Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/

Themes and 5.0.0.140

Now that everyone has had a while to play around with 5.0 for the Storm, I was wondering whether anyone has been able to get audible alerts while using a 3rd party theme. I am talking about alerts for SMS/Emails. I have tried all of the obvious ideas so curious as to whether anyone found a workaround for this. If you have would love to hear as well as what theme you got it to work with.

sbain1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow sbain1 On Twitter
    PIN
    306E23D1
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Now that everyone has had a while to play around with 5.0 for the Storm, I was wondering whether anyone has been able to get audible alerts while using a 3rd party theme. I am talking about alerts for SMS/Emails. I have tried all of the obvious ideas so curious as to whether anyone found a workaround for this. If you have would love to hear as well as what theme you got it to work with.
    I don't have anywhere near the skill you guys do, so I am hoping for an answer as well.

My workaround is BerryBuzz. It gives different colored flash for each alert and you can set it not to shut off so you don't miss it.

For some reason, BlackBerry Messenger (5.0.0.8) audible notification works.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by sbain1 View Post
    I don't have anywhere near the skill you guys do, so I am hoping for an answer as well.

My workaround is BerryBuzz. It gives different colored flash for each alert and you can set it not to shut off so you don't miss it.

For some reason, BlackBerry Messenger (5.0.0.8) audible notification works.
    Berry Buzz is insufficient for me as many times I have my phone in my pocket so a flashing light does not work for me.

BBM also gives me an audible notification but not sms/email. I have tried changing the profile to loud then changing every setting to match it but that has not worked. I have tried a number of other things as well so my guess is that plazmic is just not compatible with 5.0

But you never know, maybe someone got lucky and found a way to get it to work.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    a possible work around for you j would be bbalerts. it should still work on the custom themes if you set it to "audible alert". the only problem is that you would get the tone 1 minute after you receive the sms/email. i have not tried this with custom themes but i believe it would work. bbalerts has a free trial so if this is an acceptable workaround,give it a whirl...

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    a possible work around for you j would be bbalerts. it should still work on the custom themes if you set it to "audible alert". the only problem is that you would get the tone 1 minute after you receive the sms/email. i have not tried this with custom themes but i believe it would work. bbalerts has a free trial so if this is an acceptable workaround,give it a whirl...
    Thanks, will give it a shot.

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    I don't know exactly how it happened, but I have a theme giving alerts!!! Vistacomplete by KD, first time I tried 5.0 it didn't work so I tried another theme and still a no go as everyone was starting to comment on. Switched to OOAK, then Lyric then BBC V8. Found my theme at time was leaking a little bit so I went back to Vistacomplete on V8 and battery and memory fixed. Today I decide to try 5.0 again with only the Zen theme installed, played around for a while then decide for stinks and giggles to download vistacomplete again and send an email and low and behold 2 vibrations in the leather holster then my ringtone sounded (Jack Bauer CTU) has worked on 2 email accounts and BBM 5.0. The only thing I know for certain is different now versus before is I deleted Meterberry, shouldn't have anything to do with it but it's the only concrete change I can think of since I have done too many things to figure out which one did it. Ask any questions regarding set up, etc. and I'll try to help

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    I don't know exactly how it happened, but I have a theme giving alerts!!! Vistacomplete by KD, first time I tried 5.0 it didn't work so I tried another theme and still a no go as everyone was starting to comment on. Switched to OOAK, then Lyric then BBC V8. Found my theme at time was leaking a little bit so I went back to Vistacomplete on V8 and battery and memory fixed. Today I decide to try 5.0 again with only the Zen theme installed, played around for a while then decide for stinks and giggles to download vistacomplete again and send an email and low and behold 2 vibrations in the leather holster then my ringtone sounded (Jack Bauer CTU) has worked on 2 email accounts and BBM 5.0. The only thing I know for certain is different now versus before is I deleted Meterberry, shouldn't have anything to do with it but it's the only concrete change I can think of since I have done too many things to figure out which one did it. Ask any questions regarding set up, etc. and I'll try to help
    as weird as it sounds...sometimes they work to start with then stop working later.hope yours keeps working...

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    as weird as it sounds...sometimes they work to start with then stop working later.hope yours keeps working...
    I hope so too, first time I installed it nothing worked at anytime and I tried 3 different themes, even the zen seem to be a hit and miss now and then. Might just be pure luck that's for sure.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast