Unable to charge???/
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Unable to charge???/

  1. #1
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times

    Unable to charge???/

    :aargh4:I have this replacement phone that i recieved on Friday and decided to hook it up and send back the defective one today. The whole time since Friday the replacement has just been charging batteries for me. Monday afternoon i put V8 on it and shrunk it. Phone was working fine and i believe it would charge from the wall charger at home but now i'm at work. USB into the phone and i get the lightning bolt but the battery never moves past 5%. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do i need to just call BIG RED and tell them i need another phone once again?:aargh4:




  2. #2
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    :aargh4:I have this replacement phone that i recieved on Friday and decided to hook it up and send back the defective one today. The whole time since Friday the replacement has just been charging batteries for me. Monday afternoon i put V8 on it and shrunk it. Phone was working fine and i believe it would charge from the wall charger at home but now i'm at work. USB into the phone and i get the lightning bolt but the battery never moves past 5%. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or do i need to just call BIG RED and tell them i need another phone once again?:aargh4:

    If you said it charged at home, then it might be the cable you are using at work possibly do you have another one you can use to test it or anything ?

  3. #3
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    If you said it charged at home, then it might be the cable you are using at work possibly do you have another one you can use to test it or anything ?

    i'm about to go hook it up in my car and find out if that charger works

  4. #4
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    still doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  5. #5
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    still doesn't work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    It could be a display issues with V8 maybe ? I'm not sure if it was charging before V8 only thing i could suggest is downgrade and see if it works?

  6. #6
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It could be a display issues with V8 maybe ? I'm not sure if it was charging before V8 only thing i could suggest is downgrade and see if it works?

    it went from 5% to 0% now while it was hooked up to the charger. I have more than a couple batteries so when i get home i will switch the battery. because there is no way that both my usb and car charger went bad at the same time.

  7. #7
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    it went from 5% to 0% now while it was hooked up to the charger. I have more than a couple batteries so when i get home i will switch the battery. because there is no way that both my usb and car charger went bad at the same time.

    Nope either it's a error with V8 which I doubt! Or it's the phone. . .

  8. #8
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    upon further investigation i realized my car charger does work. so i will be swapping this usb out for one of the others at the house. Thanks for participating in my trial and error Kris

  9. #9
    jasonfyc's Avatar
    jasonfyc is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Walla Walla Wa
    PIN
    ned her ag
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    8959765.655we80.754.
    Posts
    1,290
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Hey watkins! Sounds like you got my phone I turned into big red, for the same problems.... Hehehehe!

  10. #10
    watkins's Avatar
    watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    VA Beach
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Posts
    735
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonfyc View Post
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

    Hey watkins! Sounds like you got my phone I turned into big red, for the same problems.... Hehehehe!

    :haha:too funny:haha:

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •