OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

These are all the apn settings I know for tmobile, try any of them, the first two have worked for me all the time

APN enabled
    epc.tmobile.com
    wap.voicestream.com
    internet2.voicestream.com
    internet3.voicestream.com
    epc.voicestream.com

Set apn to enable and do not check mark apn authentication enabled, that's what I had when I used to have to my storm.
    I've tried all those bro, same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by 306buddyluv View Post
    I have an unlock storm on TMO.
    I am using .90 radio. its the only way I can maintain a steady EDGE because I did a SIM unlock. It wont show up at first. But after about 5 to 10min it will be fine. My friend did a device unlock. The only way she can maintain a steady EDGE is that the APN needs to stay at the VZ setting and the network set to globe. It is strange.

My storm is set to network Manuel-GSM/UMT-2G; and the APN is wap.voicestream.com. with the user name and password checked but left blank.

Accessing your email setup on the device will not happened all the time; but is will get in on the 2nd attempt if you maintain an EDGE.

Since I had the storm I got lucky with OS 4.7.0.148 with .90 radio. But .148 has a insane memory leak and when your memory gets to low the device reboots its self. I am using .132 with .90 radio. Memory is steady and EDGE is steady. The only issue is there is a slight lag navigating through the apps. But I can get into to the email set up. The only way i can send service books to the storm and re configure the emails is to go online on your computer and do it through the tmo site.

I am looking forward to the full GSM storm 2. I will cry if they change it to CDMA with GSM capabilities.

Your storm my only be able to maintain an EDGE if you leave the settings alone. Unlike my storm; I have to change it in order to maintain an EDGE. I hope this helps.

I've also heard of someone re-imaging the storm and got all of the tmo features on it; even myfaves. the down side to that is that they cannot update to a newer OS. When they did the update, they had to redo the image all over again.
    Can you try tinytwitter app?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy2009 View Post
    Stupid question man, but have you tried setting up email thru TMO's BIS site from PC???

Log into my.t-mobile.com. Once you do there should be a picture of a phone. It needs to be a BlackBerry. If it's not a BB, or there is no phone pictured, choose a BlackBerry. The Strom will not be an option, just choose a 8900. You may need to then log out/back in. Then at the bottom under Conect and Share, click Configure e-mail. If the phone pictured isn't a BlackBerry the configure e-mail option isn't there. Now you will be in the BIS. If this is the first time setting up email on this device, you will need to enter the pin and imei numbers. Then on th left select service books>send service books. You will get a conformation message to the Storm for each email account.
    Sure I know how to do it thru my pc. Just wanted it to work on my device as well. Only then, with the APN fixed as well, will i feel that this storm is fully cracked for tmo

sunkast Guest
    Have you considered trying a different Twitter client? I know Twitterberry doesn't need to connect through TCP.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Yes, I'm actually using ubertwitter. I just preferred tinytwiiter.

Bluffmycall is another app that needs APN to be set. Not that I use bluffmycall much.

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    You ever get it fixed OcaNyc?

tank244 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow tank244 On Twitter
    PIN
    the tail on the donkey... :-)
    Device
    Storm 2 9550
    OS
    Boring ol' .714 - at this point just waiting for OS 6
    Liked
    0 times

The asnswer

Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    Just looking for answers as to why when I select APN and put either wap.voicestream.com or epn.tmobile.com I immediately lose my 'EDGE' signal and it goes to 'edge' and then I cant browse anything. Also when I click 'manage internet email' it tries to open a verizon webpage and signal goes to 'edge' also.

I've sent service books, I've registered device, reboots, and I've tried fixes like
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/b...crackutil.html

And same thing. Hopefully someone can help clear this up for me and others that have experienced the same thing on an unlocked storm trying to use tmo
    FIRST THING YOU DO FOR T MOBILE IS....

Uncheck APN -- you do not need it ----

Inregards to setting up internet email----it opens the browser with the Verizon SPLASH screen ---- dont worry about it --- even if EDGE goes to edge, just let the phone sit, it will eventually transmit and receive data and YES even if edge is lower case edge-----the browser will say "requesting" for a bit --- BUT it will work ---- I would try this after a fresh re-boot.

I have TMobile----Im pretty much a pro by now dealing with TMo issues with the Storm! :haha:

secured2k is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by soicyboy View Post
    If this were true why does .75 holds EDGE
    Again, there is no difference in communication or signal between 1x/1xev and 1X/1XEV or edge and EDGE. The difference is you get the lowercase signal when your phone can not access the blackberry network.

If it worked on .75 or older radios, it's because that version did not change the signal indicator based on some other form of connection checking.

This is all a configuration or service book or access (based on PIN) or some other setting hard coded in the phone. It should be up to a network admin to fix it. Self fixes are hacks to get around security.

Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by tank244 View Post
    FIRST THING YOU DO FOR T MOBILE IS....

Uncheck APN -- you do not need it ----

Inregards to setting up internet email----it opens the browser with the Verizon SPLASH screen ---- dont worry about it --- even if EDGE goes to edge, just let the phone sit, it will eventually transmit and receive data and YES even if edge is lower case edge-----the browser will say "requesting" for a bit --- BUT it will work ---- I would try this after a fresh re-boot.

I have TMobile----Im pretty much a pro by now dealing with TMo issues with the Storm! :haha:
    Thanks for your tip, and I'm sure it will help others BUT I switched to Verizon and using the TOUR

Mruiz949 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    PIN
    PRIVATE
    Device
    9650 (BOLD)
    OS
    Which ever is NEWEST
    Liked
    0 times
    Hey I gave my wife a unlocked storm using tmobile and it seems like we cant use any of the apps like slacker and pandora it doesnt load up fully with my 9530. Is there a way to fix this issue???

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by liqrsicc View Post
    Hey I gave my wife a unlocked storm using tmobile and it seems like we cant use any of the apps like slacker and pandora it doesnt load up fully with my 9530. Is there a way to fix this issue???
    Did you try the how to fix browser/mms guide linked above?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123