Is there a way to disable the screen lock key?

Thread: Is there a way to disable the screen lock key?

Myronbg is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    PIN
    306E2428
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .148 v7
    Liked
    2 times

Is there a way to disable the screen lock key?

When I holster the Storm I frequently touch the lock key and then need to unlock. I don't need/want this "feature" although I know it's needed for many users.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Myronbg View Post
    When I holster the Storm I frequently touch the lock key and then need to unlock. I don't need/want this "feature" although I know it's needed for many users.
    Are you talking about the hard button on the top of the phone?

PIN
    306E2428
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .148 v7
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Are you talking about the hard button on the top of the phone?
    Yep

Liked
    7 times
    I am not aware of anyway to disable that button? Something could have come up since I got rid of mine.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I am not aware of anyway to disable that button? Something could have come up since I got rid of mine.
    You are right, Bryan....unfortunately, there is no way to disable the lock key.

blachance75 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow blachance75 On Twitter
    PIN
    311F860E
    Device
    Storm 9550
    Liked
    0 times
    I have the same issue. I probably lock the phone 1/2 the time. However I wouldn't disable mine because I don't always use the holster and when I put the phone in my pocket I do like to lock it so I don't do the pocket dial.

Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    You are right, Bryan....unfortunately, there is no way to disable the lock key.
    Thanks for the confirmation Olta I wasn't sure if something had come up since I sold mine

PIN
    306E2428
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .148 v7
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that a similar option would be "doable" similar the way that the side buttons can be disabled/reassigned.

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that a similar option would be "doable" similar the way that the side buttons can be disabled/reassigned.
    Have you tried StormSlider?? It's like the iPhone's Slide to Unlock feature. Whenever your screen dims, it activates and locks the screen. If you lock your phone with the button on top, StormSlider deactivates the lock and activates the StormSlider. I like it and works pretty good.

Here's the link if you want to try it.... StormSlider Blackberry Storm App | StormGrounds.com

PIN
    306E2428
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .148 v7
    Liked
    2 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mgawley View Post
    Have you tried StormSlider?? It's like the iPhone's Slide to Unlock feature. Whenever your screen dims, it activates and locks the screen. If you lock your phone with the button on top, StormSlider deactivates the lock and activates the StormSlider. I like it and works pretty good.

Here's the link if you want to try it.... StormSlider Blackberry Storm App | StormGrounds.com
    Nope. Unless I misunderstand the function of the app it sounds like it's the opposite of what I want. I don't want the screen locked .[period] which requires an additional step to stop/pause/answer/whatever to unlock and then do what I want to do.

mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by Myronbg
    Quote Originally Posted by mgawley View Post

Nope. Unless I misunderstand the function of the app it sounds like it's the opposite of what I want. I don't want the screen locked .[period] which requires an additional step to stop/pause/answer/whatever to unlock and then do what I want to do.
    Sorry, I must have misunderstood you. If I hear of way to disable the lock key, I'll let you know.