to say that, it was a huge feather in my cap so-to-speak. Absolutely EVERYTHING lifestyle wise had to be relearned from a physical standpoint. Some emotionally too (maybe more than I realize). Out of the many people I had known, no one took my accident as well as I did but this person and I are still close to this day and it feels good to do what seemed like so many wouldn't feel they aren't able to do.

My point is, it's your life and you will have to figure out what works for YOU. Personally, being treated like a baby in the hospital, I wound up leaving AMA (against medical advice) still unable to even lift my head off the bed (couldn't use a pillow yet, too thick for comfort). Example: I told my doctor I was leaving (after speaking it over with my family) and he said "We'll talk to you mother about that." and I replied, "I'm over 18 and am leaving today!" While this was somewhat a mistake as I had to teach myself how to dress myself (including tying my shoes, clipping my fingernails, shaving etc. with one hand) it gave me more drive than I was given from the hospital staff. So if you now need something to help you in your daily life, big deal... someday most people are going to need some sort of help. Don't sweat the small stuff. Good advice given to me... Never put "what if" into your thoughts. If I though what if I fall getting out of my waterbed (another thing the doctor said I'd never sleep in), I'd still be in bed! :24:

Out of everyone I knew/know, only THREE treated & still treat me as though nothing had ever happened (while still being supportive without the form of any sympathy).

Having said all that. The accident was my fault (motorcycle accident... although I held a roadracing competition license & rode well it was the wrong place), my gear, friends, EMS & ER staff (wish I remembered that helicopter ride darn-it!) and A LOT of luck saved me. Another good thing is that I'll no longer dance like this anymore :1244: and I think people appreciate that!

Downside, I can't ride anymore. :17: Any worse yet... I've gone from to :22:!!!

If you ever need someone to talk to, PM me & we'll swap numbers! hone:

I'm not a religious person :no: but I'll be thinking & hoping the best for you. And BTW, it took me almost a year to become even slightly active (I blame that on coming off the motorcycle at about 135mph though). :banghead:

~X