Poll: Are you sticking with 5.0?

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by sbain1 View Post
    So...what's a reboot?

Seriously, I must be really lucky, I never had reboots back with the what was it....075?

I am always trying different 3rd party apps, installing then dumping if I don't like them, so I reboot a lot! Perhaps that's why 5.0.140 doesn't do it randomly...maybe it just never get the chance. :laugh2:
    Iz becuz bainey iz a goooood houz elf!

Congrats on your good fortune!

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    I got a wise advice from a friend here....He suggested in order to minimize reboots on 5.0, we need to clear our browser cache frequently. The more you browse online, the more often, you need to clear.

PIN
    311FA49B
    Device
    storm 2 9550
    OS
    5.0.0.428 hybrid (428/442/451)
    Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)

Quote Originally Posted by olta777
    I got a wise advice from a friend here....He suggested in order to minimize reboots on 5.0, we need to clear our browser cache frequently. The more you browse online, the more often, you need to clear.
    Good advice olta. Now that I think of it I may not have been that diligent with my house cleaning. How would you clear cache if your using opera? Same way?

And Lou, any true sawx fan knows that love hurts brotha. I Feel your pain. lol
    Last edited by medic0906; 08-09-2009 at 02:59 AM.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Quote Originally Posted by medic0906 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (STORM 9530)

Good advice olta. Now that I think of it I may not have been that diligent with my house cleaning. How would you clear cache if your using opera? Same way?

And Lou, any true sawx fan knows that love hurts brotha. I Feel your pain. lol
    With Opera, open it, click bb key, settings, clear cookies....then Opera Mini, Menu, Tools, Help, Data Transmitted (Cache), Clear....and also clear history

Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Excellent find! Thank you for passing along!!

Device
    None
    OS
    Virtuous 3.26.605.1*
    Yes this is great news. I got into the habit of not doing that because the Desktop Manager seem to overlook the cache issues. Beside that, I left the cache alone so I did not have to continue to login to BBOS to reply to post.

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by louwiid
    Quote Originally Posted by olta777 View Post
    Excellent find! Thank you for passing along!!
    No problem. I did observe that opera runs even faster when cache is cleared. :banana:

PIN
    30FFD7CB
    Device
    9550 Storm
    OS
    5.0 hybrid of some kind lol
    I love 5.0.0.140! I have found that some apps do not work, but since I have abandoned them for a while now I do not miss them. I find that SocialScope takes care of my Facebook addiction... I was getting alot of reboots (3-4 a day)with uber and social but after changing the connection type from auto to bis I have not have a restart in 2 1/2 days (except twice a day I swap batteries, and I have not reset since 8 am this morning at all and was surfing for hours while wondering around stores with the wife shopping.) I was getting errors from net_rim_cldc-22 right before a crash... still wondering if fluke or what. I did upgrade to newer urber this morning. My desire to have the new app world is not stong enough for me to down grade. opera mini (operettee) still causes an eofe exception in net_rim_cldc-1 but has not crashed the phone I am assuming that way third party app access the network is the cause of the crashes, but i am not educated enough to understand why or investigate further.
    Here are the apps I use if it helps: quick launch, meter berry, phone tweak, berry weather, viigo, opera mini, ubertwitter, bolt, socialscope lite, i heartradio, pocketday list(great for grocerys!), tip calculator, poynt, Smap, Visual Voice Mail, Vcast song id, Banner, berry buzz, and copy all... I think thats all of them, no theme the stock today is pretty cool! I really miss flycast though...

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast