Poll: Are you sticking with 5.0?

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
Results 177 to 184 of 210

  1. #177
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    PIN
    32653d3c
    Device
    Bold 9650
    OS
    5.0.0.975
    Posts
    324
    I couldn't answer the poll question because my answer is not there. I just upgraded to 5.0 today. I think it is by far the best performing OS to date for the Storm. however I do miss some of my apps. For now I am going to stick with 5.0 and hope that a new leaked version comes out shortly that will address many off the app issues. However, if there is no new leaked version of 5.0 for an extended period of time I may be forced back to .151, or a newer version of 4.7.0.x out of necessity. That being said I truely believe that next to 5.0, .151 is the best update to the v4.7 family of OSes.



  2. #178
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Device
    Motorola Razr2
    Posts
    145
    i found a pretty annoying bug and I don't know if anyone else experienced this:

    I was taking pics and emailing them the moment I took them, and after the 2nd or 3rd pic I get a random reboot. This has happened only on the 5.0 OS if I can remember correctly. I tried this over and over and I have successfully repeated the bug.

  3. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    i found a pretty annoying bug and I don't know if anyone else experienced this:

    I was taking pics and emailing them the moment I took them, and after the 2nd or 3rd pic I get a random reboot. This has happened only on the 5.0 OS if I can remember correctly. I tried this over and over and I have successfully repeated the bug.
    I just duplicating this error and found no problems with sending emails right after take a photo. However, what I have found is that when I zoom in using the camera and take a shot, I get a screen full of crazy weird lines. It only happens when I zoom in so I guess I won't be zooming in lol



  4. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    Posts
    8,538
    Quote Originally Posted by bbprintz215 View Post
    I couldn't answer the poll question because my answer is not there. I just upgraded to 5.0 today. I think it is by far the best performing OS to date for the Storm. however I do miss some of my apps. For now I am going to stick with 5.0 and hope that a new leaked version comes out shortly that will address many off the app issues. However, if there is no new leaked version of 5.0 for an extended period of time I may be forced back to .151, or a newer version of 4.7.0.x out of necessity. That being said I truely believe that next to 5.0, .151 is the best update to the v4.7 family of OSes.
    Hey bb the problem with 3rd party apps is they are not yet compatible with 5.0. As you know that leak was never intended to see the light of day and until RIM releases an official 5.0 some apps will not work properly. So it may be some time for developers to catch up so to speak.

  5. #181
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Minneapolis
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0.0.419
    Posts
    36
    Ok... So I've had 4 reboots today. Up to this point this OS was rockin'! Not sure what was causing it. Apps installed were BBM5, BerryWeather, Google Maps, Google Sync, OperaMini, Poynt, QuickLaunch, StormLock, Slacker, and SocialScope. Each time I was using Slacker and had SS set to auto update. All were working fine.

    I REFUSE TO GET RID OF THIS OS!!!! So I uninstalled Google Maps, OperaMini, Slacker, and SocialScope. Because I was having withdrawls... I know... I installed UberTwitter and Pandora. Unfortunately I've had another reboot.

    For those running 5.0, do any of the apps above jump out at you as a problem? Did I mention... I REFUSE TO GET RID OF THIS OS!!!



  6. #182
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    bama
    PIN
    what's tha
    Device
    DROID
    OS
    2.0
    Posts
    1,210
    i haven't had any reboots and have all your apps except slacker and google sync. might try to uninstall them and see.

  7. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Fortress of Gorillatude
    Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    1.4
    Posts
    639
    Quote Originally Posted by jlevy73 View Post
    I just duplicating this error and found no problems with sending emails right after take a photo. However, what I have found is that when I zoom in using the camera and take a shot, I get a screen full of crazy weird lines. It only happens when I zoom in so I guess I won't be zooming in lol
    Friend of kind--I mean, mine--I believe that if you go to Camera -> Options and set your default picture size to "Medium (1024 x 768)" you shall be able to zoom in close enough to see the red hairs on the red hairs.

  8. #184
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    PIN
    306E23D1
    Device
    9530 Storm
    OS
    5.0.0.230
    Posts
    81
    I wonder how many of the 75 that are "yes I love it" still are using it?

    I really do wish I could send you all the magic that my Storm seems to have. It still has never had a reboot, except for when I install or uninstall an app and it asks for one...never a "random" (knock on wood or anything else that wards of evil reboot spirits).

    I didn't upgrade my sig before this post but have since added Blip, Uninstalled BerryWeather and traded for MyCast Weather, Yippidu, Neoreader and MyVerizon to the list. Took off Vlingo as it was having trouble connecting to their server (uninstall 5.0.140 and installed V8 and had the same problem, so it must be my location that is bad).

    So I am still Mr. Lucky when it comes to all things with this particular Storm!!!

    But I do wonder if we ran a new poll (polling those 75 votes), how many are still hanging in there with us die hards?

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •