Unable to Reset Device on .151

Thread: Unable to Reset Device on .151

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0

Unable to Reset Device on .151

Since updating to the leaked .151 OS (no hybrid) on my Storm I have been unable to use the reset or scheduled reset functions on Meterberry. Everything else on MB works fine. I know others have not had this issue.

I've now tried to use the QuickLaunch reset function, and am getting the same error:

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.Illegal Argument Exception"

In both cases I have tried reloading the software (download from Mobihand) but no luck. All permissions are set to "Allow" and I have disabled compatibility mode. My last resort is going to be to reload .151 on my Storm, but before I did I thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions....

Thanks in advance for any help....

sunkast Guest
    Have you tried deleting and reinstalling meterberry? How about a battery pull? I would try those before wiping and reinstalling the OS.

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    Since updating to the leaked .151 OS (no hybrid) on my Storm I have been unable to use the reset or scheduled reset functions on Meterberry. Everything else on MB works fine. I know others have not had this issue.

I've now tried to use the QuickLaunch reset function, and am getting the same error:

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.Illegal Argument Exception"

In both cases I have tried reloading the software (download from Mobihand) but no luck. All permissions are set to "Allow" and I have disabled compatibility mode. My last resort is going to be to reload .151 on my Storm, but before I did I thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions....

Thanks in advance for any help....
    QuickPull worked great for me on 151. I believe that QP has a free version just for soft resets and a pay version (currently $2.95 at the BBOS App Store) that allows you to schedule daily resets and set a monitor alert for memory.
    Last edited by louwiid; 07-27-2009 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Corrected price of QuickPull Pro
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Have you looked in Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications to see if there is a funky looking program that says something about a reset? I can't remember what it actually says but two or three times I had a similar problem to what you are having and I found a weird program listed in there that once I deleted fixed this issue. Just a thought.

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Thanks SJ...

I've seen the program you're referring to...seems like it was something like Meterberry Reset Stub or something like that. I deleted it when I first saw it thinking it might help, but no luck......

Looks like I may try reloading .151 again afterall.....