Poll: Are you sticking with 5.0?

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    Quote Originally Posted by berryuser View Post
    lou did you shrink prior to install?
    Yeppers. I think I got my Java down to ~28.8mb or so (from ~86.6mb prior to shrink) by using shrink.

The only real issue I have with 5.0.0.140 is the unexplained locked denial for the security timer reset permission. However, all this means is that I cannot run soft reset programs, and those are now mostly moot due to the memory stability of this build.

Device
    Motorola Razr2
    lou, do you ever get this annoying problem where after you end a call you hear this error tone that plays every second? and the only way to get rid of it is to make a phone call?

Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    lou, do you ever get this annoying problem where after you end a call you hear this error tone that plays every second? and the only way to get rid of it is to make a phone call?
    I have never had that issue.

Have you gone through the usual forensics (switch to Precision Zen theme; remove 3d party apps and reinstall one-by-one; turn Bluetooth on/off as applicable; wipe and reinstall (w/o shrink) as a last-sitch fix; etc.) to try and diagnose the problem?

I know that prior hybrids had issues with shrinking before install (shrinking after initial install was okay). Maybe your device is having a similar issue here. You may want to try a new clean install (backing up with BBSAK is so easy!), sync, batt pulls, etc. and then shrink as the last step.

Also, you could try asking in 5.0.0.140 Findings and Fixes. Alternatively, you may want to IM MePaschal as he is a mother loving ninja when it comes to workarounds and tricks for this build.

Good luck resolving this issue!

Device
    Motorola Razr2
    heh thanks for the advice lou

yeah that problem I have just happens randomly and is no means a deal breaker, but overall I just love how the transitions work 100% of the time and how the memory remains so high. I also shrunk and it and I booted up with like 50+mb with no apps installed, and has been holding strong for the past 7 hours.

Glad to see you're sticking with 5.0

Device
    Palm Pre
    OS
    heh thanks for the advice lou

yeah that problem I have just happens randomly and is no means a deal breaker, but overall I just love how the transitions work 100% of the time and how the memory remains so high. I also shrunk and it and I booted up with like 50+mb with no apps installed, and has been holding strong for the past 7 hours.

Glad to see you're sticking with 5.0
    I learned my lesson.

Plus, overcoming my OHD now allows me to focus on new and interesting ways to inadvertently brick my device!

Good luck!

PIN
    3059a863
    Device
    Storm
    OS
    Some hybrid
    Well, I downgraded to BBC 7.1.4 earlier this week due to a few bugs that i just could not handle.

The thing that did me in was the broken alarm. Dont know if anyone else had this problem but on all 3 installs i tried it was the same. Alarm would default to 12:00 pm, and to set it the "12" box and the "pm" box did not work. Meaning I had to count down to minutes to set my alarm to wake up in the morning. Ridiculous. Someone suggested setting it with the calendar, but I couldnt figure out how to make it for before 9 am.

The other big problem i had with it was about 50% of the time when i would answer a call, my phone would continue to vibrate as if it was ringing throughout the call. VERY ANNOYING to say the least. A few times it even played my ringtone through the handset speaker. LOL.

Other than that, I loved everything about 5.0.0.140. But i think ill wait for BBC to work out some of these kinks before giving it another go-round.

PIN
    4U2C
    Device
    Torch 9800
    OS

Os 5.0.0.140

Quote Originally Posted by Natemz View Post
    I am just curious to see how many will stick with the 5.0 leak. I backed down to 151 this morning due to the lack of apps that work. Google Sync was a big one for me. It's a great OS though. I hated to have to downgrade.

So how many of you are sticking with it?
    Judging by the general lack of posts I believe, like myself ,that most Storm users are suspiscious of the Os 5.140. There appears to be nowhere near the excitement generated when Crackman or Lyricidal introduced the first 151 hybrids. For my part I`m not convinced that there are real benefits to be derived over a standard 151 Os or hybrid thereof.

No positve reports or real exciting attributes made mention of
    Last edited by 654321ROD; 08-01-2009 at 12:46 AM. Reason: Typo

Device
    VZW Droid
    OS
    Custom ROM
    Wirelessly posted

Quote Originally Posted by louwiid
    5.0 all day all the way!!!
    :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast