How many people are sticking with 5.0 OS? - Page 4

Poll: Are you sticking with 5.0?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: How many people are sticking with 5.0 OS?

diverbelow is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Wirelessly posted

I am sticking and sticking tight
    I am doing the same thing!

cawty is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    storm
    OS
    hybrid v.3.5
    Liked
    0 times
    The only major issue i had was ql. I deleted it and upgraded and now its fine. My fb doesnt work though. I can live without it for a while. Overall the 5.0 is smooth ahhh man, its aight for now . Im sure crackman and lyric are gonna bust this thing wide open.

the BB movement.... yes sir.

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by cawty View Post
    The only major issue i had was ql. I deleted it and upgraded and now its fine. My fb doesnt work though. I can live without it for a while. Overall the 5.0 is smooth ahhh man, its aight for now . Im sure crackman and lyric are gonna bust this thing wide open.
    Yep I am sure they will

HarlyFan is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    It on the JACKASS!
    Device
    9530 Storm 9550 Storm2
    OS
    5.0.0.530 by Lyricidal
    Liked
    0 times
    Waiting also for Crackman to make some improvements, just to many issues to deal with right now!

sbain1 is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow sbain1 On Twitter
    PIN
    306E23D1
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times

Sticking, Staying and Loving it.

I had 3 apps that didn't work (log into facebook with Opera). Vlingo, BB App World and Application center.

I have been really lucky with my Storm. It has taken everything I have thrown at it.

I had an issue with the Internal Browser being sooo slow! But today it settled in and is now the fastest and most responsive of any of the OS's. Not as fast as Opera...that REALLY flies!

I have 18 3rd Party Apps (19 if you count Natemz's BBapmped Red Theme) and I boot with 41.8MB and haven't been below 34MB yet. It is fast, colorful, responsive and works with all my apps (lucky I guess), I use a paid 3rd party GPS Navigation (for the one that asked earlier) it is Garmin Mobile and it is so sweet! But that is if you want to pay for one.

Well that's my 2 pennies. I totally love it...and...I know it will only get better as our geeks start polishing off a few brews and "tweak" it even more.

jpking is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow jpking On Twitter
    Device
    Storm2 9550
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    Just recently discovered Slacker radio & can't go without it, so I'm sticking with Crackman's Hybrid for now

Vaffanculo403 is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Storm2
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    now I was sitting here thinking and I'm not sure about all the different parts and what they do. I do know that BBC and the others shuffles different pieces around to fix different bus and try to speed things up. Now My question is do we think it's possible to take the pieces that control the message alerts and phone alerts from one of the other 5.0 builds from a different model phone and replace them. I can deal with the apps not working but the the no alerts thing combined with the SMS messages and emails not showing up right away (and sometimes not at all until a battery pull is done) is unacceptable to me...come on BBC work your magic buddy!!!

causey is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    OOAK's .425 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I said no, but not for my apps. I loved it after the first install, but i just finished putting a 4.7.1/.151/5.0 hybrid back on because of the bugs i kept getting. They slowly trickled in untill it was almost unbearable lol.
    Fallen, broken. Simply dissolved into an incomplete thought.
    An empty shell, cracked, and disfigured. With no remorse,
    I have been blinded by the darkness. With no disdain,
    I have received my punishment. And with no haste, I await them.

watkins is offline BlackBerryOS Addict Follow watkins On Twitter
    PIN
    if you can
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230 Shrunk!!!!
    Liked
    0 times
    well i voted yes i love it..........i don't have any of these issues really..........facebook not being available has actually been a breath of fresh air.......now for my quickpull to work would be great but haven't needed to reset my phone for any reason......memory is the best it has ever been......i don't use any of these other apps......alarm clock doesn't work correctly but found a fix so.......she's a keeper!!!!!!!!!!!!

phone has been on since 2 am this morning and has lost 4mb.........that is by far the best for me EVER!!!!
    Last edited by watkins; 07-23-2009 at 11:36 PM. Reason: more info

BBThemesUnltd is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    TrickY
    Device
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    i have to be quite honest besides that u cannot view the pic anymore before u download i have 0 issues with bbm 5.0.. and todays rim being down.. but other than that absolutely no issues at all... LUV ITTTT

Ukyo is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired Follow Ukyo On Twitter
    PIN
    304934F6
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v8 (.151 base)
    Liked
    0 times
    While it's nice and all, I need my apps otherwise I wouldn't even bother with a BB. I did like what it did to my font though... at least I think in part it had something to do with it. OS 5 had font sizes smaller than what's currently available on beta releases and hybrids so I chose one and at around 6 or 5, forgot which one though but after soft wiping the phone with BBSK, the size kinda of stuck but it's for my BBClarity. It's nice and small, just the way I like it. I can actually read my most of my work email without having to scroll at all. I dare not try and change the font or size now just in case it reverts back and won't let me change it again.

Seanren78 is offline BlackBerryOS Master Follow Seanren78 On Twitter
    PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    Wirelessly posted (storm 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by diverbelow
    Quote Originally Posted by polar135 View Post
    I love it so im sticking. anyone figured out a gps program i can use on it? Please let me know if u do!
    GPSLogger is working with the leaked 5.0 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    Google maps seemed to work fine. Of course there is always BB Maps which also worked. Beyond that I have not tried any others.
    My GoogleMaps, its thinks it in a pearl series phone. Does you work prior to 5.0?
    I probably will give 5.0 a couple more days. I downloaded two versions in the exchange for different bugs. I can live with out my apps so as I have google maps and access to BBOS. The beta shows where Rim is headed and I like it!
    Driphter.com Co-Owner

JimMariner is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    v5.0.0.328
    Liked
    0 times
    I am going to stick with it. I like alot of the new features. It will serve my needs just fine. So far, and it's been 2 days now, it has been working flawlessly. SO FAR !!! :P

Crimsonking is offline BlackBerryOS Noobie Follow Crimsonking On Twitter
    PIN
    305B5053
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Liked
    0 times
    I too had issues with the notifications on emails...but i went into the individual account profiles - found that the settings for ring In/out of holster or always were all screwed up...also, many of the volume levels were down to 1. After going thru that, I have no notification issues.
    Also switched back to stock Zen theme.

I cant decide if I am going to keep it or not. Last Hybrid I tried bricked the phone on me (my fault without a doubt...) so I am a tad gunshy. Altho with the link to 151 earlier in this thread, i may try it this weekend.

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonking View Post
    I too had issues with the notifications on emails...but i went into the individual account profiles - found that the settings for ring In/out of holster or always were all screwed up...also, many of the volume levels were down to 1. After going thru that, I have no notification issues.
    Also switched back to stock Zen theme.

I cant decide if I am going to keep it or not. Last Hybrid I tried bricked the phone on me (my fault without a doubt...) so I am a tad gunshy. Altho with the link to 151 earlier in this thread, i may try it this weekend.
    Welcome to BlackberryOS. To tell you the truth, the more you brick and recover your phone, the more confident you get. I could care less about bricking my phone now knowing it can be recovered if I have a little bit of patience.

TommyGrubz is offline BlackBerryOS Addict
    PIN
    stripes on
    Device
    8330 / 9530 / M
    OS
    VZW official Curve O
    Liked
    4 times
    I think I may be going back to V7.1 today. I really like how FAST the phone is with 5.0. But the biggest issues for me are: battery doesn't last nearly as long, FB is gone (I never realized how much I used it till now, but I dont like using it on the computer ether), random glitches such as screen freezing - requiring a batt pull..

Does anyone know if BBM 5.0 is downloadable again? I heard RIM made everyone take their links down... Thats the other thing is I dont wanna lose BBM 5.0...

jlevy73 is offline BlackBerryOS Einstein
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyGrubz View Post
    I think I may be going back to V7.1 today. I really like how FAST the phone is with 5.0. But the biggest issues for me are: battery doesn't last nearly as long, FB is gone (I never realized how much I used it till now, but I dont like using it on the computer ether), random glitches such as screen freezing - requiring a batt pull..

Does anyone know if BBM 5.0 is downloadable again? I heard RIM made everyone take their links down... Thats the other thing is I dont wanna lose BBM 5.0...
    No BBM 5 has been taken down. However, if you back up your phone, BBM is saved as an application should you should be able to restore that from there.

berryuser is offline BlackBerryOS Inspired
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Liked
    0 times
    for people who don't use 3rd party apps that much, or at all, 5.0 is good. It's nice to see where RIM is taking the storm's OS and hopefully it will be ready for primetime. Not undermining the many glitches but it's a start.

Also as other people mentioned, the memory stability on this build is great.
    Last edited by berryuser; 07-25-2009 at 12:25 PM.

soupmeister is offline BlackBerryOS Gifted
    PIN
    Caution
    Device
    9530 on BELL Canada
    OS
    leaked .591 & Lyricidal's .758 V2 Hybrid
    Liked
    0 times
    I'm liking it. A couple of my apps don't work but all in all I like this OS. Browser is fast and so is the camera. Signal is strong and the battery life is good. I think that RIM is trying to take it down because it's as close to gold as they have been. Once BBC finishes tweaking it (legally of course) then it should be spectacular.:cool2:
    "Anyone who isn't confused doesn't really understand the situation!" - Ed Morrow

tnhwyman is offline BlackBerryOS Enthusiast Follow tnhwyman On Twitter
    Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    Liked
    6 times
    Need my apps. pdf to go was #1 reason. One other problem I had right off the bat, was setting my bb alarm. The only way I could change the hours, was to scroll forever through the minutes box... sort of like using the old wrist watch to go back in time one minute at a time lol. For now it's 151 and BBM 5.0 for me.
    Storm 9550 os v5.0.0.1015
    Curve 9330 os v6.0.0.524

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast