PIN
    3048D6B0
    Device
    OS
    The newest one
    Liked
    0 times

Cannot clear a device database

My sounds database is apparently corrupt. Every backup I do, it fails. No problem I'll just clear the database and start fresh, however, it won't clear.

I go to Backup/Restore>Advanced
    On the right hand side I scroll down to sounds (70 records) and select clear
    Click yes when I get the warning "Are you sure you want to clear?" and it goes through the process then refreshes the database. I scroll down to find Sounds (59 records). Try to backup....fail.

I've attempted to restore various sound databases anywhere from last week all the way back to last April. No luck.

I've lived with the problem over the last 2-3 upgrades (hyb 7.1 > 7.1.4 > 8) but now it's time to resolve it, but I'm out of options.

Any suggestions?

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    If your back up fails, clear your browser cache thru phone and thru DM/advanced (just like you are doing sounds) and try backing up again.

Sounds need to be deleted with either BBFile Scout or File Manager Pro, as they are locked files. Hope this helps.

Give me a minute, and I will post the link to OTA BB File Scout.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times

asnyder is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    3048D6B0
    Device
    OS
    The newest one
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the reply. I finally got it removed and backed up from scratch.

My last backup (today) didn't have the sounds database so I thought I'd try a device level wipe then restore today's backup. It successfully created a new sound database with all my other saved databases.

I like the file scout idea better...but that will have to wait until the next fail.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by asnyder View Post
    Thanks for the reply. I finally got it removed and backed up from scratch.

My last backup (today) didn't have the sounds database so I thought I'd try a device level wipe then restore today's backup. It successfully created a new sound database with all my other saved databases.

I like the file scout idea better...but that will have to wait until the next fail.
    If you don't use the default ringtones, you can just safely delete them with BB File Scout at any time. Also here is a Preloaded Ring tones zip which you can just put on your SD card to save memory