I get error backing up device--Help
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: I get error backing up device--Help

  1. #1
    Tyler1077 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tyler1077 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times

    I get error backing up device--Help

    Why would I keep getting an error trying to back up my BB? It will get half way to the input key .... and it shoots an error message. First time I have had this problem. I am running the DM 5.0. Trying to load a new OS, last OS has killed my battery for some reason.




  2. #2
    jnepsa's Avatar
    jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Why would I keep getting an error trying to back up my BB? It will get half way to the input key .... and it shoots an error message. First time I have had this problem. I am running the DM 5.0. Trying to load a new OS, last OS has killed my battery for some reason.
    have you tried clearing the browser cache on your phone and pc?

  3. #3
    Tyler1077 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tyler1077 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    have you tried clearing the browser cache on your phone and pc?

    Okay, still got hung on input method.

  4. #4
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Okay, still got hung on input method.
    Hello Tyler and Welcome to BBOS.

    Did you try the method referencing the advanced backup tab. Once you select advanced backup your PC will begin to populate the information that is on you device. Once completed, your data will be displayed on the left side of the screenshot in the Device Database List. If you click once on the first piece of data that is list then hold down your shift key and arrow down. I would suggest selecting 5 pieces of data at a time. Now you can move this data over by selecting the arrows in the center between the two viewing panes. At this point you should have the select data in the viewing panel described as Computer database. Above this panel, select File. You will get a drop down list to choose from. Select open for a previously saved file or select save and your PC should open a window in My Documents. Once you select save your PC will transfer a copy or backup. Once this is done, continue to go down the Device database list and gather the next group of five pieces of data to be saved. Eventually you will find the string of data that is giving you the unknown error. Once you find it, either clear it with the clear tab or just skip over it.

  5. #5
    Tyler1077 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tyler1077 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    Hello Tyler and Welcome to BBOS.

    Did you try the method referencing the advanced backup tab. Once you select advanced backup your PC will begin to populate the information that is on you device. Once completed, your data will be displayed on the left side of the screenshot in the Device Database List. If you click once on the first piece of data that is list then hold down your shift key and arrow down. I would suggest selecting 5 pieces of data at a time. Now you can move this data over by selecting the arrows in the center between the two viewing panes. At this point you should have the select data in the viewing panel described as Computer database. Above this panel, select File. You will get a drop down list to choose from. Select open for a previously saved file or select save and your PC should open a window in My Documents. Once you select save your PC will transfer a copy or backup. Once this is done, continue to go down the Device database list and gather the next group of five pieces of data to be saved. Eventually you will find the string of data that is giving you the unknown error. Once you find it, either clear it with the clear tab or just skip over it.

    Okay, I may have solved it. I uninstalled DM and restarted phone and PC then reinstalled and it seems to be working fine. Thank you tho. I am going to save this thread.

  6. #6
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Okay, I may have solved it. I uninstalled DM and restarted phone and PC then reinstalled and it seems to be working fine. Thank you tho. I am going to save this thread.

    You are Welcome Tyler...Glad to see you have solved your issue. Cya around the forum...

  7. #7
    Tyler1077 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow Tyler1077 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    Posts
    17
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by MePascal View Post
    You are Welcome Tyler...Glad to see you have solved your issue. Cya around the forum...

    and this is why I changed forums! Nice people that are glad to go out of their way to help on minor issues.

  8. #8
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    and this is why I changed forums! Nice people that are glad to go out of their way to help on minor issues.
    Good to Hear Tyler! Welcome to Blackberry OS!!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  9. #9
    tank244's Avatar
    tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Posts
    229
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler1077 View Post
    Why would I keep getting an error trying to back up my BB? It will get half way to the input key .... and it shoots an error message. First time I have had this problem. I am running the DM 5.0. Trying to load a new OS, last OS has killed my battery for some reason.
    Yeah, this happened to me once ---- I just cleared browser cache on Storm and I was good to go . :haha:

  10. #10
    joe11's Avatar
    joe11 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    venezuela
    Device
    onyx
    OS
    .423
    Posts
    219
    Liked
    0 times
    i solved that problem by deleting all the messages from my phone, hope that helps also

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •