Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Quote Originally Posted by cruznthru View Post
    Working on it "J", seem this problem is isolated to the 9530 devices unlocked using a GSM carrier, like TMobile, ATT. I understand why it throws the error, havent zeroed in on the resolution yet...
    Those of you that are having this error, try clearing your browser cache, cookies ect..then reboot, may temporarily clear it up, also try editing your sim card phone number, re-enter your phone number then save the data and reboot. If we can get (one) clean reboot with no error messages, it would give a direction to go in..
    I cleared my cache/cookies and rebooted still same thing. When I have APN checked with epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com and I try to use an app that requires tcp connection my connection goes to 'edge'.

I tried re-entering my phone number by editing my sims card and I got the error "Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_options_app (244) is not responding; process terminated"

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2009 View Post
    i do know when you go into the manual program mode. ##000000 at the bottom for SIP user id and MIP it has (phone number).vzw3g.com dont know if that has anything to do with how it connects or not. Being that the phone is now on TMO

I see that, I erased the vzw3g.com and just left my number. I wonder what the SIP/MIP user ids are for tmo if that even matters. Did you have any success?

secured2k is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    As I stated before, you need to contact your wireless provider and have them correct provisioning, service books, and/or allow your device/pin access to the APN. Otherwise, whenever the device detects there is no working internet connection (cause the APN reports an error or access denied) the connection will switch to non-data mode (changing the high speed connection indicator to all lowercase).
    Last edited by secured2k; 07-28-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by secured2k View Post
    As I stated before, you need to contact your wireless provider and have them correct provisioning, service books, and/or allow your device/pin access to the APN. Otherwise, whenever the device detects there is no working internet connection (cause the APN reports an error or access denied) the connection will switch to non-data mode (changing the high speed connection indicator to all lowercase).
    I'm using a verizon storm on a tmo network. If I call tmo and request this, they'll do it? I have requested them to send my service books and that went through. They also knew this phone wasnt a tmo phone, I thought they wouldnt help after they found out. Of course it didnt fix my issue.
    Last edited by OcaNyc; 07-28-2009 at 10:35 AM.

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    I'm using a verizon storm on a tmo network. If I call tmo and request this, they'll do it? I have requested them to send my service books and that went through. They also knew this phone wasnt a tmo phone, I thought they wouldnt help after they found out. Of course it didnt fix my issue.
    where it said your number @vzw3g.com for SIP and MIP i put your number@ecp.mobile.com for both then reset phone. leave password blank My buddies phone had had EDGE for a full day with NO edge. and he just got done downloading bb app world and the where app off of it

**EDITED**
    Last edited by bigdaddy2009; 07-28-2009 at 11:26 AM.

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Did you also call T-Mobile data support to authorize your device on the APN you are using?

Device
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2009 View Post
    where it said your number @vzw3g.com for SIP and MIP i put your number@apn.mobile.com for both if that doesnt work try apc.mobile.com for both then reset phone. leave password blank My buddies phone had had EDGE for a full day with NO edge. and he just got done downloading bb app world and the where app off of it
    I'll give that a try although I didnt have a big problem keeping 'EDGE'
    My issue was using the APN settings which wasnt working.

Did you also call T-Mobile data support to authorize your device on the APN you are using?
    No, I didnt think this was legal so I've been wary about calling them back with storm issues lol. Do you suggest I call their data support?

Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. The data support guys are the ones you should be talking to to resolve network/data/tcp/ip issues.

Device
    OS
    I don't see why it wouldn't be legal. The data support guys are the ones you should be talking to to resolve network/data/tcp/ip issues.
    Because its not a phone they support, since its from a different carrier. My worst fear is not getting cuffed but getting my phone blocked off the network :/
    Reason why I didnt want to give them alot of info regarding pin/imei number etc.
    I'll give it a try though and report back. Thanks.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast