Drop Calls
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Drop Calls

  1. #1
    jmax25's Avatar
    jmax25 is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    .75
    Posts
    2
    Liked
    0 times

    Drop Calls

    Hey,
    Have had the storm (unlocked, AT&T) now for 2 weeks and have not been able to maintain a phone call beyond three mins. without a drop call. bummer!! I really like this phone and its features but first and foremost it is a phone. I have to be constantly switching the sim card back to my 8310 which has no signal problems. With that said, couple of questions:

    1) Might there be a fix for this considering that I cannot call AT&T to complain or return the phone, not that I want to?

    2) Would be nice to have the comma on the main keyboard screen, will this be possible? Having 2 symbols and shift keys is a waste of valuable key space.

    3) Is it possible to remove the VerizonWireless start up, shut down and home screen permanently and change it to something else or nothing at all?

    4) Is it possible to have 2 carriers on the phone simultaneously, i.e. AT&T and Sprint? Thinking it might be a work around for the spotty AT&T service.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Love my Storm and it's possibilities.
    4.07.114




  2. #2
    Neolantis's Avatar
    Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    2,578
    Liked
    187 times
    Regarding the sim card, i pulled mine out because i don't go overseas. Don't know for sure, but I think everyone can run it without the sim as long as your in the states.

    To get the comma moved would have to come from rim writing it in that way.

    Changing the home screen to something else or nothing at all would have to come out of a theme...you could find one or make one yourself with Plazmic

    No you can not have two carriers on the same phone.

    Hope that helps, even though it's not all good news.
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

  3. #3
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jmax25 View Post
    Hey,
    Have had the storm (unlocked, AT&T) now for 2 weeks and have not been able to maintain a phone call beyond three mins. without a drop call. bummer!! I really like this phone and its features but first and foremost it is a phone. I have to be constantly switching the sim card back to my 8310 which has no signal problems. With that said, couple of questions:

    1) Might there be a fix for this considering that I cannot call AT&T to complain or return the phone, not that I want to?

    2) Would be nice to have the comma on the main keyboard screen, will this be possible? Having 2 symbols and shift keys is a waste of valuable key space.

    3) Is it possible to remove the VerizonWireless start up, shut down and home screen permanently and change it to something else or nothing at all?

    4) Is it possible to have 2 carriers on the phone simultaneously, i.e. AT&T and Sprint? Thinking it might be a work around for the spotty AT&T service.

    Any help would be appreciated.
    Love my Storm and it's possibilities.
    4.07.114
    1) im not to sure, i use verizon, hopefully someone else can help with that

    2) like neo said, youd have to wait for an update and hope

    3) vzw start up and shut down screen im not to sure. for the home screen, when your in the app menu press the bb button and click options and you will se an option to change homescreen.

    4) and no you cant have 2 at the same time from what i have read

  4. #4
    Drukan's Avatar
    Drukan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    PHX , AZ
    Device
    9530
    OS
    5.0.0.323
    Posts
    288
    Liked
    0 times
    Answers and things to try?!?

    1) when was the last time u did *228, try updating your "roaming capabilities" this actually jus lets your phone access new towers or updates to the "system"
    I see your still on .75, good radio file.. but have you tried the newest n greatest OS ugrades... BBcrackman has an amazing hybrid out that may fix this.( newer radio file)

    2)unless you know how to rewrite the code , this is all RIM.

    3) the start up and shutdown screens are firmware locked. you cannot change them without flashing the firmware, which is not available that i know of.

    4)one phone.... one carrier!
    Last edited by Drukan; 03-23-2009 at 04:07 PM.

  5. #5
    blindman4556's Avatar
    blindman4556 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    PIN
    ask
    Device
    9530/9000/8900
    Posts
    384
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Drukan View Post
    Answers and things to try?!?

    1) when was the last time u did *228, try updating your "roaming capabilities" this actually jus lets your phone access new towers or updates to the "system"
    I see your still on .75, good radio file.. but have you tried the newest n greatest OS ugrades... BBcrackman has an amazing hybrid out that may fix this.( newer radio file)

    2)unless you know how to rewrite the code , this is all RIM.

    3) the start up and shutdown screens are firmware locked. you cannot change them without flashing the firmware, which is not available that i know of.

    4)one phone.... one carrier!
    isnt *228 verizon? or does at&t the same

  6. #6
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    isnt *228 verizon? or does at&t the same
    yea that's verizon it wont work for ATT

  7. #7
    Kris's Avatar
    Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Atwater, California,
    Posts
    1,507
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by blindman4556 View Post
    3) vzw start up and shut down screen im not to sure.
    The start up screen isn't in the software it's built into the phone if i remember right shane said something about this on another thread here.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •