Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

jnepsa is offline BlackBerryOS Wizard
    PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    i had the same problem yesterday...you have to keep your phone active(lite) durin the download, then when its done go into your application llist delete 4.7 and reboot

maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    Is it possible that having a 5.0 BBM version on the phone before the upgrade is causing the problems? I did notice in the beginning that I had 2 BBM versions installed...maybe i deleted the wrong one. That is why I was trying to verify the version numbers. Also, what is the correct way to uninstall one of them?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    Is it possible that having a 5.0 BBM version on the phone before the upgrade is causing the problems? I did notice in the beginning that I had 2 BBM versions installed...maybe i deleted the wrong one. That is why I was trying to verify the version numbers. Also, what is the correct way to uninstall one of them?
    the 5.0 is 5.0.0.8 and the 4.7 i dont know but should be whatever you had before, and it will say 4.7 or 5.0

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by maddog241 View Post
    That should not be the situation because BBM 5.0 will install over the top of the last version. You should get a pop up asking if you would like to replace version x.x with version x.x

To help me help you, could you please install BBM again from one of the links above and then let me know what happens.

maddog241 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    VZW BB Bold 9650
    OS
    Official 6.0.0.431
    I appreciate all the replies very much.

I ditched the 5.0.0.140 os and went back to 4.7.0.151 last night. I was able then to install the leaked BBM 5.0 for the 4.7 os through DM and it is showing BBM 5.0.0.8 in the applications list now in my Storm.

Unfortunately I am at work now and don't have my equipment to upgrade the os at the moment.

Is it possible that one BBM 5.0 version (for 4.7 os) does not overwrite the other BBM 5.0 version (for 5.0 os)? Maybe the BBM 5.0 version will only overwrite the old style BBM version? Could this be where the problem lies?

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    That should not be the situation because BBM 5.0 will install over the top of the last version. You should get a pop up asking if you would like to replace version x.x with version x.x

To help me help you, could you please install BBM again from one of the links above and then let me know what happens.
    P3 it did not do that for me last nite, it made 2 seperate BBM's...once I deleted the 4.7 and rebooted everything was good. The first time I put it on it just did the overwrite but when I redid it did not

P3Designs is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow P3Designs On Twitter
    PIN
    ky Swear O
    Device
    Droid/Storm/Cur
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by jnepsa View Post
    P3 it did not do that for me last nite, it made 2 seperate BBM's...once I deleted the 4.7 and rebooted everything was good. The first time I put it on it just did the overwrite but when I redid it did not

Interesting, I have not had to delete the 4.7 files but I do have to do a battery pull after install. My only guess, and its just a guess, is that the battery pull overwrites/deletes the files.

As long as all is well, its well. Like my grandpapy used to say "There is more than one way to get to every solution."

PIN
    ch me then
    Device
    9550 Storm 2
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by P3Designs View Post
    Interesting, I have not had to delete the 4.7 files but I do have to do a battery pull after install. My only guess, and its just a guess, is that the battery pull overwrites/deletes the files.

As long as all is well, its well. Like my grandpapy used to say "There is more than one way to get to every solution."
    aint that the truth.. hey I know you have an understanding of .cod...
    http://www.blackberryos.com/forums/9...ls-folder.html

check that out.. I have some questions

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast