C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times

Unable to Reset Device on .151

Since updating to the leaked .151 OS (no hybrid) on my Storm I have been unable to use the reset or scheduled reset functions on Meterberry. Everything else on MB works fine. I know others have not had this issue.

I've now tried to use the QuickLaunch reset function, and am getting the same error:

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.Illegal Argument Exception"

In both cases I have tried reloading the software (download from Mobihand) but no luck. All permissions are set to "Allow" and I have disabled compatibility mode. My last resort is going to be to reload .151 on my Storm, but before I did I thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions....

Thanks in advance for any help....

sunkast Guest
    Have you tried deleting and reinstalling meterberry? How about a battery pull? I would try those before wiping and reinstalling the OS.

louwiid is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by C6StingRay View Post
    Since updating to the leaked .151 OS (no hybrid) on my Storm I have been unable to use the reset or scheduled reset functions on Meterberry. Everything else on MB works fine. I know others have not had this issue.

I've now tried to use the QuickLaunch reset function, and am getting the same error:

"Uncaught exception: java.lang.Illegal Argument Exception"

In both cases I have tried reloading the software (download from Mobihand) but no luck. All permissions are set to "Allow" and I have disabled compatibility mode. My last resort is going to be to reload .151 on my Storm, but before I did I thought I'd see if anyone had any other suggestions....

Thanks in advance for any help....
    QuickPull worked great for me on 151. I believe that QP has a free version just for soft resets and a pay version (currently $2.95 at the BBOS App Store) that allows you to schedule daily resets and set a monitor alert for memory.
    Last edited by louwiid; 07-27-2009 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Corrected price of QuickPull Pro
    It's still real to me, dammit! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI
    Who's awesome? You're awesome!
    NOCJ http://nocj.urbanup.com/4256654
    Any fool knows a Dog needs a home, a shelter from Pigs on the Wing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPAYR5NReE8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47Omz...layer_embedded

SJSU159120 is offline BlackBerryOS Friend Follow SJSU159120 On Twitter
    Device
    Blackberry Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Have you looked in Options -> Advanced Options -> Applications to see if there is a funky looking program that says something about a reset? I can't remember what it actually says but two or three times I had a similar problem to what you are having and I found a weird program listed in there that once I deleted fixed this issue. Just a thought.

C6StingRay is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow C6StingRay On Twitter
    Device
    Motorola Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks SJ...

I've seen the program you're referring to...seems like it was something like Meterberry Reset Stub or something like that. I deleted it when I first saw it thinking it might help, but no luck......

Looks like I may try reloading .151 again afterall.....