Where has freebirds been!!?!?

Thread: Where has freebirds been!!?!?

freebirds87 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow freebirds87 On Twitter
    PIN
    BALL
    Device
    Blackberry Tour 9630
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Where has freebirds been!!?!?

I'll tell you where I have been. Thought I would share a little experience with the community. I am posting this thread here because I am a Storm user but if this needs to be moved, then by all means.

I currently pay $189.00 per month for cell phone service with Verizon. (1400 Select w/ Insurance etc.) and I felt that this was a little to high. Also, having to load and reload and reload and reload and reload and reload and reload OS's onto the Storm can be pain. So... I thought I would venture out into the Smart Phone world and try some different devices. (WinMO is not a smart phone... just for the record)

1) 1st device I tried was the T-Mobile G1. Must say the Android OS is VERY nice indeed but serves no useful purpose what so ever. It's an over priced toy (very very fun user experience). Will not hold up in the business world nor the Social Networking World. Google Services is cool though

2) 2nd Device was the Palm Pre with Sprint. Now... before I go any further, I purchased the same plan with Sprint as the one I have with Verizon. Only Sprint had 100 more mins than does Verizon but no favorite 10. The Sprint plan was $120 /m where Verizon is $189 /m ...... SERIOUSLY!?!? Ya but the coverage (that so called coverage that "roams" on VZ's network) sucks.

The Palm Pre is a cool device. Much like the G1 I was very impressed with the flow and stability of the OS. Very nice. I was actually having a great time with the linux based OS until my boss called me and while on the phone with him my phone began ringing (I had a text message) and it did so in my boss's ear. Not cool. Also, the Palm Pre moved EVERY SINGLE PERSON from my facebook account over to my Contact list on the phone. Also... NOT COOL. You can't forward text messages (wtf??) and sending audio through an MMS is not possible.

In short, I know we Blackberry owners find ourselves plugging our devices into the old PC quite a bit these days but take it from some one who went from hating his blackberry to loving it... it's well worth that 30mins every week.

Thought I would share with everyone!
    Thanks and it's good to have my Storm back! (girlfriend is loving her Tour also )

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Liked
    5 times
    Quote Originally Posted by freebirds87 View Post
    I'll tell you where I have been. Thought I would share a little experience with the community. I am posting this thread here because I am a Storm user but if this needs to be moved, then by all means.

I currently pay $189.00 per month for cell phone service with Verizon. (1400 Select w/ Insurance etc.) and I felt that this was a little to high. Also, having to load and reload and reload and reload and reload and reload and reload OS's onto the Storm can be pain. So... I thought I would venture out into the Smart Phone world and try some different devices. (WinMO is not a smart phone... just for the record)

1) 1st device I tried was the T-Mobile G1. Must say the Android OS is VERY nice indeed but serves no useful purpose what so ever. It's an over priced toy (very very fun user experience). Will not hold up in the business world nor the Social Networking World. Google Services is cool though

2) 2nd Device was the Palm Pre with Sprint. Now... before I go any further, I purchased the same plan with Sprint as the one I have with Verizon. Only Sprint had 100 more mins than does Verizon but no favorite 10. The Sprint plan was $120 /m where Verizon is $189 /m ...... SERIOUSLY!?!? Ya but the coverage (that so called coverage that "roams" on VZ's network) sucks.

The Palm Pre is a cool device. Much like the G1 I was very impressed with the flow and stability of the OS. Very nice. I was actually having a great time with the linux based OS until my boss called me and while on the phone with him my phone began ringing (I had a text message) and it did so in my boss's ear. Not cool. Also, the Palm Pre moved EVERY SINGLE PERSON from my facebook account over to my Contact list on the phone. Also... NOT COOL. You can't forward text messages (wtf??) and sending audio through an MMS is not possible.

In short, I know we Blackberry owners find ourselves plugging our devices into the old PC quite a bit these days but take it from some one who went from hating his blackberry to loving it... it's well worth that 30mins every week.

Thought I would share with everyone!
    Thanks and it's good to have my Storm back! (girlfriend is loving her Tour also )
    If you need some detailed reveiw of a vzw bill (by someone that doesnt get paid for it) let me know in this thread http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/v...g-no-os-s.html I can try to help you get it better if its possible.. and welcome back to bbos

berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Liked
    0 times
    good to hear that people are coming back to the storm, very inspiring and welcome back to bbos!