PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    i don't remember having any problems at all with alerts when i had 5.0 loaded on my phone.

catstide is offline BlackBerryOS Fanatic
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by watkins View Post
    i don't remember having any problems at all with alerts when i had 5.0 loaded on my phone.
    if you ran a custom theme...you did

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by catstide View Post
    if you ran a custom theme...you did
    How is fix working for you?

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times

It works!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I give most credit for Catstide for this but finally believe we have a workaround for themes on OS 5.0 and audible alerts particularly email/sms.

First thing, if you have it installed, is delete BerryBuzz off you phone. Then install BB Alerts from here: http://www.bbymelsoftware.com/downlo...erryAlerts.jad

Once installed go to options, for audio type set it to Audio. Alert frequency, 1 minute. Then check all the items you want an audible alert for.

The audible alert will go of every minute until you check that message. Anyway, hope that helps some having issues with the audible alerts.
    I am running Natemz BBOS Pro theme on 5.0, but I was not receiving any alerts. I just loaded BBAlerts and now I am receiving my alerts.

Thanks jlevy and Catside!!!

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    I am running Natemz BBOS Pro theme on 5.0, but I was not receiving any alerts. I just loaded BBAlerts and now I am receiving my alerts.

Thanks jlevy and Catside!!!
    Good to hear. Still working for me as well. Cat??

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Good to hear. Still working for me as well. Cat??
    i already dumped it...i was getting the weird sms issues where when you send a sms you have to discard the message to get back out of the app. i still have it loaded on my phone so i may play around with it some more today. yall keep us posted today whether they are still working or not. in the past they have stopped working after a while.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    i already dumped it...i was getting the weird sms issues where when you send a sms you have to discard the message to get back out of the app. i still have it loaded on my phone so i may play around with it some more today. yall keep us posted today whether they are still working or not. in the past they have stopped working after a while.
    Guys keep in mind that Plazmic only allows us to export 4.7 themes. There isn't much theme developers can do until Plazmic supports 5.0. When we export the dialog box specifically says OS 4.7 :17:

That's the main reason I have stayed away from 5.0. Too many incompatibilities. And of course I can't go without my themes

Another issue I noticed with my themes in 5.0 is that when I tap a tab it doesn't stay highlighted like it does on 4.7. So my Blak themes are recommended for 4.7 only
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Natemz
    Guys keep in mind that Plazmic only allows us to export 4.7 themes. There isn't much theme developers can do until Plazmic supports 5.0. When we export the dialog box specifically says OS 4.7 :17:

That's the main reason I have stayed away from 5.0. Too many incompatibilities. And of course I can't go without my themes

Another issue I noticed with my themes in 5.0 is that when I tap a tab it doesn't stay highlighted like it does on 4.7. So my Blak themes are recommended for 4.7 only
    Yeah I'm well aware of that nate. I can't give up my 5.0os and I do love themes. That's why I'm trying to find a work around. Great theme!
    :1244:
    lighten up....life's too short!

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post

I agree that there are some issues but the possiblities with 5.0 look good. The stock theme comes with hidden hotspots now and even has hotspots in the applications menu. Now that is hot.

Natemz is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard Follow Natemz On Twitter
    PIN
    DROOOOIIII
    Device
    Droid X
    Liked
    19 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    I agree that there are some issues but the possiblities with 5.0 look good. The stock theme comes with hidden hotspots now and even has hotspots in the applications menu. Now that is hot.
    Yeah it's funny that all the theme developers started adding hot spots and now RIM is doing the same.:cool2:
    Droooooiiiiiid!
    Follow me @Natemz

cicciav is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow cicciav On Twitter
    PIN
    305D8B07
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So far so good. Got it going with default Zen, then switched to Gantberry. Hope it holds up!

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Liked
    1 times
    Yeah it's funny that all the theme developers started adding hot spots and now RIM is doing the same.:cool2:
    Nate, with rim often it seems that the tail wags the dog. But we don't mind. I just want to add hotspots in the applications and other menus.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times

Nate I am on day 2 of your amazing theme (the icons are almost 3-D like) and the audible alerts with bb alerts is still going strong. No phantom messages or anything. I think Nate is working with the new plazmic :hail:

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Now if they add a hidden today....that would be hottest of hot

bbprintz215 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow bbprintz215 On Twitter
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    So your audible notifications for BBM are not working? Which theme are you using?
    Now i am using Natemz Blak theme and I have not noticed if the audible alerts are working because since I installed it earlier I have had it on vibrate bc I have been at work... but I know the audible alert for my BBM hasn't worked since I installed 5.0.0.140

PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    Now i am using Natemz Blak theme and I have not noticed if the audible alerts are working because since I installed it earlier I have had it on vibrate bc I have been at work... but I know the audible alert for my BBM hasn't worked since I installed 5.0.0.140
    hmm.... bbm alerts are the only audible(other than phone) that i have gotten consistently with 5.0. are you using 5.0BBM or 4.7?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12