Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iJax View Post
    Ok, So I have tried several methods of backing up my third party apps and can't figure this one out, so I pose the ? to all of you. I have a couple applications that I Can only Register One time (Memory Up and Network Accelorator) it only allows one time to register so I have done the wipe and restored from back up and it says I have to re-register it again. and I have had to contact the company (Which were very fast and polite) and have them reset my registration so I can use my reg. Code again that they gave me. Is there anyway to avoid that? They said that If I back up the apps it shouldn't do that but I am unless there is a step I am missing? any ideas? Or can anyone list a step by step of the files I should 100% have backed up or set somewhere that would allow me not to have to contact the company to reset it again?

Thank you in advance!
    You loaded them from a back up and restored the data too(from a IDB file)?

Quote Originally Posted by iJax View Post
    Ok, So I have tried several methods of backing up my third party apps and can't figure this one out, so I pose the ? to all of you. I have a couple applications that I Can only Register One time (Memory Up and Network Accelorator) it only allows one time to register so I have done the wipe and restored from back up and it says I have to re-register it again. and I have had to contact the company (Which were very fast and polite) and have them reset my registration so I can use my reg. Code again that they gave me. Is there anyway to avoid that? They said that If I back up the apps it shouldn't do that but I am unless there is a step I am missing? any ideas? Or can anyone list a step by step of the files I should 100% have backed up or set somewhere that would allow me not to have to contact the company to reset it again?

Thank you in advance!
    I believe that every time you go through the task of loading a new OS you will need to re-register it through the device. Use the original information you obtained when you purchased/downloaded it.

I have wiped and loaded an OS on my device 5 times in the past two days.
    Because the wipe destroys all previous information there is nothing on your phone for the app to remember you by.
    All 5 times I have had to set up Slacker Radio by just entering my email and password. It then takes about 2-3 minutes to verify my information and then starts up as normal.

If this is not the situation with the two apps you mentioned then ask them if they have a way to have the program recognize you in case you ever have to reload the devices OS. Like a master registration user name and password.

There was an app I had a while back that you had to go to the apps website to initiate and(or) cancel it.
    See if they have a website.

Let us know how it turns out.

This forum is very good, I like, I agree with that point of view above,I support you!

Nothing in the world is difficult for one who sets his mind to it.
    Last edited by sunkast; 07-26-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: removed links

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123