Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TeK9Samurai View Post
    Update:

I was reading that if you disable the Echo Control and the Encryption through the Bluetooth options it alleviates the problem. Will try it out and keep you updated...

What are the chances the encryption option has anything to do with it? What exactly is the purpose of the encryption option when it comes to connecting to a hands-free device?
    It could be the problem. From my experience in-vehicle bluetooth devices always seem to be a little quirky/finicky.

PIN
    Ask and you shall receive
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148 (Non-Hybrid)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunkast View Post
    It could be the problem. From my experience in-vehicle bluetooth devices always seem to be a little quirky/finicky.
    Funny how some work without a hitch while others have to be played with until just right...

PIN
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148 (Non-Hybrid)
    UPDATE:

Tried disabling both and there was still static...

Any other ideas?

sunkast Guest
    UPDATE:

Tried disabling both and there was still static...

Any other ideas?
    Maybe the antenna in the system has a short in it. The way I think of this is like a FM tuner. If you have a bad or poor antenna, you mostly get static when trying to listen to a radio station. If you have a good antenna, the radio station comes in great.

PIN
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148 (Non-Hybrid)
    Do you think the reception is related to the antenna? Won't the reception be dependent on the phone and not the receiver?

It is interesting you bring that up because I actually have my antenna disabled. It stays in the closed position because I don't use it. You think the FM antenna will actually make a difference?

sunkast Guest
    I was just using an FM antenna as a metaphor. Both the phone and your Avic-x910bt has a transmitter and receiver. What I'm saying is that the antenna for the bluetooth in the Avic-x910bt might be crap.

PIN
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    4.7.0.148 (Non-Hybrid)
    My best friend just got the Tour, I should ask him to come over so we could try that out and see.

Although I do wonder if the reception is weaker due to the FM antenna.

sunkast Guest
    My best friend just got the Tour, I should ask him to come over so we could try that out and see.

Although I do wonder if the reception is weaker due to the FM antenna.
    Wouldn't hurt to see what kind of results he gets. The fm antenna shouldn't matter to a bluetooth device.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast