Thread: BBC v8 Vs. Leaked 5.0 Mega?

iJax is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

BBC v8 Vs. Leaked 5.0 Mega?

Just curious the Plus and Minuses That aren't obvious of running the hybrid against running 5.0? Is it worth Down grading? if the apps you use work is it worth downgrading? The speed difference? Answer away....

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

V8 doesn't have tabbed browsing. The only suggestion I would say is to try v8 for a week and if you don't like it, then go back to 5.0.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

There are many people that are having issues with 5.0 so for them v8 is the way to go as its really close to what 5.0 is but with many bugs eliminated. I am running 5.0 and so far its been the best experience for me so I am staying where I am at. If my 5.0 starts acting out, I have the v8 to go to. Its your personal preference on what you would like to do. You can always try it out and then go back to 5.0 or just stay where you are at unless issues arise.

iJax is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Thank you guys! I am running 5.0 as well. I went back to it and so far I agree Olta! Did you gut myspace and or facebook working on it?? if so, how?

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by iJax
    Thank you guys! I am running 5.0 as well. I went back to it and so far I agree Olta! Did you gut myspace and or facebook working on it?? if so, how?
    As far as those apps (myspace and FB), I don't use them so wouldn't be your best resource, but from what I hear is they don't play nice with 5.0. Let's hear from people that actually use them.

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by iJax View Post
    I'm glad to hear 5.0 is working out for you. I tried 5.0 for a couple of days but it was a complete disaster on my device. There were too many bugs and it didn't play nice on the Telus network. But I do really enjoy BBC v8.

mindy is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Torch
    OS
    Liked
    1 times

Totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

There are many people that are having issues with 5.0 so for them v8 is the way to go as its really close to what 5.0 is but with many bugs eliminated. I am running 5.0 and so far its been the best experience for me so I am staying where I am at. If my 5.0 starts acting out, I have the v8 to go to. Its your personal preference on what you would like to do. You can always try it out and then go back to 5.0 or just stay where you are at unless issues arise.
    Hi I agree totally with you. I am happy with 5.0 too.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Agreed. V8 is the closest thing to 5.0 without the bugs. Try v8 out...you will love it!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    5.0 is a great glimpse into where RIM is taking the OS. It has some very nice features on it, for example, web browsing on it is crazy face and renders images much quicker than anything 4.7 can do. I also found the radio code from 5.0 to be superior from a clarity and reception point of view. A big con for me is themes do not play nice with 5.0. There are also some apps that are not compatible. In addition 5.0 reboots on me once a day but typically when I am asleep. So I am still using 5.0. But for someone looking for overall stability and a great OS that works with everything V8 is the way to go. Just my two cents

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    5.0 is a great glimpse into where RIM is taking the OS. It has some very nice features on it, for example, web browsing on it is crazy face and renders images much quicker than anything 4.7 can do. I also found the radio code from 5.0 to be superior from a clarity and reception point of view. A big con for me is themes do not play nice with 5.0. There are also some apps that are not compatible. In addition 5.0 reboots on me once a day but typically when I am asleep. So I am still using 5.0. But for someone looking for overall stability and a great OS that works with everything V8 is the way to go. Just my two cents
    +1!!!

The radio of 5.0 beat all previous ones for me! I don't get dropped signal or dropped calls. 1XEV steady...I am more than pleased!!! As far as themes, the only glitch for me on them is the notifications. Right now I am back to Fresh by Brandon and it's one of the best themes I have ran on 5.0!!! :cool2::arms:

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    +1!!!

The radio of 5.0 beat all previous ones for me! I don't get dropped signal or dropped calls. 1XEV steady...I am more than pleased!!! As far as themes, the only glitch for me on them is the notifications. Right now I am back to Fresh by Brandon and it's one of the best themes I have ran on 5.0!!! :cool2::arms:
    With Brandon's theme are you getting audible notifications or no?

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    With Brandon's theme are you getting audible notifications or no?
    J, just for you, I am testing them out right now

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    J, just for you, I am testing them out right now
    Thanks

BRKDR08 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    ASK ME!
    Device
    9530/9550
    OS
    5.0.0.328/5.0.0.428
    Liked
    0 times
    5.0 radio was def bad ass but v8 works almost flawlessly for me

rsmiff is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow rsmiff On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    5.0 works great for me. FB does not work but you can go to m.facebook.com in the browser, which is tabbed and fast. I showed it to my buddy the other day and he said "where is it, I want it, put it on my phone now!" and that was just seeing the transitions. Sometimes the SMS sound does not play but I am on my phone often enough to where I see them anyway. Google maps initially gave me a hassle by always showing the keyboard but you can get rid of that by disabling compatibility mode in the options. Ubertwitter is the bomb!! No themes is a bummer too...espcially since I've created a few...but oh well. It's a game of give and take.
    Last edited by rsmiff; 08-10-2009 at 05:18 PM.

medic0906 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    311FA49B
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428 hybrid (428/442/451)
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)

I'd like to add my +1 for 5.0. I ran it sense it leaked and loved it. Started having my once a day reboots as well so I tried v8. BBC's hybrids have always been nothing short of terrific on my storm but after trying 5.0 its was hard to give 5.0 up. So I did go back to 5.0 but with fewer needless apps. Never ran any themes so no prob there especially sence 5.0 offers hidden clock, connection etc buttons. My home screen's pretty thined out as well. I run QL, and have loved that functionality. Currently I'm running QL, pageonce, smrt guard, opera mini, ubertwitter, poynt, yahtzee, air traffic control, & you tube. Its been about a week and no reboots so I'm pretty pleased.

Between lou's suggestion of giving QP up (don't need it, reset button available in QL) & olta's suggestion of keeping browser cache clean, 5.0 has been flawless. (knock on wood)

Apps: eGPS, Quick Pull Pro, Pageonce, Poynt, BBM.57, Ubertwitter, Quick Launch, addonis, Bing, Opera Mini, Score Mobile, Scanner Radio, SmartSig, Mobile Launcher, BerryJoose, You tube, alert, Viigo, BB App World

"Slow is smooth, Smooth is fast"

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks
    They don't work :17: :17: :17: :17: :17:
    ...but it doesnt bother me as I have them silenced anyway or I would go :crazy: mfg: if they all keep going off

EDIT: Sound notifications work on BBM!!! :banana:
    Last edited by olta777; 08-10-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Bxrider117 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    I have jumped back and forth from OOAK's hybrid to 5.0 to BBC's V8 and now back to 5.0. I just can not help my attraction to 5.0. It does not give my phone any problems except when I go over board with loading apps, my battery will lose 10% per hour. I am currently deleting youtube right now.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    J, here is another wise advise I got from my good friend:

"Audible notifications belong to the OS not to the theme. what you need to do is set them through the normal profile. For those using BBuzz or any third party app that over writes the profiles, need to set the LED color or pop up via app bu the sound via native profile."

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    J, here is another wise advise I got from my good friend:

"Audible notifications belong to the OS not to the theme. what you need to do is set them through the normal profile. For those using BBuzz or any third party app that over writes the profiles, need to set the LED color or pop up via app bu the sound via native profile."

Michael gave me that suggestion as well and no go :17:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast