Poll: Are you sticking with 5.0?

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

sunkast Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Edtheplumber View Post
    I love 5.0.0.140! I have found that some apps do not work, but since I have abandoned them for a while now I do not miss them. I find that SocialScope takes care of my Facebook addiction... I was getting alot of reboots (3-4 a day)with uber and social but after changing the connection type from auto to bis I have not have a restart in 2 1/2 days (except twice a day I swap batteries, and I have not reset since 8 am this morning at all and was surfing for hours while wondering around stores with the wife shopping.) I was getting errors from net_rim_cldc-22 right before a crash... still wondering if fluke or what. I did upgrade to newer urber this morning. My desire to have the new app world is not stong enough for me to down grade. opera mini (operettee) still causes an eofe exception in net_rim_cldc-1 but has not crashed the phone I am assuming that way third party app access the network is the cause of the crashes, but i am not educated enough to understand why or investigate further.
    Here are the apps I use if it helps: quick launch, meter berry, phone tweak, berry weather, viigo, opera mini, ubertwitter, bolt, socialscope lite, i heartradio, pocketday list(great for grocerys!), tip calculator, poynt, Smap, Visual Voice Mail, Vcast song id, Banner, berry buzz, and copy all... I think thats all of them, no theme the stock today is pretty cool! I really miss flycast though...
    Thanks for the feedback and welcome to BlackberryOS.

PIN
    30FFD7CB
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    5.0 hybrid of some kind lol
    I played around with the network settings in my third party apps and found that TCP settings are definately fastest. I did get a random reset today after about 10 hours, but no error was logged...I also retried FlyCast today and it worked! I got to listen to my Fox and Friends...I dont know why, but I am not questioning it...

PIN
    Ask Me
    Device
    OS
    Personalized Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Edtheplumber View Post
    I played around with the network settings in my third party apps and found that TCP settings are definately fastest. I did get a random reset today after about 10 hours, but no error was logged...I also retried FlyCast today and it worked! I got to listen to my Fox and Friends...I dont know why, but I am not questioning it...
    Good to hear and Welcome to Blackberry OS!

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    Is any one using Meterberry with 5.0. I am currently running it and I have not had any problems. I would like to know what percentage of battery usage do you go through hourly. I am currently between 2.8-4.2%. This is my only gripe with 5.0. I am curious if this is the norm for this OS.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bxrider117 View Post
    Is any one using Meterberry with 5.0. I am currently running it and I have not had any problems. I would like to know what percentage of battery usage do you go through hourly. I am currently between 2.8-4.2%. This is my only gripe with 5.0. I am curious if this is the norm for this OS.
    Right now mine says 3.8%/hr but if I use it heavier it can increase up to 6%. I would definitely like it to be better, but that's how it's been on previous OS as well. I usually charge my phone mid-day.

Device
    9630/9550/9530/
    I am 4.2%/hr but sometimes I see it climb to 6% or above. The battery life on this OS is not the best.

Device
    Storm 9550
    OS
    .713 based Hybrid
    I'm showing 4.3% but I did listen to Pandora for almost 2 hrs this morning and had a few resets trying some different apps then deleting them. I am running Berryweather updating each hour and wallpaper changer but both don't seem to be using anymore battery than they were with BBC's V8.

PIN
    3049B9CB
    Device
    Storm 9530
    OS
    5.0 said freeze and I got numb!!!
    You guys and ladies are the best. Super fast responses. I thought it was just my phone with the battery usage. When I first load up 5.0 I can almost get 1 3/4 of day worth of battery without a recharge, but once the OS settles then I get about 14-18 hours of battery life. I am going to try a boot leg battery that is 1600 mAh and see if there is a noticeable difference.

Thanks again for putting my mind at ease. 5.0 is a keeper!!!

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast