The correct APN for storm on Tmobile is "epc.tmobile.com"

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Quote Originally Posted by ealvnv View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Bold 9000 )

The correct APN for storm on Tmobile is "epc.tmobile.com"
    None of the APNs work. Immediately goes to 'edge' signal which isn't strong enough to use to get data. I'm surprised not many have mentioned this. :/

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Quote Originally Posted by OcaNyc View Post
    None of the APNs work. Immediately goes to 'edge' signal which isn't strong enough to use to get data. I'm surprised not many have mentioned this. :/
    There must something we are missing because others I believe have succesfully accomplished. One of our team members who is much more experience with this will respond to this thread when he gets home work. Just be patient, we'll figure it out.

secured2k is offline BlackBerryOS Friend
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS

Arrow

What people don't know or understand that when the signal is lowercase, you are connected at the speed of that connection without Blackberry data services. Once a connection to RIM or BES is established, the connection goes to all CAPS.

1x -> 1X
    1xev -> 1XEV
    edge -> EDGE

This has nothing to do with signal strength or radio, but rather configuration and permissions. This is something that your wireless service provider (and maybe the original phone provider) need to address with permissions (account provisioning or the PIN might be locked into another provider).

OcaNyc is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    OS
    Too Many :/
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    There must something we are missing because others I believe have succesfully accomplished. One of our team members who is much more experience with this will respond to this thread when he gets home work. Just be patient, we'll figure it out.
    I understand, its not like I'm down or bricked :/
    Just cant figure this out. Theres gotta be a workaround

Quote Originally Posted by secured2k View Post
    What people don't know or understand that when the signal is lowercase, you are connected at the speed of that connection without Blackberry data services. Once a connection to RIM or BES is established, the connection goes to all CAPS.

1x -> 1X
    1xev -> 1XEV
    edge -> EDGE

This has nothing to do with signal strength or radio, but rather configuration and permissions. This is something that your wireless service provider (and maybe the original phone provider) need to address with permissions (account provisioning or the PIN might be locked into another provider).

But I'm the one causing it to go to 'edge' by the actions I mention above. I've watched this happened numerous times. The pin was released before it was sold to me and previous owner had this unlocked through verizon.

cruznthru is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    Device
    9650 & 9530
    Working on it "J", seem this problem is isolated to the 9530 devices unlocked using a GSM carrier, like TMobile, ATT. I understand why it throws the error, havent zeroed in on the resolution yet...
    Those of you that are having this error, try clearing your browser cache, cookies ect..then reboot, may temporarily clear it up, also try editing your sim card phone number, re-enter your phone number then save the data and reboot. If we can get (one) clean reboot with no error messages, it would give a direction to go in..
    Last edited by cruznthru; 07-27-2009 at 09:19 PM.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Thank you Cruz.

bigdaddy2009 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Thank you Cruz.
    i do know when you go into the manual program mode. ##000000 at the bottom for SIP user id and MIP it has (phone number).vzw3g.com dont know if that has anything to do with how it connects or not. Being that the phone is now on TMO

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast