Thread: Storm Theme issue! Everything works except my wallpaper doesnt change

honeykiss is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Storm Theme issue! Everything works except my wallpaper doesnt change

I have a storm 9530 OS 4.7.0.148. i've downloaded 2 themes for my phone and everything works except my wallpaper doesnt change. it looks the same as it did before. the most recent theme was the pinkberry today plus theme from crackberry. i really would like to utilize it however its not coming up. the highlighted icons and fonts change but nothing else. i've made sure that i'm downloading for the OS 4.7 and i've done numerous battery pulls. if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know or if you need me to elaborate i will do so. thanks!!!

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by honeykiss View Post
    I have a storm 9530 OS 4.7.0.148. i've downloaded 2 themes for my phone and everything works except my wallpaper doesnt change. it looks the same as it did before. the most recent theme was the pinkberry today plus theme from crackberry. i really would like to utilize it however its not coming up. the highlighted icons and fonts change but nothing else. i've made sure that i'm downloading for the OS 4.7 and i've done numerous battery pulls. if anyone knows how to fix this please let me know or if you need me to elaborate i will do so. thanks!!!
    Welcome to BBOS!!

In Landscape view, hit the Blackberry Button, and then go to Options. This will give you the option to change your wallpaper.

Let me know how this works out.

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Welcome to BBOS honeykiss. If I understand your question correctly it sounds like you have the verizon wallpaper or another you chose showing up on your new theme and not the wallpaper you saw advertised with the theme? if that is the case you should be able to go to the menu screen, use the blackberry button (BB) from your home screeen, once your there use the same BB button again and choose options then scroll down to the wallpaper and choose Reset/default wallpaper, that should set your theme to the wallpaper the theme builder used. Hope this helps you if not stay tuned we have several theme builders here that will help you out.
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i've tried that but the theme wallpapers arent coming up and also the today plus features arent showing up either.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    Welcome to BBOS honeykiss. If I understand your question correctly it sounds like you have the verizon wallpaper or another you chose showing up on your new theme and not the wallpaper you saw advertised with the theme? if that is the case you should be able to go to the menu screen, use the blackberry button (BB) from your home screeen, once your there use the same BB button again and choose options then scroll down to the wallpaper and choose Reset/default wallpaper, that should set your theme to the wallpaper the theme builder used. Hope this helps you if not stay tuned we have several theme builders here that will help you out.
    tried and the theme wallpapers arent showing up. i dont see an option for a default/reset wallpaper.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    first try the ole battery pull trick

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    tried and the theme wallpapers arent showing up. i dont see an option for a default/reset wallpaper.
    it might be worded differently on OS 148, scroll down the options page, it should start with an option of where to save downloads, then the frong page display 1,2, or 3 rows then should be wallpaper, I think it just says Change which allows you to pick a photo from your phone or SDcard, you might have to go to the last option "reset defaults" near the bottom but this will restore the original locations of the icons as dictated by the theme. If this doesn't work we'll need to get one of the theme builders to chime in since they have a greater knowledge at this than I do. Hope it works though
    When in doubt, pull the battery out!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i just have a reset icon arrangment option besides the other ones you mentioned. but where are the today plus features that shows everything on the home screen? i can almost do without the wallpaper but i want the features of the today plus. i'm pretty sure its in my phone and not the app because no one else seems to be having this issue. so frustrating!!!

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    a lot of themes now use the hidden today function. if there isn't a hiddon icon for messages or calendar on your home screen,move them to the homescreen and touch them. that is when the hidden today objects can be seen.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    a lot of themes now use the hidden today function. if there isn't a hiddon icon for messages or calendar on your home screen,move them to the homescreen and touch them. that is when the hidden today objects can be seen.
    how do i know if there is a hidden icon? where do i look? i'm sorry if i'm being difficult. lol.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    naa your not being difficult. the theme description should tell you if there are hidden buttons on the home screen. typically the calendar button would be the date and the messages would be where the unreads show up.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    naa your not being difficult. the theme description should tell you if there are hidden buttons on the home screen. typically the calendar button would be the date and the messages would be where the unreads show up.
    i think the theme does have hidden icons but i can't find them. everything showed up when i first downloaded it but then it went blank and my wallpaper changed back to default. my homescreen didnt change either when i tried another theme without the hidden icons.

Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    i think the theme does have hidden icons but i can't find them. everything showed up when i first downloaded it but then it went blank and my wallpaper changed back to default. my homescreen didnt change either when i tried another theme without the hidden icons.
    When you go to the Homescreen Preferences, the option screen where you can reset icon arrangement, how many rows does it say your home screen is using?? I believe most themes need to have it set to 2.

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    did you do a battery pull? make sure your not hooked up to your pc via usb. you should be able to find hidden icons by touching around the screen and see if anything shows up or the description pops up on your screen. i'd go back and read the description to the theme again...can you link us to the theme so we can see it and maybe help out more?

Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgawley View Post
    When you go to the Homescreen Preferences, the option screen where you can reset icon arrangement, how many rows does it say your home screen is using?? I believe most themes need to have it set to 2.
    This screen...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Storm Theme issue! Everything works except my wallpaper doesnt change-bbscreenie2009_08_11_17_16_50.jpg  

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgawley View Post
    you are a genius!!!! i did have it set to 1 however when i changed it to 2, like you said, the theme reappeared!!!!!!! thank you soo much!

dandiele is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Liked
    0 times
    I had a theme once that showed one row of icons even though it was set on two rows in options. when i put it on one row in options it messed the whole thing up until i put it back to two rows. maybe try changing that setting.

Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    you are a genius!!!! i did have it set to 1 however when i changed it to 2, like you said, the theme reappeared!!!!!!! thank you soo much!
    Your welcome!! I'm glad I could help!!

If you have anymore issues, we're all here to help each other!!

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks everybody for your help!!! My issue has been fixed and i'm now going to be checking this site for additional info!!!! Again, thanks!