Striker951 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times

Replacing files on BB with CrackUtil

Is there instruction on here that explains how to replace a .cod file on the BB
    with CrkUtil? I remember seeing something a while back.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Striker951 View Post
    Is there instruction on here that explains how to replace a .cod file on the BB
    with CrkUtil? I remember seeing something a while back.
    Shane did this one http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...crackutil.html just use the files you want instead of what he is... what are you trying to do?

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    Shane did this one http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...crackutil.html just use the files you want instead of what he is... what are you trying to do?
    I can't send audio files to my friends Dare so i was going to try using a the mms cod file from .148 on my .151/7.1.4. I try it did and then I couldn't get it to work. When I selected the audio file and picked him out of my contacts and pressed the BB button nothing would come up. I put the .151 mms file back in and and it would come up but when he gets the file it says, "Picture file failed to load".

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    I can't send audio files to my friends Dare so i was going to try using a the mms cod file from .148 on my .151/7.1.4. I try it did and then I couldn't get it to work. When I selected the audio file and picked him out of my contacts and pressed the BB button nothing would come up. I put the .151 mms file back in and and it would come up but when he gets the file it says, "Picture file failed to load".
    has it always been this way? or did it just start with the dare. Lg's are actually almost always that way so if it just stated then change it but it may be the dare not you

Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.451\V6
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    has it always been this way? or did it just start with the dare. Lg's are actually almost always that way so if it just stated then change it but it may be the dare not you
    Another poster said he could send to his sons LG when he had .148 installed
    but not after that. Is there another file that has to be replace other than the
    'net_rim_bb_mms.cod'? I never tried to send him a ringtone before this so I don't know if this just started or not.

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Another poster said he could send to his sons LG when he had .148 installed
    but not after that. Is there another file that has to be replace other than the
    'net_rim_bb_mms.cod'? I never tried to send him a ringtone before this so I don't know if this just started or not.
    that would be the one you would change but many times there is a problem sending to LG's in general.. they are very picky about the sounds that get recieved for some reason, I would double check that its the phone first...maybe send the sound to another phone, and if it goes through then the dare, if it still doesnt go through its the dare if it does than its your phone..