Downgrading from 5.0
Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Downgrading from 5.0

  1. #1
    John7760's Avatar
    John7760 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    30FE4E53
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/5.0 Lyridical
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    0 times

    Downgrading from 5.0

    How do you downgrade your OS from 5.0 to .151. I tried to delete from desktop and reinstall .151 then use app loader but it won't recognize the OS change. It only gives me app change possibilities




  2. #2
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Is it asking you to downgrade? If so that is the option you would select

  3. #3
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Also are you deleting the 5.0 os through control add/remove? If not do so through there, the reinstall .151 and run loader. It should ask you if want to downgrade your phone.

  4. #4
    MePascal's Avatar
    MePascal is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow MePascal On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Volunteer State
    Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Posts
    1,977
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by John7760 View Post
    How do you downgrade your OS from 5.0 to .151. I tried to delete from desktop and reinstall .151 then use app loader but it won't recognize the OS change. It only gives me app change possibilities
    Hello John,

    I would suggest to install .75 back onto your DM, install to your 9530.
    Verify that the .75 OS took to your device. After the confirmation, uninstall .75 from the DM and reinstall .151.

    What do you think?

  5. #5
    John7760's Avatar
    John7760 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    PIN
    30FE4E53
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    .148/5.0 Lyridical
    Posts
    76
    Liked
    0 times
    might have to try that. thanks

  6. #6
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    How I did it was. I wiped it clean with BBSAK. Uninstalled 5.0.Then went into the program files and removed all of it. Installed 151 then installed 7.1.4 from Crackman. Then deleted the venor file and copied the new BBM files in to that os. When I hit the apploader. I got the "downgrade" message. I clicked ok. I am back on 7.1.4+151 with the new BBM and all my apps are working. Hope this helps

  7. #7
    Bryan is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein Follow Bryan On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Boise
    Posts
    8,535
    Liked
    7 times
    Wirelessly posted (Tour 9630)

    Great walkthrough miami :fing02: thank you

  8. #8
    Seanren78's Avatar
    Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, CA
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    9550
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Posts
    2,179
    Liked
    0 times
    Thanks Miami!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

  9. #9
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (9630)

    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683
    How I did it was. I wiped it clean with BBSAK. Uninstalled 5.0.Then went into the program files and removed all of it. Installed 151 then installed 7.1.4 from Crackman. Then deleted the venor file and copied the new BBM files in to that os. When I hit the apploader. I got the "downgrade" message. I clicked ok. I am back on 7.1.4+151 with the new BBM and all my apps are working. Hope this helps
    Intersting point here. You wiped with bbsak and it still asked you to downgrade?

    Downgrade what? There shouldn't be any os on your device.

    Sorry but that jumped out at me right away!
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 07-25-2009 at 03:36 PM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  10. #10
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630)



    Intersting point here. You wiped with bbsak and it still asked you to downgrade?

    Downgrade what? There shouldn't be any os on your device.

    Sorry but that jumped out at me right away!
    When you do a wipe it will not erase the radio file, that is what it asks to downgrade.

  11. #11
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    When you do a wipe it will not erase the radio file, that is what it asks to downgrade.
    really the only time I've ever seen a downgrade option is when I dont' wipe. I have never used BBSAK I like JL_cmdr. I wonder if that's the difference.?.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  12. #12
    P3Designs's Avatar
    P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    5.0.0.238
    Posts
    753
    Liked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    really the only time I've ever seen a downgrade option is when I dont' wipe. I have never used BBSAK I like JL_cmdr. I wonder if that's the difference.?.

    Good question, I only use JL as well because of the simplicity and its what I'm used too.

    I also always complete 3 wipes, but i'm anal.

  13. #13
    miami1683's Avatar
    miami1683 is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Daytona Beach
    Device
    Droid
    OS
    Android 2.0
    Posts
    278
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    Wirelessly posted (9630)



    Intersting point here. You wiped with bbsak and it still asked you to downgrade?

    Downgrade what? There shouldn't be any os on your device.

    Sorry but that jumped out at me right away!

    Yes it did. First I did a factory reset with BBSAK. All good. Then a wipe device. When it came back I had thw white screen. I believe error 506. So I went ahead a hit the app loader. It specifically asked if i wanted to downgrade, It was a first for mee too, but it asked. I said yes or checked "downgrade" and it went through the process. I lost my third party apps too. My phone now reads v4.7.0.151 platofrm 4.0.0.186 right now. I was clearly on 5.0 as before i did the wipe the boot screen was the new bkack one. I am not sure as to the why. I don't have enough experience yet, but......

    I would Suppose the new OS (5.0) is such a drastic change it stayed in the at the core somehow. I would try 5.0 again, but my phones rockin on the hybrid. No need to change untill some of the bugs are worked out

  14. #14
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by miami1683 View Post
    Yes it did. First I did a factory reset with BBSAK. All good. Then a wipe device. When it came back I had thw white screen. I believe error 506. So I went ahead a hit the app loader. It specifically asked if i wanted to downgrade, It was a first for mee too, but it asked. I said yes or checked "downgrade" and it went through the process. I lost my third party apps too. My phone now reads v4.7.0.151 platofrm 4.0.0.186 right now. I was clearly on 5.0 as before i did the wipe the boot screen was the new bkack one. I am not sure as to the why. I don't have enough experience yet, but......

    I would Suppose the new OS (5.0) is such a drastic change it stayed in the at the core somehow. I would try 5.0 again, but my phones rockin on the hybrid. No need to change untill some of the bugs are worked out
    oh yeah not doubting your practice here at all. I just found that weird. I've still got .140 on my 9530 so when it comes time to kick it off i will watch for that.

    Thanks for posting your finding miami.

    On a side note I went ahead and dipped into the rim internal tools and copied over all files except the quicny's and such. In an attempt to get the telus browser working however it didn't work in fact I haven't noticed any difference at all....


    However I haven't given up. I looked into the modules and in comparison, my tour has 27 modules within the browser the .140 modules only has 21. I'm wondering if that might be the difference.


    OCD and ODB certified and pinked man!
    Last edited by smcoldbb; 07-25-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  15. #15
    smcoldbb is offline BlackBerryOS Champion Follow smcoldbb On Twitter
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    vancouver bc
    Device
    9630
    OS
    5.0.0.XXX
    Posts
    1,573
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Good question, I only use JL as well because of the simplicity and its what I'm used too.

    I also always complete 3 wipes, but i'm anal.
    hahaha... aren't we all! I have my own little ritual that I follow!

    OBD in full gear!!!!
    Bellshare - Premium Blackberry Apps

  16. #16
    olta777 is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Posts
    4,702
    Liked
    3 times
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Good question, I only use JL as well because of the simplicity and its what I'm used too.

    I also always complete 3 wipes, but i'm anal.
    P3, have you tried BB SAK to wipe? It's even easier and simpler than JL!!!

  17. #17
    mgawley's Avatar
    mgawley is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Device
    iPhone/Telus 9530
    OS
    V10 w/ 323 radio
    Posts
    128
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smcoldbb View Post
    oh yeah not doubting your practice here at all. I just found that weird. I've still got .140 on my 9530 so when it comes time to kick it off i will watch for that.

    Thanks for posting your finding miami.

    On a side note I went ahead and dipped into the rim internal tools and copied over all files except the quicny's and such. In an attempt to get the telus browser working however it didn't work in fact I haven't noticed any difference at all....


    However I haven't given up. I looked into the modules and in comparison, my tour has 27 modules within the browser the .140 modules only has 21. I'm wondering if that might be the difference.


    OCD and ODB certified and pinked man!
    Make sure you tell the entire Telus community if you figure it out!!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •