Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/

Unlocked Storm on Tmo Question regarding APN

Just looking for answers as to why when I select APN and put either wap.voicestream.com or epn.tmobile.com I immediately lose my 'EDGE' signal and it goes to 'edge' and then I cant browse anything. Also when I click 'manage internet email' it tries to open a verizon webpage and signal goes to 'edge' also.

I've sent service books, I've registered device, reboots, and I've tried fixes like
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...crackutil.html

And same thing. Hopefully someone can help clear this up for me and others that have experienced the same thing on an unlocked storm trying to use tmo

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    i want to know the same thing. having EXACT issues with a buddies phone i setup on TMO

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    I am unable to answer your question at this time, but will look into finding the answer for you. I am sure one of our staff members will be able to help out, if you do not hear back from me first.
    Last edited by Seanren78; 07-27-2009 at 12:45 PM.

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I am able to answer your question at this time, but will look into finding the answer for you. I am sure one of our staff members will be able to help out, if you do not hear back from me first.
    Thanks, cuz i have tried everything i know of.. i have tried .90 radio with the .148 and just changed it to .109 radio with .148 about an hour ago

Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanren78 View Post
    I am unable to answer your question at this time, but will look into finding the answer for you. I am sure one of our staff members will be able to help out, if you do not hear back from me first.
    Thanks very much, hope to hear from you or someone soon as I've been unable to find any information to resolve this.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2009 View Post
    Thanks, cuz i have tried everything i know of.. i have tried .90 radio with the .148 and just changed it to .109 radio with .148 about an hour ago
    Something tells me it'll take more than a radio file. Some kind of cdma programming screen we may need to go into maybe. Not sure, but browser is defaulted to verizon services somehow.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Sorry for all the trouble you are having with this. I have not used an unlocked Storm on another network but here is a thread that may help you find an answer. Take a look and let us know if anything in there helps.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...n-bis-etc.html

Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Sorry for all the trouble you are having with this. I have not used an unlocked Storm on another network but here is a thread that may help you find an answer. Take a look and let us know if anything in there helps.

http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...n-bis-etc.html
    Thanks for that link but it explains how to get and hold an 'EDGE' signal with the expense of not being able to check 'APN' and not being able to use apps that require TCP connections. I for the most part know how to get my 'EDGE' signal back and keep it. My question more or less was how to get APN settings to work so that I can use apps that require TCP connections. That is what I havent been able to find out so far . I'm hoping someone has solved this and can share how they did it.

On a another note, when I tried this fix:

Now when I reboot my storm I get the following error message constantly
    "Uncaught exception: A browser content provider for the audio/midi MME type has already been registered with the browser."
    :haha:

Thanks for your help btw

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Thanks for that link but it explains how to get and hold an 'EDGE' signal with the expense of not being able to check 'APN' and not being able to use apps that require TCP connections. I for the most part know how to get my 'EDGE' signal back and keep it. My question more or less was how to get APN settings to work so that I can use apps that require TCP connections. That is what I havent been able to find out so far . I'm hoping someone has solved this and can share how they did it.

On a another note, when I tried this fix:

Now when I reboot my storm I get the following error message constantly
    "Uncaught exception: A browser content provider for the audio/midi MME type has already been registered with the browser."
    :haha:

Thanks for your help btw
    Ok gotcha. I will continue doing research on this and ask around. As soon as I find anything will let you know.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast