Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 25

  1. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Strange, VZW never pushed Slacker out to my device. I guess they couldn't penetrate the smog of Los Angeles.



  2. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    I have read from a few people...that vzw has settings on everyone's account and if someone doesn't want those pushed to devices, they can call and request to have those settings adjusted on the account. I might give that a try.... Just gotta be persistent and know what you are talking about

  3. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Device
    Tour
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I have read from a few people...that vzw has settings on everyone's account and if someone doesn't want those pushed to devices, they can call and request to have those settings adjusted on the account. I might give that a try.... Just gotta be persistent and know what you are talking about

    Any idea which setting it was? The Verizon rep yesterday said the only way to turn it off was to have my BES administrator do it. I'm sure they can do it on their side but would definitely help my case when I call again if I've got the exact setting.



  4. #20
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    I have read from a few people...that vzw has settings on everyone's account and if someone doesn't want those pushed to devices, they can call and request to have those settings adjusted on the account. I might give that a try.... Just gotta be persistent and know what you are talking about
    hmm I will check into this but I dont believe if you are on BIS this can be done.

    Quote Originally Posted by ErinAF View Post
    Any idea which setting it was? The Verizon rep yesterday said the only way to turn it off was to have my BES administrator do it. I'm sure they can do it on their side but would definitely help my case when I call again if I've got the exact setting.
    Erin just to say again what I said to olta, I am pretty sure you BES admin would have to do this, I dont believe people on BIS have the ability, even by callin vzw, to have the service books edited, otherwise we wouldnt have to see face book, vznav, rhapsody, aol, all those

  5. #21
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    4.7.0.151
    Posts
    6

    Slacker phantom icon

    I've had a slacker radio icon that i can't get rid of for a few weeks. Slacker is NOT installed already. Just the icon and when I click it it wants to install. Anybody know how I can rid myself of this stalker? :chairshot:



  6. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Threads merged

  7. #23
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    ohio
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    5.0.0.428
    Posts
    4,387
    Quote Originally Posted by chillywaternc View Post
    I've had a slacker radio icon that i can't get rid of for a few weeks. Slacker is NOT installed already. Just the icon and when I click it it wants to install. Anybody know how I can rid myself of this stalker? :chairshot:
    cant remove it, put it in a folder or hide it

  8. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    cant remove it, put it in a folder or hide it
    Ha and I can't get VZW to push Slacker to me at all.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •