Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

twizt_0_Fate is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    PIN
    30efbc59
    Device
    Blackberry Tour
    OS

Smile Storm on .148 slow...how to do only BBM back up?

I have a Blackberry storm currently running v4.7.0.148 (platform 4.0.0.181) and it seems to be moving slow. It takes about 5-10 seconds to come out of hybranation mode and same for switching from side view to normal. I was looking to do a backup and restore on the device but was wondering if there was a way to "ONLY" back up the Blackberry Messanger Contacts and thats it. If not is there any suggestions or new software that would make the phone better?

Thanks
    Nick

Storm5150 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted Follow Storm5150 On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    Welcome to BBOS Nick. The sluggishness you describe can be a few different things. First how long have you had your storm? Also the number of applications you have and which ones could cause this. Removing the battery and reinstalling will regain memory which is probably the problem.

As far as the backup, I always back everything up, it doesn't take up much space and only takes a few minutes. The backup with also remember where you have your icons assuming you moved some to an order you preferred.

Well this is a start, keep us informed. There is always someone around to help

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    Welcome to BBOS Nick. The sluggishness you describe can be a few different things. First how long have you had your storm? Also the number of applications you have and which ones could cause this. Removing the battery and reinstalling will regain memory which is probably the problem.

As far as the backup, I always back everything up, it doesn't take up much space and only takes a few minutes. The backup with also remember where you have your icons assuming you moved some to an order you preferred.

Well this is a start, keep us informed. There is always someone around to help

Thanks storm..very informative

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm5150 View Post
    I agree. It's always better to do a complete backup. And to add to that, it is possible to restore just your BBM contacts. But having a complete backup doesn't hurt.

PIN
    30efbc59
    Device
    Blackberry Tour
    OS
    I have had my storm since they came out and have been updating the software as needed. I only use the facebook application. As far as the back up i have everything synced to my PC i just dont want whatever setting in my phone to come back if i back up the entire thing. The only thing i need is my BB messanger contacts because i have so many and to go through each one and send a new accept me message is alot of work. Ive tryed the battery pull but does not seem to do much

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by twizt_0_Fate View Post
    I have had my storm since they came out and have been updating the software as needed. I only use the facebook application. As far as the back up i have everything synced to my PC i just dont want whatever setting in my phone to come back if i back up the entire thing. The only thing i need is my BB messanger contacts because i have so many and to go through each one and send a new accept me message is alot of work. Ive tryed the battery pull but does not seem to do much
    Just thought I would show you this video. If you are ever concerned about 3rd party application back up this video is a great way to show you how.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...how-video.html

and Welcome to Blackberry OS! Any questions please feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Seanren78; 08-03-2009 at 06:06 PM.

PIN
    30efbc59
    Device
    Blackberry Tour
    OS
    Is there any new OS i should try that would be better than what i currently have?

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Last edited by Seanren78; 08-03-2009 at 06:20 PM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast