Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Unfortunately this is a known problem. Some of the later SFI's don't hold EDGE well. So far the best SFI's for EDGE are .90 and .75.
    Question, what do you have for TCP settings, and what are the settings in mobile network options?

Here are mine settings:
    TCP: blackberry.net

Mobile Network Options:
    Network Selection Mode: Automatic
    Network Technology: GSM/UMTS
    Network Mode: 2G

What I found after you make those changes, turn off the radio, wait until the antenna says off, then turn back on the radio.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post
    Question, what do you have for TCP settings, and what are the settings in mobile network options?

Here are mine settings:

Mobile Network Options:

What I found after you make those changes, turn off the radio, wait until the antenna says off, then turn back on the radio.
    I was trying to help out a member. My phone is on the vzw network so this info for me at least is not applicable. But thanks, I am sure it will help out other GSM users.

PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow View Post

Here are mine settings:

Mobile Network Options:

I have nothing in TCP -- no APN settings at all -- not needed with T-Mobile -- but not sure what you have --- and I use the same Mobile Network Options

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Thanks for the great advice.
    BUT
    I will have to disagree that RIM needs to "Step there game up." Since you had to unlock your phone to work on the TMo network, and it was never intended to work on TMO or ATT, that is the chance you take when using the Storm on those networks. Trust me it pains me to defend RIM when it concers the Storm but I must here.
    I unlocked my storm and used it just fine in Mexico, using a SIM card, of course I didn't use data but it worked just like advertised.

Just a lil friendly discourse :laugh2::laugh2:
    I was def Mr Bitterman when writing that post! :laugh2: haha

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by bbcrackman View Post
    That is 100% accurate. It will not work outside of 140. It will put your device in a never ending reboot and only give you about a 2 second window to connect and wipe. Took me an hour to undo....
    Indeed, ----- that sux :17:

Device
    Z10
    OS
    151 has a very strong signal for me but it flips out occasionally. Just turning off and on the radio gets it back though so its not a major issue. 148 held the signal (or said it did) for longer but web apps & browser performance is noticeably better on 151.

I only get GPRS so I rather the strong signal despite the occasional drop outs (like once a day).

I'm currently using full 151 OS. I was using BBC v7 before.

PIN
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by wbeckle
    151 has a very strong signal for me but it flips out occasionally. Just turning off and on the radio gets it back though so its not a major issue. 148 held the signal (or said it did) for longer but web apps & browser performance is noticeably better on 151.

I only get GPRS so I rather the strong signal despite the occasional drop outs (like once a day).

I'm currently using full 151 OS. I was using BBC v7 before.
    Your location can def affect whether you will get EDGE or GPRS. I do not belive that is the radio files fault. When I'm in a week area that has happened to me. Try OS 5.0, that radio is pretty solid.

Device
    Z10
    OS
    It appears the 151 radio only stops shortly after a reboot. Once I switch the radio off then back on again then it remains stable forever.

I tried 5.0 for a few hrs, yea the radio was great but the rest of the experience wasn't so nice.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast