Thread: Slacker now pushed to the VZW Tour

cslaten is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cslaten On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    11 times

Slacker now pushed to the VZW Tour

Adam from Crackberry reported that Slacker Radio is now being pushed to the Verizon Tour.
    I decided to see if he was correct and he sure was. A quick reboot and as you can see from the picture, Slacker
    was waiting on my home screen, which will then directed me right to the download page. Not sure what other
    carriers are following suit on this but what a nice surprise for Verizon Tour owners! If you can remember about a
    week ago, it was reported that Slacker was being pushed to the Storm. Nice to see some Tour love out there.

Laney is offline BlackBerryOS Master
    Liked
    2 times
    that would explain why my slacker icon moved to my homescreen on its own :lmao: nice find cs

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    I have it installed already but if you don't mind can you check what version was pushed to your device. Thanks.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Yep it just showed up on mine this morning as well. Thanks for the heads up CS

Kris is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow Kris On Twitter
    Liked
    1 times
    Yep did this to me yesterday there should be a thread on it already actually
    Last edited by Kris; 07-27-2009 at 03:48 PM.

Neolantis is offline BlackBerryOS Grand Master Follow Neolantis On Twitter
    Liked
    189 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I have it installed already but if you don't mind can you check what version was pushed to your device. Thanks.
    Did you find out what version was pushed out? The latest one? (2.0.12)
    Click the Like button to thank me.
    Retired Administrator--I never try anything, I just do it.....Wanna try me?--

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Neolantis View Post
    Did you find out what version was pushed out? The latest one? (2.0.12)
    That's what I have currently. Wondered if the VZW that was pushed out was any newer.

cj100570 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow cj100570 On Twitter
    PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I personally don't like that VZ is pushing applications to my Storm without my consent. This only raises serious privacy issues for me. If they can push an app to my phone what's to stop them from wiping 1 off it?!

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cj100570 View Post
    I personally don't like that VZ is pushing applications to my Storm without my consent. This only raises serious privacy issues for me. If they can push an app to my phone what's to stop them from wiping 1 off it?!
    Welcome to BlackberryOS. It's sad that they do it, but what do you expect from them... They're in the business of making a profit.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Welcome to BBOS cj.

I definitely agree with you, there is no doubt that if you can send information individuals that they couldn't pull stuff the other direction.

That being said the issue is one federal law. After 9/11, the NSA could authorize Telecom companies to collect data from their customers. So while IMO it is invasion of privacy, any and all information used by you could be collected and stored by the Federal government.

PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I'm going to have to get accustomed to having my tech goodies under not only my control but also under the control of my service providers. It still sucks though.
    Last edited by cj100570; 07-27-2009 at 08:17 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I guess I'm going to have to get accustomed to having my tech goodies under not only my control but also under the control of my service providers. It still sucks though.
    Yes we all do unfortunately. :evil:
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

ErinAF is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times

Angry Anyone have any idea if there is a way to turn this off

I just had Slacker Radio show up on my Tour and freaked out thinking it was some sort of virus. Thankfully a quick googling calmed me down about my phone being infected but now I think I'm even more irate that they just installed something on my phone without my consent! Has anyone found a way to turn it off? I got Verizon to tell me which service book to delete to get rid of Slacker, but they claim its RIM that's doing the pushing and they can't do anything about apps getting pushed to the phone.

Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Liked
    7 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ErinAF View Post
    I just had Slacker Radio show up on my Tour and freaked out thinking it was some sort of virus. Thankfully a quick googling calmed me down about my phone being infected but now I think I'm even more irate that they just installed something on my phone without my consent! Has anyone found a way to turn it off? I got Verizon to tell me which service book to delete to get rid of Slacker, but they claim its RIM that's doing the pushing and they can't do anything about apps getting pushed to the phone.
    Unfortunately the only thing you can do is either hide or delete the service the book. If you delete the service book it will come back when you restart or re send your service books.

The easiest thing is to just hid it and forget about it

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    That's what I have currently. Wondered if the VZW that was pushed out was any newer.
    they didnt push out newer unfortunatley they only thing that has changed is it now has a built in icon to buy from rhapsody

PIN
    306051B3
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

The Verizon rep that told you that RIM is pushing the content is a "dirty stinking liar." I can't recall where I read it but Verizon inked a deal with Slacker to place it on it's phones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Semper Paratus"

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Strange, VZW never pushed Slacker out to my device. I guess they couldn't penetrate the smog of Los Angeles.

olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Liked
    3 times
    I have read from a few people...that vzw has settings on everyone's account and if someone doesn't want those pushed to devices, they can call and request to have those settings adjusted on the account. I might give that a try.... Just gotta be persistent and know what you are talking about

ErinAF is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Tour
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I have read from a few people...that vzw has settings on everyone's account and if someone doesn't want those pushed to devices, they can call and request to have those settings adjusted on the account. I might give that a try.... Just gotta be persistent and know what you are talking about

Any idea which setting it was? The Verizon rep yesterday said the only way to turn it off was to have my BES administrator do it. I'm sure they can do it on their side but would definitely help my case when I call again if I've got the exact setting.

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    hmm I will check into this but I dont believe if you are on BIS this can be done.

Any idea which setting it was? The Verizon rep yesterday said the only way to turn it off was to have my BES administrator do it. I'm sure they can do it on their side but would definitely help my case when I call again if I've got the exact setting.
    Erin just to say again what I said to olta, I am pretty sure you BES admin would have to do this, I dont believe people on BIS have the ability, even by callin vzw, to have the service books edited, otherwise we wouldnt have to see face book, vznav, rhapsody, aol, all those

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast