Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

enVmyIX is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Message alerts vibrating twice on .151 -HELP

sorry if this has been posted and answered already but ever since i upgrated to .151 (or even maybe .148) my alert notifications for bbm, e-mail, and sms vibrate twice instead of vibrating once like they used to. I am very annoyed by this and cant figure out a way to change it. your help is greatly appreciated!

sunkast Guest
    Welcome to BlackberryOS. I don't know for certain if this was reported elsewhere, but let me take a look around and see what I can come up with. I know a lot of things were changed in .151.

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    I found this to be the case as well. It tripped me out because my phone used to only vibrate more than once when I had a call coming in, now I have to judge whether it will be a call by the length of the vibration. I'm not sure if it is a .151 thing since I haven't heard much about this. Maybe it is a hybrid thing? I use Lyricdal's Beta 6v5 currently.

sunkast Guest
    I've done some searching and I believe I have a solution for your. The default in .151 for vibration is set to 2. This can be changed in two ways.

1st way:
    Go to profiles, and edit your profiles. Choose the profile you have in use. Then open messages, and set the vibrate to once.

2nd way:

Go to: Messages > Menu > Message Alerts.

Change the vibration profile and select to custom...

You'll need to configure each application such as phone, bbm, email, how you want it.
    Last edited by sunkast; 08-03-2009 at 04:34 PM.

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Thanks for the info. It is a pain to go through and change each one, but it did the trick.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by SJSU159120 View Post
    I found this to be the case as well. It tripped me out because my phone used to only vibrate more than once when I had a call coming in, now I have to judge whether it will be a call by the length of the vibration. I'm not sure if it is a .151 thing since I haven't heard much about this. Maybe it is a hybrid thing? I use Lyricdal's Beta 6v5 currently.
    Same thing I was going through!!!!

Sunkast - Thanks for the info!! I was going nuts over this, I didnt know that choosing custom on the vibration menu would let you set the amount of vibrates

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by enVmyIX View Post
    Same thing I was going through!!!!

Sunkast - Thanks for the info!! I was going nuts over this, I didnt know that choosing custom on the vibration menu would let you set the amount of vibrates
    If you need help with anything else, just let us know.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    ok, so I am still kinda stuck on this because the process listed above did not fix the double vibrations for my "vibrate only" profile, it only fixed it for the "normal" profile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast